• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Nova CRT (Only for the one I really like)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the help. It is very appreciated.

Bump, please can we for the love of God finish this CRT already
I have other Marvel projects I want to do and I want to dump my scans to the page itself already and move on ffs

All of the results are valid

The first calculates the yield of the blast, then the second calculates Nova's durability, then the third calculates the ship durability.
Did anything change since I said this?

I thought that there were different end results for Nova's durability depending on his assumed proximity to the blast, which gave either regular 4-B or close to 4-A results, or do I misremember?

I checked, and a 4-A Nova seems like a massive outlier. We likely cannot use it.

Okay why was the 4-A Nova end accepted, again as I said multiple times that one assumes he’s in Annihilus’s fleet which is like “why” assumption because they planned on waiting several minutes before using Nova’s powers again to hop into the middle of the fleet

If Nova was actually in the edge of Annihilus’s fleet they’d already be duking it out ship wise, so that end makes no sense at all for the calc anyways

Okay why was the 4-A Nova end accepted, again as I said multiple times that one assumes he’s in Annihilus’s fleet which is like “why” assumption because they planned on waiting several minutes before using Nova’s powers again to hop into the middle of the fleet

If Nova was actually in the edge of Annihilus’s fleet they’d already be duking it out ship wise, so that end makes no sense at all for the calc anyways
@DMUA

I think I'd prefer to leave this matter to more knowledgeable verse members.

I don't really know anything about Marvel Comics, so I'm not sure if I can properly help here

We need the calculation properly evaluated, so we have somethig to work from.

Can I at least start applying the powers to Nova's page and the scaling for 4-B?
The calc only really changes 4-B values

No. My apologies, but we need to get it confirmed whether or not we can use it.

Bruh this calc in terms of the actual edir=ting for the page only changes if I put it in the durability or not
This thread has been dragged for too long as is, I really don't see why at least putting everything that was already agreed on is out there, literally the calc doesn't change any rating if it gets appled or not

Currently the 4-A result has been accepted, and that would be a massive outlier, so we need to know what to do here. Sorry.

It being an outlier is irrelevant to my position but like

The calc itself barely gives any context to the feat or gives an opinion on why one would make more sense than the other

Like I guess I could say in ambiguity we should go for the low end but I'm still just confused on what even is happening and how Nova is involved, to this moment

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

Tllmbrg, would you be willing to explain to DMUA?

Nova was in a fleet with unknown distance from the explosion Galactus caused
So 4-B ends goes of the background and assumes he's a planet's worth of distance
4-A end for some reason assumes he's in the edge of Annihillus's fleet and tries pixel scaling its size

Okay but, why are the fleets there, were they going to start fighting and thus the proximity was reasonable?

Okay but, why are the fleets there, were they going to start fighting and thus the proximity was reasonable?
Nova was gonna use his wormhole generation power (Which maybe I should add to the CRT but buh) to make another jump with the fleet just to centre of Annihilus's so if they were reasonable distance away is unknown

Ah

Alright I guess that makes sense, kinda

I'll just go approve of the other end now

Aight so am I allowed to edit the page in accordance to this CRT then?

I already explained the problem with the second calc which makes it unusable, if the first Nova calc has problems with then we should try fixing it instead because the second one relies on a baseless assumption that Nova is in the edge of Annihilus's fleet even tho he's not being attacked by any ships and is planning on another wormhole jump

Okay. So did Executor not have a problem with the calculation that DMUA accepted?

Well, we seem to go around in circles then.

@Executor_N0 would you be willing to help us out here please?

No he did, he just said the second one is better which I disagree with
Are you referring to me ? Because that isn't what I said.

"But if it's the origin of the explosion and is certain that Nova is at the limit of the fleet and the image shows a valid representation of that (That is, it's certain that the 2px is the last and there's no other ships that simply couldn't be shown there for they being simply smaller than a pixel), it could be a good solution and the second calc "could" be more valid."

As I said, "if", "could". If those prepositions were true, then it "could" be more valid. As I explained in the reply, I didn't understand a loot of the context. So I needed to look for something in order to try to make sense of the information that I couldn't understand.

I didn't read the storyline so I really don't know what is happening and why it could be that Nova is far away, or right at the end of the fleet that is closer to the epicenter of the explosion (If that is really the epicenter of the explosion, as I said I don't understand what is happening).

Okay I misunderstood then, anyways the 4-B end is what we can really use without further info so eh any ways to improve it in theory or will it stay as is?

I think that in the case of not having reasoning to use the "Nova is at the end of the fleet", then the lower end should be used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back