• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait why does The Lord HE has petrifaction?
The power literally says the ability to turn stuff to stone while he turns people into wax
And his stealth mastery should be either detailed or have scans for it

Wait why does The Lord HE has petrifaction?
The power literally says the ability to turn stuff to stone while he turns people into wax
Why wouldn't that be Petrification? That ability isn't exclusive to stone as the profile suggests with the "Petrification is considered to be a sub-category of transmutation, it forcibly turns the target into a statue of stone or other inorganic material", and we have characters that have the ability by turning others into stuff that isn't stone such as gold (I.E. Issac ffrom Bind of Isaac and Bill Cipher).

Then why is the first lin in the page literally:
"Petrification is the ability to turn someone or something into stone. The most famous and perhaps prototypical example of this power is in the myth of Perseus and Medusa, the latter of which would cause men to turn into stone simply by the unfortunate victims casting a glance at her."

And if the 2 of those have that ability for that reason they should be revised to not have it then

Then why is the first lin in the page literally:
"Petrification is the ability to turn someone or something into stone. The most famous and perhaps prototypical example of this power is in the myth of Perseus and Medusa, the latter of which would cause men to turn into stone simply by the unfortunate victims casting a glance at her."

And if the 2 of those have that ability for that reason they should be revised to not have it then
That could simply just because stone is the most common/famous thing on terms of Petrification. It literally says so right there;
"The most famous and perhaps prototypical example of this power is in the myth of Perseus and Medusa, the latter of which would cause men to turn into stone simply by the unfortunate victims casting a glance at her."

But the initial explanation is literally "Petrification is the ability to turn someone or something into stone"
The page defines petrifaction as that, the second part would be a slight elaboration about what the ability to turn someone into stone entails

But the initial explanation is literally "Petrification is the ability to turn someone or something into stone"
Not sure why that matters. If you just want to go off of initial explanations on P&A profiles then we would have more strict and confusing standards on what ability is which. Plus afaik this has been a thing for years.

Why are you arguing this?

Not sure why that matters. If you just want to go off of initial explanations on P&A profiles then we would have more strict and confusing standards on what ability is which. Plus afaik this has been a thing for years.
Well when the initial explanation goes basically "Hey this power is the ability to do X" then general yes I'd like to go by that
Why are you arguing this?
Because I think you shouldn't get petrifaction of turning people to none stone stuff?

Well when the initial explanation goes basically "Hey this power is the ability to do X" then general yes I'd like to go by that
Well maybe you should consider reading the entire summary of the page. And again, it could simply just because turning people into stone is the most common material that users transform their victims to.

Because I think you shouldn't get petrifaction of turning people to none stone stuff?
And the page confirms that it isn't exclusive to stone. So whatever.

It would help if you also write the reasons for the new statistics and abilities. A simple list doesn't explain much.

You do realize if I do that, with absolutely everything that the rewrites are going to add (that last comment wasn't absolutely everything), that comment would be excessively long and not much better then just actually reading each blog?

Smh, doing this as a favour for Gews. I don't care enough to compare what he added, so I'm judging the page as a whole

Masked Mutant Rewrite
  • Enhanced Senses is just reaction speed
  • His shapeshifting is just Transformation, he straight up converts into the things
  • The "Limited" abilities shouldn't be listed, straight up. We don't list the X-Men with all the shit present in the X-Mansion. If any other character has this kinda shit listed, remove this crap from their profile as well.
  • "Is likely comparable to other comic book villains in the Goosebumps verse, such as Dr. Maniac" No. Surprisingly not every comic book character is the same damn tier in almost every other comic book verse.
  • His tier should be "Varies, 10-C to 9-B, depending on form taken"
  • Rest is fine, but fix the formatting errors.
The Swamp Monster Rewrite
  • He either has Resurrection or Regeneration. Make up your mind
  • Superhuman speed is reliant on PIS where two regular kids can run superhuman speeds. At ABSOLUTE BEST, it would be Peak Human, and even that is stretching it.
  • Rest is fine
Pumpkin Head Rewrite
  • I refuse to accept that as Regeneration of ANY form. It's a pumpkin ffs, and if they show NO other regen feats, I don't see a single piece of evidence to suggest it's not just balancing there.
  • The "Duplication/Corruption" iirc is listed as Biological Manipulation instead.
  • 9-B is bullshit, even a 10-A being can successfully cannibalize a corpse
  • If they have no speed feats, default would be to assume Normal Human, as they are able to interact with them.
  • Stamina is bullshit
  • Rest is fine
Lawn Gnomes Rewrite
  • Immortality should be Limited
  • LS is just Superhuman
Dark Falls Rewrite
  • Tier is AGAIN reliant on PIS feat of Josh and Amanda knocking down a tree. I will not accept 9-B rando kids, Gews, they're 10-B at best.
  • Rest is fine
The Grool Rewrite
  • This is fine
Scarecrow Rewrite
  • Converting Evil ratings to P&A I'll straight up disallow. They don't have any correlation other than coincidentals
  • Their Intelligence would be mindless, not Low. They're literally able to follow only the most basic of command
  • Rest is fine
King Jellyjam Rewrite
  • Why does having a Radioactive accident as your source of being automatically give you Radiation Manipulation? Spider-Man doesn't randomly have Radioactive Manipulation listed either.
  • "He can let out humongous burps that shook the ground with tremendous force." This is FAR more than just Wall level lol
  • Rest is fine
Evil Camera
  • Now comes a conversation regarding the "Strength" statistic. How the absolute **** is the STRENGTH of a Camera 9-B? Are the flashes 9-B? Why aren't Greg and co. straight up dead from a single flash? Strength statistic is likely not its LITERAL strength, but instead its ratings given its effect, a more generalized version of Strength, which is just a metric of the level of destruction the camera may be capable of, so a metric of hax as well. The camera isn't 9-B, and I say y'all should re-evaluate how you're scaling Strength to AP, it's blatantly not 1 to 1, and I will ask for it to straight up not be listed altogether for ANY Goosebumps profiles.
  • Rest is fine
The Movie revisions are fine as well.

Superhumanly, 9-B, smash through wooden doors tough? No.

Ican't, what realm do you belong to where a middle schooler is 9-B, a level only the peak of human physicality can achieve?

Kids who are either explicitly superhuman or where everyone in the verse is superhuman, yes.

These are random instances of normal ass middle schoolers performing superhuman feats, and neither the book nor them, recognizing it as superhuman, and its a one-time thing

Care to think abit more?

Anyways I'm pretty busy so won't comment anymore, this is like, a take-it-or-leave-it type of review.

Baiiiiiiiii

His shapeshifting is just Transformation, he straight up converts into the things

What? No. By that logic any shapeshifter would have Transformation instead because they "convert" into things. And the ability in the story has been described as shapeshifting iirc.

His tier should be "Varies, 10-C to 9-B, depending on form taken

Alright

He either has Resurrection or Regeneration. Make up your mind

Why not both? We have profiles like that already and he does heal from his resurrections.

As for all of the comments that can be basically because "they're just kids".

Just because they are kids doesn't mean we should denote said feats. Humans in verses vary, and you can argue that humans are just simply stronger in the Goosebumps then in real life since this isn't the first or last time in the verse humans (including children) have shown feats that a regular person cannot do. I doubt we can assume absolutely all of that is PIS.

The "Duplication/Corruption" iirc is listed as Biological Manipulation instead.

Why? That's essentially turning others into members of their species. That fits way better in Corruption/Duplication then Biological Manipulation.

Stamina is bullshit

Can you explain why?

"He can let out humongous burps that shook the ground with tremendous force." This is FAR more than just Wall level lol

Then what is it then? Can you give a specific tier (or anyone)?

Edit:

The "Limited" abilities shouldn't be listed, straight up. We don't list the X-Men with all the shit present in the X-Mansion. If any other character has this kinda shit listed, remove this crap from their profile as well.

I mean, if they have equipment then they should have the capabilities of said equipment explained on the profile.

I refuse to accept that as Regeneration of ANY form. It's a pumpkin ffs, and if they show NO other regen feats, I don't see a single piece of evidence to suggest it's not just balancing there.

Well in the story they don't have any trouble by keeping the head balanced on their shoulders, nor do they just randomly fall off, so we can't just assume they are just balancing there.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna put "likely higher" in his tier for his burps, that seems like an uncontroversial decision.

Ok so I'm gonna try to give a rough estimation on this by going off earthquakes (if its ok with Graugs then it should be ok here), going off this event that happens in the book, it at the bare minimum resembles a 4.0 magnitude earthquake. So he would be at least 8-B with his burps.

Edit: This won't scale to him physically since this is more then likely just Environmental Destruction.

How does that sound to everyone?

Last edited:
Ok so I'm gonna try to give a rough estimation on this by going off earthquakes (if its ok with Graugs then it should be ok here), going off this event that happens in the book, it at the bare minimum resembles a 4.0 magnitude earthquake. So he would be at least 8-B with his burps.

Edit: This won't scale to him physically since this is more then likely just Environmental Destruction.

How does that sound to everyone?
Better we get a calc person on this, but meh.

Alright, after some questioning with knowledgeable members on Vs Central and investigation on my and Axx's behalf, we can conclude that the earthquake in the scan is a magnitude 5/Mercalli VI as it fits the description of one.

"Felt by all, and many are frightened. Some heavy furniture is moved; a few instances of fallen plaster occur. Damage is slight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back