• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alvin Murphy vs The Player (Death Road to Canada)

Yeah, that sounds like an actual event scenario that could happen in DRtC, especially considering this guy exists.
Alright, I'm convinced Murphy wins more frequently.

I'll put both of us on the board. Is that alright with you, Shion?

I will say that surviving a fragmentation grenade is something totally feasible for a real dude if they're lucky so the AP gap is probably a lot more even then it seems in the OP

The funnier response as an extension to this is that the player just challenges them to a flex off and then turns them to powder immediately (This event can be done by anyone above the cap in strength and if not in AP, they definitely take the cake in Lifting Strength) but that's not on the page and it's implied that requires open consent from the opposing party, so more serious response

Considering the battlefield, kiting the hordes of zombies and getting cover against Murphy's gunfire would be a lot easier than getting an open shot (especially since I question why they'd scale to another unrelated character who's whole deal seems to be their extreme level of skill), and them trying to get into close quarters is going to have them easily overwhelmed by just shoving them back with LS and probably blasting them with the Uzi, ideally in the limbs or eyes where they'd be significantly inhibited from fighting as a result (Though from the looks of things they probably won't overtly engage until their Hybrids dwindle in number past what's sustainable)

Since they are in the Y'all mart they probably won't necessarily need to use a lot of that ammo on the hybrids prior, as opposed to just throwing shopping carts and crates from the storage rooms hard enough to definitely deal a ton of damage and saving deploying the Red Robot for the actual encounter with Murphy proper

I will say that surviving a fragmentation grenade is something totally feasible for a real dude if they're lucky so the AP gap is probably a lot more even then it seems in the OP
Doc was not injured. Just kinda burned.
The funnier response as an extension to this is that the player just challenges them to a flex off and then turns them to powder immediately (This event can be done by anyone above the cap in strength and if not in AP, they definitely take the cake in Lifting Strength) but that's not on the page and it's implied that requires open consent from the opposing party, so more serious response
Funni
Considering the battlefield, kiting the hordes of zombies and getting cover against Murphy's gunfire would be a lot easier than getting an open shot
Not sure if they can kite these kinds of zombies.

Superhuman reaction speed (Murphy was able to take on and kill multiple Blasters, who could move fast enough to catch speeding vehicles and kill most regular people before they could even react)

(especially since I question why they'd scale to another unrelated character who's whole deal seems to be their extreme level of skill)
Murphy fights them daily so he downscales.
and them trying to get into close quarters is going to have them easily overwhelmed by just shoving them back with LS and probably blasting them with the Uzi
Getting in close range means Murphy can win with a single bite and even a good punch seeing the AP difference. I doubt the LS will mean auto save as Murphy can use the hybrids to overwhelm him
Since they are in the Y'all mart they probably won't necessarily need to use a lot of that ammo on the hybrids prior, as opposed to just throwing shopping carts and crates from the storage rooms hard enough to definitely deal a ton of damage and saving deploying the Red Robot for the actual encounter with Murphy proper
What about Social Influencing and Stamina

Doc was not injured. Just kinda burned.
Fragmentation grenades don't really transfer most of their energy this way, since... well, as the name goes, it's based on ripping something up with shrapnel, unlike a concussive grenade where it's primarily the blast. I'll also note that judging by the clip, the explosion started by quite the distance away, so even with it being in an elevator shaft that's going to reduce the amount of energy they'd actually need to withstand to a noticeable degree
Superhuman reaction speed (Murphy was able to take on and kill multiple Blasters, who could move fast enough to catch speeding vehicles and kill most regular people before they could even react)
This specifies reaction speed rather than outright movement, so it wouldn't help significantly in terms of swarming them, and even then, terrain is the primary deal with the argument. Y'all Mart is lined with isles that limit movement by quite a bit, as well as shopping carts that the Canada-goer can toss to rip through their numbers pretty quickly
Murphy fights them daily so he downscales.
"Fights" can mean a lot of things. Do they intercept their projectiles with their own gunshots? Keep up with them in pure CQC? They have a lot of abilities and raw strength that would make them even without really needing to be as good in martial arts and such, so this requires a bit of context to have grounds in scaling
Getting in close range means Murphy can win with a single bite and even a good punch seeing the AP difference. I doubt the LS will mean auto save as Murphy can use the hybrids to overwhelm him
They're definitely experienced against this tactic, both with swarms and especially individual zombies trying to bite them, so it's going to be a bit hard to land (And, as I mentioned, inverse square law on top of the IRL examples I mentioned makes the AP part not really decisive, though I probably should actually figure out how to calculate it and get a solid number there)
What about Social Influencing and Stamina
Social Influencing just isn't really going to matter because the OP picked Irritating as the perk, where they very frequently snap back at people who say completely reasonable things (on top of Murphy directly trying to kill them in this specific case, making this scenario even less negotiable)

This probably isn't going to be drawn out for Stamina to matter significantly, especially since Alvin doesn't have much of a counter to his limbs being loaded with Uzi rounds or otherwise crippled, assuming the player can't just get a solid shot on their head with a blade and decapitate them

Maybe. This was more focused on the Player since I've been playing a bit of DRtC recently, but Murphy is also rather interesting. If you know of any other characters near but not at the absolute low end of Wall level AP, they would be good contenders for either of these two.

It's been a few days so I'm just going to vote the guy with the can-do attitude outright, though it's definitely close

He knows the terrain better and can use it to his advantage to negate the Hybrid swarm and take cover against Murphy along with the red robot running distraction, if not outright engaging Murphy in a more even bout since it can't be infected by disease as a robot, leaving the guy vulnerable to just being loaded with Uzi rounds until he stops moving

I'll probably make a calc later today or tomorrow on if the AP gap is as distinct as it's presented here, but on the note of skill I'm definitely emphasizing my doubt on Murphy outclassing them there. There's no details on what exactly their fights with 10K entail, and it's not like trick shots or ricocheting bullets off walls mid combat (with automatic weapons, no less) is outside of the Canadagoer's abilities anyways

I'll probably make a calc later today or tomorrow on if the AP gap is as distinct as it's presented here, but on the note of skill I'm definitely emphasizing my doubt on Murphy outclassing them there. There's no details on what exactly their fights with 10K entail, and it's not like trick shots or ricocheting bullets off walls mid combat (with automatic weapons, no less) is outside of the Canadagoer's abilities anyways
They get into standoffs/gun wars or whatever you may call it and Murphy is more experienced with guns actually though 10k is stupidly skilled so he does outclass.
He knows the terrain better and can use it to his advantage to negate the Hybrid swarm and take cover against Murphy along with the red robot running distraction, if not outright engaging Murphy in a more even bout since it can't be infected by disease as a robot, leaving the guy vulnerable to just being loaded with Uzi rounds until he stops moving
Thats fair I cannot really say much. Very close indeed

They get into standoffs/gun wars or whatever you may call it and Murphy is more experienced with guns actually though 10k is stupidly skilled so he does outclass.
Just link (or make, if you really have to) a video of them actually fighting, that's only slightly more specific

"Experience" also doesn't strictly translate to being hyperskilled, the stuff on his page for weapon mastery for instance just has him using a gun to shoot someone in front off him, which doesn't really cut it when we're talking about higher end stuff on the wiki, even if they've done that kinda thing for a long while

Just link (or make, if you really have to) a video of them actually fighting, that's only slightly more specific
No one uploads this show since its barely known and I just closed my netflix account lol. Lets just say they are equal so we can be in an equal ground and I still think he wins with AP, Dura, Speed (I think), SI, Intelligence and numbers

Welp. This thread was just murdered in cold blood.

If any of you have any suggestions for low Wall and Street+ AP characters to act as new opponents for these two, I would appreciate it.

Until then, I'll just cook up The Player vs human Denji or something.

Damn, I was working in a character which will be 1 MJ, I was going to pit him against Alvin
****, that would have been really cool. I think I am not gonna use Murphy anymore. This incident kinda took the whole fun out of the profile

Actually, I just noticed that young Mikey from Tokyo Revengers also has Street+ AP, and he's a rather popular character if I recall correctly. Maybe have them face each other.

You did not just spend that time to downgrade the verse holy shit 💀
It really wasn't that much time I put everything together in like 20 minutes
Are you gonna make a CRT for that? Downgrade it correctly atleast.
I think in some cases one can just replace the value of a feat that's already been calculated, but one might want to make a CRT based on whatever other feats can be pooled together (since I doubt this is the single legitimately 9-B feat in the entire verse)

It really wasn't that much time I put everything together in like 20 minutes
Good job.
I think in some cases one can just replace the value of a feat that's already been calculated, but one might want to make a CRT based on whatever other feats can be pooled together (since I doubt this is the single legitimately 9-B feat in the entire verse)
I cannot rewatch 5 seasons of shitty zombie tv again and after this I dont really care about the profile anyway so I will just update it.

I cannot rewatch 5 seasons of shitty zombie tv again and after this I dont really care about the profile anyway so I will just update it.
Is there nothing you can just remember happening off the top of your head?

Back