• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Issue With Type 7 Immortality

My issue is its existence. Type 7 Immortality is kinda like the old Type 4 "Godly" Immortality, it's less a type of immortality and more a state of being/physiology, as well as often being a compilation of other immortalities. And just as in some media, being a god doesn't grant one immortality (MCU Asgardians for example only have longevity), neither does undeath by itself. For instance many Romero-esque zombies (the classic shambling, rotting corpse) have a shorter natural "lifespan" as a zombie than they did as a human. Plucking one out from the crowd, Max Brooks' World War Z ghouls generally persist for around 5 years before the bacteria that aren't driven away by the Solanum virus consume the brain until it is rendered inoperative. They can withstand normally-lethal injury without issue, sure, but that's already covered by Type 2 Immortality. So, when it does confer immortality, it most often is just bestowing other immortalities listed on the Immortality page. It's basically just a flavor option, and an explanation for why the character in question is immortal, as opposed to the other types explaining how the character is immortal.

Yeah I’ve always had questions about zombies having type 7 anyway. If undead creatures are supposedly unable to be killed due to already being dead, shouldn’t that mean you would have to destroy the creature’s body almost entirely to keep it from fighting anymore, not just shoot it in the head a few times?

Yeah I’ve always had questions about zombies having type 7 anyway. If undead creatures are supposedly unable to be killed due to already being dead, shouldn’t that mean you would have to destroy the creature’s body almost entirely to keep it from fighting anymore, not just shoot it in the head a few times?
That's usually just a weakness of some zombies in fiction, but it does not apply to all undead beings

Agreed, but I always thought it would have been a problem to remove it entirely, although a bot can possibly spot and handle those cases, like they did when corruption type 1 got erased.

Immort 7 just points out to the character being an undead and there's a reason if the description itself says "often overlaps with other types of immortality".
Type 7 alone doesn't really mean anything specific.

Yeah that’s fair, I suppose. Though I’m not entirely sure what part of that makes it a form of immortality if it means little on its own, but I could be just missing a detail.

Last edited:
I have rarely seen zombies that are more resilient to kill, most tend to be more fragile than humans, and the ones that aren't still die to shots to the brain.

Undead that are harder to kill are just glorified type 2

Ghosts just have type 2, self sustenance and incorporeality.

I have rarely seen zombies that are more resilient to kill, most tend to be more fragile than humans, and the ones that aren't still die to shots to the brain.

Undead that are harder to kill are just glorified type 2

Ghosts just have type 2, self sustenance and incorporeality.
And often Type 1. But the fact remains that undeath is a cause of immortality types, as opposed to being one on its own

Tbf I guess we could turn type 7 into Undead Physiology, but overall it still grants a form of immortality.

You can't die from just, well, dying and need physical destruction if you're a zombie, or spiritual one if you're like a ghost.

Tbf I guess we could turn type 7 into Undead Physiology, but overall it still grants a form of immortality.

You can't die from just, well, dying and need physical destruction if you're a zombie, or spiritual one if you're like a ghost.
Too many different variations of undeath to make a comprehensive undead physiology page. For example, Edo Tensei zombies from Naruto are way different from Skyrim's Draugr.

The first is covered by Type 2, and returning as an undead after death could be considered limited Type 4. The second is covered by Incorporeality.

And as I said, the other types are more an explanation of how a character is immortal, whereas Type 7 is more of a why

Feels like the same issue as type 10 had, is not a hard rule in fiction that zombies are hard to kill, most fall down easily due to rotted bodies and others mutate and get stronger, and some can survive in half or without heads.

Back