• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that might be an idea. You can suggest it in the staff forum.

I know Sera made a thread about the Discussion Rules in which AssaltWaffle was going to make a blog, but I don't think that thread went anywhere.

If you are talking about Assaltwaffle's intended revision of the rules, that was an entirely different kind of change though.

Anyway, as I alluded to, this is not a bad idea, if somebody in the staff is willing to spend time on organising the page.

I've put the rules into subheadings here, and also rearranged the placement of some of the rules to make it a bit more grouped together (Manga/Anime rules at the top, then Comic rules, Video Game rules, etc.).

Any thoughts?

Thank you very much for helping out.

Not sure this is the best place to do it, but can I request for the closing of a CRT? It's going literally nowhere, the issue has been argued and rejected before and there's nothing truly new being brought up.

Nah,/pardon Ant. Is the thread being investigated for possible sock puppets. I would still prefer it closed since it's going nowhere, but I can see it was brought up already.

Also, hope you get some rest soon.

Thank you. Do you mean the one linked in the rule-violation thread?

I'm also too tired to look into it in detail as I just got back from a long day at RL work. But I did see the request to close it and the RVR posts, so I closed the thread at least for the time being. If another Admin has time to look at it further, they can.

LsirLancelotDuLaci asked for my thread to be closed because he was losing the debate in there yet there is still an ongoing discussion and I would like the thread to be reopenend rather than closed for no reason.

The thread was apparently swarmed by single-issue pushing new temporary accounts, which turned it unmanageable.

There was only 1 message around every thirty minutes and less than 20 people on the thread as whole, it was by no means unmanageable and I would appreciate if we could reopen this.

No. Sorry. It will not be reopened until the staff finds the time to weed out the sockpuppet accounts.

As far as I'm aware there are not any sock puppets on that page but the main people making arguments have had their own accounts for awhile now so you'd be hard pressed to prove anyone is a sock puppet.

Quite a lot of the contributors signed up just to immediately or almost immediately comment in the thread in question, so that is not true.

Alright that's fine, I'm going to make a more comprehensive and wider scale upgrade thread tomorrow detailing multiple characters anyway.

I'm sorry but no, a good bit of our knowledgeable members entirely disagreed with it, it was reusing points already used and rejected before with no new additions and just ended up as an endless repetition of "this was debunked so I don't care".

Save baseless accusations for somewhere else. If there's new material in your next thread and not just a repetition of people saying all opposition was debunked, it can proceed normally.

Continued here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3115073

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back