• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Another Goosebumps CRT. But probably the biggest CRT done so far, going over both the books and the movies.

Books
Just a bunch of rewrites. 10 in total. Utilizing my better skills in powerscaling and what not to improve the pages for the respective rewrites. And some more advanced stuff such as turning the Dark Falls citizens profile into a civilization page.

The Masked Mutant (Book) rewrite

The Swamp Monster (Book) rewrite

The Lord High Executioner (rewrite)

Pumpkin Heads (Book) rewrite

Lawn Gnomes (Books) rewrite

Dark Falls (Book) rewrite

The Grool (Book) rewrite

The Scarecrows (Book) rewrite

King Jellyjam (Books) rewrite

The Evil Camera (Books) rewrite

Edit: An extra addition for this section is a new tier for the characters who scored a 8/10 on strength in The Fright Gallery. 8-A.

Characters who scored a 8/10 should be comparable to King Jellyjam, who can cause magnitude 5 earthquakes, making him this level.

Movies
Just some extra abilities that the Goosebumps monsters in the movies can have. This could also possibly warrant them having a physiology page to make things easier, but that can be discussed in the comments.

1. Liquid Physiology: Are made out of ink.

2. Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2 and 3): Due to being composed entirely out of ink, they wouldn't have any organs that would require any of these substances.

Yes we do see like, two monsters eat (The Abominable Snowman and The Werewolf of Fever Swamp), but this is likely just animal instincts rather then actually needing it, both said monsters are animalistic in intelligence and are way more beast-like then someone like Slappy.

3. Immortality (Type 4) and Self-Resurrection: According to the Goosebumps Monster Survival Guide, monsters always find a way to come back after defeat and hate to lose.

Note: This way sound like a useless statement at first, but there is a subtle indication that this can be an ability that they have. That being Hannah Fairchild stating that they cannot be killed. We can trust Hannah on this because she is not only one of them but is the child of the creator OF the monsters, R.L. Stine. This would at least make it possible, so it is likely best to just put a "possibly" next to the ability.

4. Limited Immersion: Can, if given the chance, be released into the real world.

5. possibly Inorganic Physiology (Type 1): Ink is made from an organic or inorganic pigment that is dissolved in a chemical solvent.

That's about it. Also, while on the topic of the movie profiles, I would like to explore another topic/thing they should have. Limitless Stamina.

Let me explain. Going off their physiology, that being that they are entirely made up of ink. They wouldn't have anything that can make them feel "tired". Along with that, they have never actually show any signs of fatigue during any points of the movie. Being able to continue going on even after crashing into obstacles, coming back from an explosion that reduced them to liquid, showing no signs of fatigue while going on rampages, terrorizing all of Wardenclyffe, New York, etc, you get the point.

TL;DR, they never show signs of tire/fatigue in the movies, even while constantly running around causing chaos and sustaining damage. Plus their physiology is sapient ink, which shouldn't be able to feel fatigue in the first place. Kinda like Alex Mercer's stamina justification.

Others
This rewrite from the last thread never seemed to got anywhere, so I am going to mention this here.

The last CRT died, so just ignore that existed, this is basically the modified version.

Conclusion/TL;DR (Updated)
1. 11 profiles in total get revised, what you currently see in the blogs will replace what is already on the pages. (Mostly concluded)

2. 6 new abilities and possibly limitless stamina get added to the Goosebumps movie monsters (Concluded)

3. A possibly 8-A rating for any character who scored a 8/10 or above on strength in The Fright Gallery. (Concluded)

Last edited:
LordGriffin or Starter Pack.

Ant has told me that he isn't interested in the verse and he already busy as he is.

I disagree with The Lord High Executioner AP
Why would he be weaker with his axe for which he can put his own force into?

He's not saying that he's weaker with his axe, it's strange wording, and I tried suggesting he didn't have it on the profile before he made the CRT but he didn't remove it and I didn't really understand his reasoning.

Fine. Changed it to that.

Originally was against it because afaik the main way axes do damage is through chopping not physical force, then I figured that the physical force of the wielder would affect its chopping ability so....**** it.

Last edited:
Btw for social influence, while I'm not opposed to the resistance itself based on the feats I'm not sure standard wise if we do this since as far as I know we don't give people it due to being ruthless/angry asf (Which I assume his ruthless is related to since you linked Beserked Mode for that) since it's not a resistance listed there and by that logic anyone who has berserk mode should get the resistance, heck wouldn't any character that's dumb enough also resist the power so I'm iffy
As for the Berserk Mode imo it should be detailed a bit more since of Berserk Mode's description is about someone entering the state while he comes of as just constantly angry

Can you summarise what you have changed in your rewrites? It seems unlikely that any staff members will have the time and energy to look through all of the linked pages.

Btw for social influence, while I'm not opposed to the resistance itself based on the feats I'm not sure standard wise if we do this since as far as I know we don't give people it due to being ruthless/angry asf (Which I assume his ruthless is related to since you linked Beserked Mode for that) since it's not a resistance listed there and by that logic anyone who has berserk mode should get the resistance.
I mean, as it directly says on the profile itself, users fall into a state of uncontrollable rage, I'm pretty sure your average social influencer would be able to sweet talk their way around that. Just look at a fantastic example of the ability, The Doomslayer. As for the executioner here, yes ruthlessness can mean being angry as ****, but it also means "the quality of lacking pity or compassion for others", that alone would grant some form of a resistance to some forms of Social Influencing, and this is described as "pure ruthlessness" so it should be far greater then that.

I mean, as it directly says on the profile itself, users fall into a state of uncontrollable rage, I'm pretty sure your average social influencer would be able to sweet talk their way around that. Just look at a fantastic example of the ability, The Doomslayer. As for the executioner here, yes ruthlessness can mean being angry as ****, but it also means "the quality of lacking pity or compassion for others", that alone would grant some form of a resistance to some forms of Social Influencing, and this is described as "pure ruthlessness" so it should be far greater then that.
Doomguy doesn't have resistance tp social influence tho, and as I said it's less a problem with the feats themselves and more a site standard thing

Also in regards to other pages:
Grool:
Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't really have feats of being physically attacked by impressive people yah?
I feel like it could be a hyperbole and the thing is either durable asf, also if it's invulnerable how did not show type 2 immortality?

Lawn Gnomes (Books):
Could you please detail the stealth mastery and social influence?
I'm iffy on Horrland scaling for intelligence since someone like Slappy who as far as I know is not an expert in tech scored higher then them so it's clearly not direct scaling in skills, I suppose you can argue that Lawn Gnomes at least have intelligence feats in the same realm as the Horrorland people that being creating robots but like that's an inferior feat to them so
In general I feel we should remove Slappy's possibly supergenuis rating

Doomguy doesn't have resistance tp social influence tho, and as I said it's less a problem with the feats themselves and more a site standard thing
So what? He is still ignoring social influencing through his rage/ruthlessness, you are missing my point. And as a I said, I am pretty damn sure your average social influencer wouldn't be able to talk their way to such a character.

Also in regards to other pages:
Grool:
Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't really have feats of being physically attacked by impressive people yah?
I feel like it could be a hyperbole and the thing is either durable asf, also if it's invulnerable how did not show type 2 immortality?
The Grool has been specifically said, in an encyclopedia about monsters like it in the story, that it cannot be harmed through physical force or violent means. So its more then likely an ability it has rather then some form of Durability. That is just how it works. Also I've asked in Vs Central on what abilities it would have for that is that is what I got from Ovens since The Grool can't exactly die through physical means.

Lawn Gnomes (Books):
Could you please detail the stealth mastery and social influence?
They manipulated the main characters of the story into believing that they had 6 friends in the store they came from that they needed to save, using that as a cover up for them just wanting to torment them even more with a whole army of them waiting for their arrival.

As for stealth, the simple fact that they can sneak into Mr. McCall's lawn, smash up his garden without bringing any attention to themselves and get away with it afterwards.

I'm iffy on Horrland scaling for intelligence since someone like Slappy who as far as I know is not an expert in tech scored higher then them so it's clearly not direct scaling in skills, I suppose you can argue that Lawn Gnomes at least have intelligence feats in the same realm as the Horrorland people that being creating robots but like that's an inferior feat to them so
In general I feel we should remove Slappy's possibly supergenuis rating
Fine.

Supergenius should be an extremely exclusive rating, yes. It is very hard to qualify for.

Can you summarise what you have changed in your rewrites? It seems unlikely that any staff members will have the time and energy to look through all of the linked pages.
Also...

Adding new abilities through new sources of information such as the Fright Gallery, adding abilities/feats that were missing from the profiles when they are originally made, some slight decompositing, and overall an enhancement in quality.

So what? He is still ignoring social influencing through his rage/ruthlessness. And as a I said, I am pretty damn sure your average social influencer wouldn't be able to talk their way to such a character.
I mean in principle yes I agree but I feel like you'd need to revise Berserk Mode as a whole first before getting the resistance
The Grool has been specifically said, in an encyclopedia about monsters like it in the story, that it cannot be harmed through physical force or violent means. So its more then likely an ability it has rather then some form of Durability. That is just how it works. Also I've asked in Vs Central on what abilities it would have for that is that is what I got from Ovens since The Grool can't exactly die through physical means.
Fair enough ig
They manipulated the main characters of the story into believing that they had 6 friends in the store they came from that they needed to save, using that as a cover up for them just wanting to torment them even more with a whole army of them waiting for their arrival.

As for stealth, the simple fact that they can sneak into Mr. McCall's lawn, smash up his garden without bringing any attention to themselves and get away with it afterwards.
Social Influence is fine then
Also eh I feel like lawn gnomes could get away easily with this due to only needing to pretend to be not alive for most people to not suspect them since you don't assume "oh look there're lawn gnomes in the area so they did it" not to mention that unless they were breaking something that would cause a big sound I doubt the act would without someone looking into that area draw that much attention until after the fact, also when did they do it?
If it was at night that makes it even easier to get away for them

I mean in principle yes I agree but I feel like you'd need to revise Berserk Mode as a whole first before getting the resistance
Why would I need to do that? Using basic logic you can come to the same result I have. That just sounds like pointless tedious work.

Also eh I feel like lawn gnomes could get away easily with this due to only needing to pretend to be not alive for most people to not suspect them since you don't assume "oh look there're lawn gnomes in the area so they did it" not to mention that unless they were breaking something that would cause a big sound I doubt the act would without someone looking into that area draw that much attention until after the fact, also when did they do it?
If it was at night that makes it even easier to get away for them
They also did that with the main character, Joe Burton, who was suspicious of them at the start.

Why would I need to do that? Using basic logic you can come to the same result I have. That just sounds like pointless tedious work.
Because this's not how we treat Berserk Mode stuff right now, you'd cause an inconsistency in pages which will lead to a CRT down the line anyways probably by me or something
So might as well do it now y'know?

They also did that with the main character, Joe Burton, who was suspicious of them at the start.
Scans then?
I'd like to see more context for that

Because this's not how we treat Berserk Mode stuff right now, you'd cause an inconsistency in pages which will lead to a CRT down the line anyways probably by me or something
So might as well do it now y'know?
Scans then?
I'd like to see more context for that

Fine, I'll just remove them.

I don't feel like arguing for hours on end because it is 4 AM on my end and I don't want this thread to devolve into a warzone.

Fine, I'll just remove them.

I don't feel like arguing for hours on end because it is 4 AM on my end and I don't want this thread to devolve into a warzone.
Ah okay
I still have questions/problems with the other pages tho

Pumkin Heads:
So if Gnome Lawns get the stealth mastery removed will they too or they have more solid feats?
Also since when ripping flesh 9-B, they also seem to be able to shapeshift so couldn't they just get claws to cut up the flesh heck do they not have any access to knives that would let them cut the flesh?
Being unaffected by fire should likely also have scans so

Scarecrows:
They seem like really dumb so do they actually use stealth in any meaningful way in battle or do they get it purely from moving silently?
If they don't have a feat of using it I'd honestly put it at best as limited stealth or just note the fact separately
Also is the pain resistance due to them not being effected by getting stabbed or something or do they not feel things in general in regards to touch?
If it's the latter they'd just be immune to almost all forms of pain outside stuff that targets the soul or uses the concept of pain so it should be elaborate imo

King Jellyjam:
Intelligence should be changed like Lawn Gnomes and his standard equipment unless he has it should be none notable
Also not sure if the power applies here or not but him being made from gelatine could be elemental intangibility since well, you try punching jelly
Also for speed, wouldn't Unknown be for travel speed and he'd have a different rating for attack speed since he can spit snails, or is this a power only mentioned in the fright gallery that we never see on screen?

Dark Falls:
A nitpick about the wording for sleep manipulation immunity that being that well it should be (Are unable to rest)
Outside that what is the reason they have stealth mastery
If it's unknown that they're ghost or not shouldn't the Non-Corpeal and powers that are related to it should all be under possibly outside the TP and TK?

Last edited:
Adding new abilities through new sources of information such as the Fright Gallery, adding abilities/feats that were missing from the profiles when they are originally made, some slight decompositing, and overall an enhancement in quality.
You need to elaborate more. What abilities and changed statistics do you wish to add?

Also since when ripping flesh 9-B, they also seem to be able to shapeshift so couldn't they just get claws to cut up the flesh heck do they not have any access to knives that would let them cut the flesh?
They're never seen with claws, or shown the ability to shapeshift their limbs INTO claws unlike their TV Show counterparts, and them using knives would be a pretty big leap in logic since they are aliens.

They seem like really dumb so do they actually use stealth in any meaningful way in battle or do they get it purely from moving silently?
Yes

Also is the pain resistance due to them not being effected by getting stabbed or something or do they not feel things in general in regards to touch?
If it's the latter they'd just be immune to almost all forms of pain outside stuff that targets the soul or uses the concept of pain so it should be elaborate imo
The former.

King Jellyjam:
Intelligence should be changed like Lawn Gnomes and his standard equipment unless he has it should be none notable
Already did

Also for speed, wouldn't Unknown be for travel speed and he'd have a different rating for attack speed since he can spit snails, or is this a power only mentioned in the fright gallery that we never see on screen?
That actually comes from The Knight in Screaming Armor. And we don't know the actual speed of it, hence why the speed is just unknown.

If it's unknown that they're ghost or not shouldn't the Non-Corpeal and powers that are related to it should all be under possibly outside the TP and TK?
Or just have a "Possibly" next to them. That also works.

You need to elaborate more. What abilities and changed statistics do you wish to add?
Upgrade the following to 9-B; The Lawn Gnomes, The Scarecrows, King Jellyjam, the Pumpkin Heads, The Lord High Executioner, The Swamp Monster, possibly The Evil Camera, and Dark Falls.

Turn the current Dark Falls profile into a civilization page, give them Regeneration (Mid), ghost abilities (Non-Corporeal, Self-Sustenance, etc), Teleportation or Invisibility, 3 other types of Immortality, and an immunity to Sleep Manipulation plus add a key for The Yellow Gas.

Give The Masked Mutant Elasticity, Power Mimicry, Type 1 Immortality, Enhanced Senses, Inorganic Physiology. As for through Shapeshifting; Size Manipulation, Natural Weaponry, Intangibility, limited Acid Manipulation and Corrosion Inducement, Self-Sustenance, Vocal Mimicry, Underwater Breathing (Type 1), and with his equipment; Matter Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Transmutation, Minor Biological Manipulation, Limited Invisibility, limited Clairvoyance and possibly Spatial Manipulation.

Give The Swamp Monster Regeneration and Resurrection (At least Low-Mid), Immortality (Types 3 and 4), likely Large Size (Type 0), Adaptation (Ability suggested by Tllmbrg), and Fragrance Manipulation.

Give The Pumpkin Heads Size Manipulation, Body Control, Fire Manipulation, Immortality (Type 2 and 3), Pseudo-Regeneration (Mid), Vocal Mimicry, etc. A lot of the stuff that is present in their TV Show profile since they are pretty similar.

Give TLHE (The Lord High Executioner) Martial Arts, Immortality (Type 1 and 2), Teleportation, Transmutation and Petrification, Magic, Telekinesis, Social Influencing, Enslavement, possibly Acausality (Type 4) and Resistance to Pain)

King Jellyjam; Radiation Manipulation and resistance to it. Gradual Size Manipulation, Statistics Amplification and Power Modification, Self-Resurrection and Immortality (Type 4), and all types of Self-Sustenance.

Give The Grool Aura, Empowerment in place of Statistics Amplification, Type 2 Immortality and Invulnerability, BFR and all types of Self-Sustenance.

The Evil Camera: Madness Manipulation (Type 3) and Fear Manipulation, Existence Erasure, Absorption, and Empowerment.

Give The Lawn Gnomes Enhanced Senses, Genius Intelligence, Immortality (Type 4), Self-Sustenance (all types), Inorganic Physiology, and Preparation.

Don't complain if this is too long.

They're never seen with claws, or shown the ability to shapeshift their limbs INTO claws unlike their TV Show counterparts, and them using knives would be a pretty big leap in logic since they are aliens.
Um, are they dumb or something?
How is them being aliens makes so using knives is a leap for them?
I see, probably would be good putting in scans then
The former.

Already did

That actually comes from The Knight in Screaming Armor. And we don't know the actual speed of it, hence why the speed is just unknown.
I see
Okay
I see
Or just have a "Possibly" next to them. That also works.
So put a possibly under it all?

Um, are they dumb or something?
How is them being aliens makes so using knives is a leap for them?
There is never any implication that they use any bladed weapons while they were eating, and since they are aliens with shapeshifting it is more likely that they used their own strength. Along with that, the word "knife" actually never appears in the book. Which just makes it even less likely.

So put a possibly under it all?
Only the abilities involving ghosts.

There is never any implication that they use any bladed weapons while they were eating, and since they are aliens with shapeshifting it is more likely that they used their own strength. Along with that, if you search knife in the book with inlibrary, you get nothing. Which just makes it less likely.
I suppose?
I don't fully follow so I'll let someone else argue over this if they want to
Only the abilities involving ghosts.
Fair enough

I suppose?
I don't fully follow so I'll let someone else argue over this if they want to
What else is there to say? The word "knife" or even "blade" aren't even mentioned in the book. Not sure what else can be argued and it just seems like you are just stalling for time.

I literally said I'm not gonna continue argue over this how am I stalling tf? ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back