• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Boruto Anime Episode Canon

I think that the post-Baryon mode chapters should be canon. In the 2nd Chunin Exams, which is a filler arc, Konohamaru leaves the leadership of Team 7 and Sarada becomes the new captain of Team 7 since she is promoted to chunin in the chunin exams. In the manga, when Kawaki and Boruto are about to fight, he separates them and says "You can't fight, I am the captain of this team". Similarly, the new 8th Kara member Ōga also appears in the post-Baryon mode chapters.

The scene where Konohamaru leaves Team 7

Considering that Konohamaru is the assistant Hokage on TBV, I think the author wanted such a scene to be made on purpose. This shows that the anime's episodes after 216 are also canon. Instead of adding the events of Konohamaru leaving Team 7 and Sarada being promoted to captain in order not to fall behind in the manga, he added this to the anime. In this way, the story progressed faster in the manga and people had to follow the anime in order not to get too far from the story. An important character such as the 8th Kara Oga was also added to the anime, which was never mentioned in the manga. Victor's fight with Orochimaru was not in the manga, it is only shown in the manga how he was killed by Kashin Koji.

All episodes of the anime are canon:

Agree:
Disagree
Nötr:

sure, no statement has been made since kodachi left that the anime isnt canon, and Ikemoto has not made any mention either of it no longer being canon (despite being of those that original said as such), in fact he created an entire promotional art for the himawari arc.

that being said just like the the boruto movie novel and so on, these should all be secondary in terms of support, any info that contradicts the manga is no bueno.

Yes, as Shadow said, this CRT is about the canon of the episodes after 216. If episode 281 becomes canon, we can use Oga's feats. I haven't watched the episodes with a character named Oga, but if I remember correctly, someone mentioned in the discussion thread that it was a 4-A feat. That's why this CRT is important.

Yes, as Shadow said, this CRT is about the canon of the episodes after 216. If episode 281 becomes canon, we can use Oga's feats. I haven't watched the episodes with a character named Oga, but if I remember correctly, someone mentioned in the discussion thread that it was a 4-A feat. That's why this CRT is important.
there is no 4-A feat because the anime as support debunks the statement

there is no 4-A feat because the anime as support debunks the statement
Damn.. Anyway, maybe in the future, having all episodes of the anime be canon will be useful when proving something else. What happened after episode 216 that we can call important? Kagura died, the 2nd Chunin Exams happened, I don't know anything else.

Damn.. Anyway, maybe in the future, having all episodes of the anime be canon will be useful when proving something else. What happened after episode 216 that we can call important? Kagura died, the 2nd Chunin Exams happened, I don't know anything else.
sure, it expands on characters scaling and abilities that either dont appear in the manga or dont have much screen time
for example pre timeskip himawari having some stuff to scale too instead of being unknown/

but no theres no secret insane scaling chain that would effect the god tiers by this being supplementary canon

sure, it expands on characters scaling and abilities that either dont appear in the manga or dont have much screen time
for example pre timeskip himawari having some stuff to scale too instead of being unknown/

but no theres no secret insane scaling chain that would effect the god tiers by this being supplementary canon
Good. Without Karma can we measure Kawaki's power from Sarada and Cho Cho?

I'm 90% sure there was a discussion at some point about having separate anime & manga canons / profiles. I'm guessing that went nowhere there.

Iirc that was to canonize RTN movie and get the verse to tier 2. Since that seems to have not worked out, I doubt anybody has the time and energy to separate the profiles. Instead having all available materials in a priority order seems to be the way to go. Especially since the authors themselves cross reference these seperate medias pretty often.

that sarada statement is a good catch ngl

as long as there's no contradictions then this is fine.

if this is accepted I can update the profiles with the scaling in future crts

all I'm hearing is a low 6-B sarada pre timeskip. Miss me with all that 4-A nonsense
I mean yeah
If I recall correctly, Kodachi made a twitter post sometime last year where he mentioned or implied that Kishimoto had complete control over the anime since he (Kodachi) left.
Boruto goobers pestered him until he deleted it but I think I took a screenshot before that.

all I'm hearing is a low 6-B sarada pre timeskip. Miss me with all that 4-A nonsense
I mean yeah
If I recall correctly, Kodachi made a twitter post sometime last year where he mentioned or implied that Kishimoto had complete control over the anime since he (Kodachi) left.
Boruto goobers pestered him until he deleted it but I think I took a screenshot before that.
IMG-20230912-WA0357.jpg

Back