• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An oversized beetle vs a saltwater crocodile

The Giant Beetle from The Twins vs a saltwater crocodile

Both are 9-B

Battle takes place in an open field by a lake

Win via death

Votes:

Giant Beetle: 1
Beetle.jpeg

Saltwater Crocodile: 1
R2da7208c34087f4ea1902e07720666b2

Inconclusive: 0
OIP.nUQOijdDqhGgS7G37dwo_QHaHa

Last edited:
Alligator should win here, even if most IRL animals are going 10-A to 9-C. If anything but an LS advantage funnily enough. As the Saltwater Crocodile prefers to grapple, which means the beetle could be AP'd to death or straight up drowned

The beetle should have its strength estimated. Hercules Beetles are very strong for their size. We should estimate the weight and strength of the beetle by comparing a regular male Western Hercules beetle to it. Anyone willing to do a calculation?

I'm... Unsure if the Croc can even really grasp anything with it's bite. The limbs, maybe, but taking off limbs off the beetle shouldn't do much damage, insects like beetles can survive for looong periods of time without their limbs.

The beetle should have its strength estimated. Hercules Beetles are very strong for their size. We should estimate the weight and strength of the beetle by comparing a regular male Western Hercules beetle to it. Anyone willing to do a calculation?
Hmmm... let's make something in the Calc Group Discussion for that, could be interesting to calculate for them

I'm... Unsure if the Croc can even really grasp anything with it's bite. The limbs, maybe, but taking off limbs off the beetle shouldn't do much damage, insects like beetles can survive for looong periods of time without their limbs.
The horn on the beetle silly, use that to death roll!

Edit: also it kind of needs limbs to fight

Supposedly, Hercules beetles can lift up to 850 times their weight. Any idea how to figure out its weight to calculate the lifting strength? It should at least be heavier than the average human given how large it is.

The horn on the beetle silly, use that to death roll!

Edit: also it kind of needs limbs to fight
That would be funny, spinning the beetle all around.

I mean, yeah, I jsut have difficulty picturing the fight on my head. Except for the limbs and horn, the croc can't really get a clean bite, but without limbs, the beetle can't spin on the x-axis and fight back. I think the croc should win but with a really silly victory.

After taking some time to consider, the beetle should actually have way better lifting strength. Even without figuring out its exact weight, it should clearly be at least more than an average human. We don't know the player's gender, but even an average woman should weigh about 160 pounds. If the Hercules beetle can lift 850 times its weight, that would be a bare minimum estimate of 136000 pounds. That would be class 100. The beetle would be faster if they are on land. Those are two solid advantages over the crocodile. On the other hand, the beetle has spent its entire life in the catacombs eating intruders, so it has never had to deal with a creature that can actually fight back, which gives the croc the experience advantage. The beetle also seems to be a bit of a glass cannon, as while it is easily the strongest character in the game, it can be instantly killed with a dynamite explosion, while the much weaker player can survive several of those before finally getting a game over. The croc should still be able to easily bite off the beetle's legs as stated. So, the beetle has the pulling and tearing advantage and is faster, but the crocodile has the experience and should still be able to remove the beetle's legs with ease. I don't know. How much does LS factor into this?

Back