• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been discussing that with Axx, Headless, Goji and Roach. And we came to this conclusion.

As King Jellyjam scored a 8/10 on strength, the other monsters that scored that same score should possibly scale as they are equal in strength (literally getting the exact same rating), and that it shouldn't be an outlier since the 9-B feats performed by Will Blake and The Haunted Mask (characters that also scored a 8/10) were done casually (the same premise on why Roshi's 5-C feat is no longer an outlier since he scales to characters that casually destroy cities).

So with Will Blake for example his tier will be like this;

"Tier: At least 9-B, possibly 8-A"

Note: This will only go for characters that scored a 8/10 or higher.

I am neutral on if this gets added or not.

Last edited:
As you said, I think this could work, though not sure if those lower should scale at all, as the system has unquantifiable progression, so it is really unknown how much an 8 is superior to a 7. And again, this is only a “possibly” when it comes to scaling to other characters, given the term “Strength” is a tad vague in its implications but can be interpreted to AP output.

As you said, I think this could work, though not sure if those lower should scale at all, as the system has unquantifiable progression, so it is really unknown how much an 8 is superior to a 7. And again, this is only a “possibly” when it comes to scaling to other characters, given the term “Strength” is a tad vague in its implications but can be interpreted to AP output.
Fair enough.

Now this will just be for characters who scored a 8/10 or higher if that is what you are suggesting.

I trust Imp's sense of judgement. What she has accepted can probably be applied, and what she has rejected can not.

I trust Imp's sense of judgement. What she has accepted can probably be applied, and what she has rejected can not.
So you support the stuff she didn't elaborate about at all and the stuff Gews argued against and she didn't respond to?
Yaaaaah I don't think you should do that, sounds like a really bad decision considering she did say that the scaling with the Strength Metric in the Goosebump Fright Gallery should not be used and this's right now used for scaling for some 9-Bs and for a possibly 8-A rating

What Tllmbrg said.

Still waiting for LordGriffin and Starter Pack to arrive and give their thoughts.

Btw shouldn't The Lord High Executioner have 2 Keys if anything?
I assume his wax statue form was not a thing in his origanl appearances so he should have a Key as a human and then wax statue
With wax statue also just having the acauslity typ4 while human form having it with a possibly

Btw shouldn't The Lord High Executioner have 2 Keys if anything?
I assume his wax statue form was not a thing in his origanl appearances so he should have a Key as a human and then wax statue
With wax statue also just having the acauslity typ4 while human form having it with a possibly
Sure

Eh I think it'd be better if you did the P&A in tabbers since both Keys have a decent amount of abilities and it'll make it look less text wally

I agree with almost all the additions for the movie monsters but I'm a bit iffy on Immortality type 4 and Self-Resurrection.

Yes, the guide states they'll find a way to return but it doesn't state if they died, just that they don't like to lose which could mean anything from being trapped, beaten, or killed. Now Hannah's statement could be used as a backup but she could be referring to there level of regeneration which we see allows them to come back from puddles of ink. I don't know if that's what she was referring to but if majority of the people think Type 4 Immortality and Self-Resurrection is sensible then I don't have a problem accepting it as a possibility, I just wanted to voice out my concerns.

I'm also fine with the possible 8-A scaling for the monsters that scored an 8/10 on the strength scale so long as it wasn't souly based on something like Lifting Strength given King Jellyjam caused the magnitude 5 via burping hard.

I'm not to knowledgeable on the Books so I can't say to much on the profile updates. I'm a bit busy making a feats collection for one of the verses but if my input on them is needed that much I'll look over them.

Ok so we can at least somewhat conclude that almost all the additions for the movie monsters are ok to add. As Zark also thought they were ok and I know that Headless, Axx and Roach are ok with it since we've discussed over it off-site.

Last edited:
So you support the stuff she didn't elaborate about at all and the stuff Gews argued against and she didn't respond to?
Yaaaaah I don't think you should do that, sounds like a really bad decision considering she did say that the scaling with the Strength Metric in the Goosebump Fright Gallery should not be used and this's right now used for scaling for some 9-Bs and for a possibly 8-A rating
Well, I only referred to what she actually mentioned, but never mind then.

Supergenius is still extremely hard to genuinely qualify for though.

Supergenius is still extremely hard to genuinely qualify for though.
Ok. We have moved on from that.

Does Fifi the Vampire Poodle have Fright Gallery stats? I know Please Don't Feed the Vampire! got a Classic Goosebumps release which is where the Fright Gallery stats are from
No. Fifi doesn't have Splat Stats. Along with that any book of the Classic Goosebumps series beyond Stay Out of the Basement don't have Splat Stats or Fright Galleries.

The idea for the physiology page can work since I have been told that the only requirements for a verse-specific power is basically numbers (can't be something that only 2 people use and can't be something that grants like 3 powers to its users). This applies to every single monster in the movies and grants the abilities listed above along with the Low-High Regeneration and type 3 Immortality.

Why is being made from ink listed as water manipulation?
Wouldn’t “Limited Organic Manipulation or Inorganic Physiology” be better?
That actually covers both cases of being made from ink

Why is being made from ink listed as water manipulation?
Wouldn’t “Limited Organic Manipulation or Inorganic Physiology” be better?
That actually covers both cases of being made from ink
Why would listing that as "Limited Organic Manipulation" be any better? Liquid Physiology is because they are made of an inorganic liquid, so having that linked to an ability entirely about organic matter contradicts that. And they already have Inorganic Physiology listed.

Last edited:
Why would listing that as "Limited Organic Manipulation" be any better? Liquid Physiology is because they are made of an inorganic liquid, so having that linked to an ability entirely about organic matter contradicts that.
Okay but why you linked water manipulation there?
I said limited organic manipulation or Inorganic manipulation to cover both (If it wasn't clear I meant that you say Liquid Physiology and then in bracket say both options for what power it can be)

Anyways, back to this again.
Anyways with the movie monster stuff, will it be ok to add them now? Most people here think they are ok, including one current staff member and a retired staff member, with some contention over their possible Self-Resurrection.

Should I ask a few thread/discussion moderators to come and help evaluate this?

Last edited:
Gonna give a recap on what this CRT is going over now. To make things somewhat easier for the staff.

1. 11 profile rewrites. You can see all of that in the OP.

2. A possible physiology page for the monsters that appeared in the Goosebumps movies. Along with Limitless stamina for reasoning you can also see in the OP.

So would it be ok to add that now?

Most of the people here think its ok, two of them being staff members (albeit Zark is a retired staff member). And I doubt the majority of the other staff members Antvasima pinged since the majority have been inactive.

Okay. In lack of better options, what has been unanimously accepted can probably be applied then, but not what is still disputed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back