• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An explosion the size of Jupiter is only Multi Continent Level?

Hi, I want to make a query on a formula used here to obtain some results, estimates of explosions are based on the results of Nuclear Weapon Effects Calculator of StarDestroyer, using the formula Y=((x/0.28)^3)/1000, where Y is the Yield in megatons and X the radius of the explosion in km.

Well, I was testing this formula and the results obtained gave me serious doubts. First it probe an explosion of considerable diameter, an explosion of the size of Jupiter, whose radius would be 69,911 kilometers, the result was 15 exatons ie Multi Continent Level in the scale of this community ┬┐this is correct or I have been wrong to misinterpret any part of the formula? That's only half of the Moon Level for an explosion much larger than our Moon, I felt that something was wrong with that formula if I was right so I did an even bigger calculation, a sun-sized explosion. Sun has a radius of 695,700 km and the result was 15 zettatons, ie Small Planet Level I found both results a bit crazy for explosions of such magnitude.

How is it possible that for an explosion more than 100 times the size of the Earth results in a much lower result to the GBE of our planet? Anywhere you think something is not right, is there any logical explanation for these results? Am I misusing the formula? Or is it just that the explosions arent as powerful as I expected?

In case I am using the formula well you would not understand those results, I mean, I don't expect an explosion of the size of the Sun to be necessarily Star Level but come on, Small Planet Level I shouldn't be the only one who is skeptical about a result as such. Please give me any explanation for this because I can not find any meaning.

You can ask some calc group members to comment here if you wish. Possibly Gwynbleiddd as well.

The equation that you got there isEarth. usable in Earth's atmospheric and gravity conditions, so an explosion of that size isn't possible to happen in Earth. That is only one part, 15 exatons is only able to fragment 7.845*10^21 m^3 of granite, around 7.15 times Earth size; however, that is without counting disrupting the gravity field, when you would need more energy to do so (in that case you use GBE).

Thanks for the suggestion, even though I thought Gwynbleiddd had already retired from the community, is there any other member to go?

You can ask to any other member in their walls if you wish so, but there is no guarantee of a solid response.

We use a different formula for planetary explosions, I believe. The nuke calculator is only used for feats that are up to around multi-continent level.

I understand, that formula should be kinetic energy, right? But if an explosion does not destroy an object as a planet or star and can not calculate mass and velocity to get the value in kinetic energy, if the explosion only happens and is of a planetary diameter as would be calculated to calculate such a feat?

It also raises the question of whether, when looking for the values of explosions of the diameter of a planet or star in the Nuke Calculator and offers those results so unconvincing then

What ensures that results thrown for Multi Continent Level feats don't have the same margin of error?

I mean, if for an explosion the size of Jupiter offers a lower value to Moon Level, the smaller bursts obtained by that calculator will also offer lower results of the logical, of there it leaves this thread if the results of great explosions are bad, the results of smaller explosions should be wrong too? Since they are not separate values and are in ascending scale

Back