• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An amazing new scientific breakthrough

well then when a teleporter?

in all seriousness this changes my expectations about science.

Also in what year do you think humanity is destroyed for trying to create something that results in a tier 5/4 weapon or A matrix Event?
what if the tech destroy humanity and civilization, and then, the new humans actually are like humans from stone age, and then, the cicle of timeline of humanity repeats again, and the same thing will happen forever until the sun destroys earth in few billions years due his supernova?

what if the tech destroy humanity and civilization, and then, the new humans actually are like humans from stone age, and then, the cicle of timeline of humanity repeats again, and the same thing will happen forever until the sun destroys earth in few billions years due his supernova?
I mean we all know H.P lovecraft was right about the hiding in the dark

Law of Eternal Recurrence--Eigo Kaiki.

Anyway somewhat back on topic I think we are on a track that has infinite potential which is exciting and hope inspiring but we are going to have quantum hax be a larger thing once it is put more into action.

I'm not exactly knowledgeable when it comes to science, but the possibility of these "time crystals" being able to help us figure out fast space travel has got me very intrigued. Either way, it's cool that Google might've potentially discovered something big. Not sure if "Rosetta Stone" big would be appropriate for this news story, but certainly a major discovery nonetheless.

I can only imagine the possibilities with fictional characters who have the ability to use these

Let's make an effort to avoid politics please. I have personally almost stopped reading the news as information overload about how the world really works is just too stressful and depressing.

I just thought that this seemed like an amazing breakthrough.

Let's make an effort to avoid politics please. I have personally almost stopped reading the news as information overload about how the world really works is just too stressful and depressing.

I just thought that this seemed like an amazing breakthrough.
That's fair.

It was pretty interesting to read through the article and the takes on it from those actually in the field give excited takes on it.
Barring the simplistic breakdown at the start of the Quantum Magazine article, I won't pretend I understand any of it. It'll be interesting to watch as the applications of this trickle down to a level of usage in every day life.

Change without entropy... it doesn't even sound possible.
It would violate everything we understand about the universe.
More importantly, it would have infinite potential.

Most of the world's problems could be solved, and even the thought that it might be possible in my lifetime is something which lights a flicker of hope in my heart.
It also scares me somewhat. The Singularity draws closer and closer each day.

The only way for us to see the fruits of our scientific and technological achievements and arrive in the future is if we reach longevity escape velocity through radical life extension

so what application would this bring, can it help cure aging and make us immortal?

yes, aging is a disease and must be cured, this mindset must be fostered

Basically, if I understood correctly, it's just a system that allows the prediction of complex quantum states before they occur, that's the notion of time. Nothing magical, it's a bit like the weather, but at the quantum level: we know the original state, and we predict the final state without doing the infinite number of intermediate operations necessary for the real simulation of the system.

The only way for us to see the fruits of our scientific and technological achievements and arrive in the future is if we reach longevity escape velocity through radical life extension

so what application would this bring, can it help cure aging and make us immortal?

yes, aging is a disease and must be cured, this mindset must be fostered
Well as you know, ageing just weakens the organs and the body, making it more and more susceptible to failure. If we could use this thingymabob to be able to indefinitely grow organs or something we could indefinitely extend people's natural lifespan.

If such a thing is ever possible, I would want it to be accessible for everyone, not just some giga-rich people.

I mean Black Holes do. though there are theories on ways to amend it.

black hole information paradox is fairly interesting read.

Oh yes. There also tons of theories of what certain things/events behind an event horizon. Like thermodynamic time running backwards. Destroy your past, but offer infinite futures. Some old theories state that negative energy is a thing in black holes.

Gravitational waves have the interesting memory effect were it causes permanent changes to space-time, not a law breaker like black holes but still very cool. I want to see somebody more verse in physics make a list of the potential powers that can be offer by controlling spacetime singularities.

Need a list of potential powers a character who "controls everything about space" would have

Because space Manipulation is a cool power

Back