• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
I'll cut to the chase without any bullshit.

Ancient Leshen should fully scale to Geralt for one for obvious reasons. So At least Low 6-B, likely 6-B, possibly High 6-A.

Immunity should be changed to resistance cuz NLF.

Normal Leshen should be a key to the profile. 8-B like other monsters should be enough.

I think the likely 6-B is unnecessary as At least Low 6-B, possibly High 6-A covers that range.

Ancient Leshen is completely immune to Water and Sleep.

There is no reason you can't add normal Leshen to Ancient's key.

It is tho. Geralt is rated as Likely 6-B. It should be included if we scale to him.

Again, it's NLF. For example, if the water can hurt 4-D, or has ability to sleep 4-D, Ancient Leshen should resist those in order to get immunity. Not just that, you need to bypass 1-A shit too somehow. We only allow immunity for special cases.

We add weaker version of the character to the stronger version's profile. Pokemon and Digimon do that. Even we do that like Great Jaggi, Baggi, Maccao or Iodrome, Giadrome, etc.

It's still pointless, why does he even have likely 6-B if he already has probably High 6-A, the difference between likely and probably is semantics anyway

I have seen admins add immunity tons of times for supposedly "trivial" elements, 1-A's will never be matched with Tier 6's anyway so that is irrelevant

Like I said there is nothing wrong with adding base leshen as a key

I'm not arguing about the scaling to Geralt, I'm arguing about why Geralt even has the middle value if he's already stated to be between Low 9-B and High 9-A. It's redundant because it's a value already covered by the given range.

No, if you are At least Low 6-B, possibly High 6-A, that doesn't mean that it also covers High 6-B and 6-B. It only covers Low 6-B and High 6-A. 6-B is the middle ground for the high tiers.

You mean "soul" or "mind"? Because it's special case of either doesn't have soul or mind. "Earthly diseases and poisons" because people with Low-Mid or any other unnatural physiology has technically have it, you can add it but it's just redundant. Water and Sleep aren't those.

No I've seen elemental resistances added because worrying about 4-D and up characters isn't relevant for this tier range. Why would you pit a three dimensonal monster against a fourth or higher dimensional being, they are no where near the same levels of power or tier, so having them fight would be a purposeful stomp thread which is against the rules. A monster having fire immunity because it produces fire makes sense, and you don't have to worry about scaling to 4th dimensional or higher fire because thwey wouldn't be matched anyway. Same goes for a monster that takes no damage from Water and cannot be put to sleep. I'm fine with the 6-B tier being added as he would scale to Geralt (even if I think it's redundant) and I haven't had any qualms since the beginning with adding base leshen.

You know what, I give up. Okay then, I guess.

Also yeah, it's off topic but how did you get big icons for monsters that we use for verse page, I'm trying to get it.

For example, I noticed that you just added Duramboros to the main page, so I looked him up on the wiki, went to his photo gallery and looked for a larger image. Luckily I found one. Usually the largest tend to come from the 10th Anniversary and World games.

Things aren't supposed to be listed as immunities (besides soul immunity via just not having that one, but even them you get dudes like Enrico Pucci to cause issues), and there's a lot of characters that have higher dimensional powers in lower tiers.

Can you link a character that has 4th Dimensional Sleep or Water manipulation in Tier 6, 7 or 8, because I have no problem changing the immunities to resistances if that's the case.

Masadaverse has some 1-A powers in tier 7, and I'm pretty sure one dude had sleep.

Either way that's not even what's important. It's keeping it consistent with other files. Saying someone is outright immune to something is an NLF. They can be immune wirhin the context if their own verse just fine, but that doesn't mean that none of that can ever affect them.

Just a note that the wildly different sizes in the image galleries make the Monster Hunter page look like a mess.

I would appreciate if somebody could adjust them all to roughly the same size.

It looks better, but there is still a massive difference in image size between different sections of the page.

Some monsters have smaller icons than others because not all of them have high def remastered art from newer games

Yes, and that is fine, but the largest icons should be lessened in size, so it turns more even.

The sizes can be adjusted in the gallery options.

Thank you. The borders should all have the same colour though, preferably black.

Thank you. Then it should probably be fine.

I think saying he resists some things to a greater degree than others is fine.

Back