• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien X Dimensional Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, whats funny is that there's an anti feat that goes against the Naljians being higher dimensional themselves if you think about it a bit.

Because if you remember the Contimelia, beings that are blatantly confirmed to be from the 5th Dimension in Omniverse, they can only be viewed as 3-Dimensional objects to 3-D beings instead of their true forms. Like Ben viewing them as Mr. Smoothie drinks instead of what they actually look like.

However, In Alien Force when the Naljian Mother appears, this is not the case. Ben, Gwen, and Kevin are all able to view the Naljian Mother as what she really looks like.

So if the Naljians true forms can be legitmately perceived by lower dimensional beings, unlike the Contimelia who cannot and are actual higher dimensional beings, shouldnt this be even more of a knock against the Naljians being 26-D?

Antvasima said:
It could just be cartoon inconsistency.
That is very likely, but the Naljians are still able to naturally travel between the 26 dimensions.

Also, looking at clips from A New Dawn, I found something interesting: the Contemelia say that they need an extra-dimensional field to protect them from an Anihilaarg's release of energy aka. a Big Bang. They call it "impossible to breach or turn off". But Skurd, with Celestialsapien DNA (and a sword), was able to breach the field.

Wouldn't that put Alien X above a 5th-dimensional race and their technology, at minimum?

Catalyst75 said:
Antvasima said:
It could just be cartoon inconsistency.
That is very likely, but the Naljians are still able to naturally travel between the 26 dimensions.
Also, looking at clips from A New Dawn, I found something interesting: the Contemelia say that they need an extra-dimensional field to protect them from an Anihilaarg's release of energy aka. a Big Bang. They call it "impossible to breach or turn off". But Skurd, with Celestialsapien DNA (and a sword), was able to breach the field.

Wouldn't that put Alien X above a 5th-dimensional race and their technology, at minimum?
I made a content revision thread on that and it was rejected as there was insufficient evidence where The Contemelia were truly 5th dimensional beings. They need tech to create a universe.

The use of tech (to create a universe with multiple dimensions and infinite branching timelines) is a disqualifier because...?

I feel it might be more accurate to suggest that being 5th dimensional beings is what allows them to create tech advanced enough to create universes.

I would guess they are just not high 2-A by our standards, but they are 5-D. Higher D beings aren't always treated as these transcedent entities that Surpass lower d beings by infinity so you need evidence that a 5-D actually possesses the scale of power we associate with high 2-A in our tiering system to give them that rating

Andytrenom said:
I would guess they are just not high 2-A by our standards, but they are 5-D. Higher D beings aren't always treated as these transcedent entities that Surpass lower d beings by infinity so you need evidence that a 5-D actually possesses the scale of power we associate with high 2-A in our tiering system to give them that rating
This. Them being 5-D we accept, we just dont accept them with having actual 5-D power as they need tech like the Annihlaarg to even do anything tier 2 period.

Also, im failing to see how my earlier point about the Naljians is just "cartoon inconsistency".

Andytrenom and Kukui are correct about why we don't rate the Contemelia higher. Not all fictions treat higher-dimensional beings as qualitatively superior to lower ones.

@Kukui

Different writers for the show have different standards, and just because one of them came up with higher-dimensional beings being perceived as smoothies at a later point in the series, does not mean that other ones could automatically foresee this.

Antvasima said:
Andytrenom and Kukui are correct about why we don't rate the Contemelia hiher. Not all fictions treat higher-dimensional beings as qualitatively superior to lower ones.
@Kukui

Different writers for the show have different standards, and just because one of them came up with higher-dimensional beings being perceived as smoothies at a later point in the series, does not mean that other ones could automatically foresee this.
That's long-running series in general. Comics are a prime example of this, because they go on for so long that concepts can sometimes be introduced in one series that are never picked up elsewhere, stories are retconned, or new elements are introduced that supersede or replace older ones.

That's what happens when you eventually get new writers on board, or new people in charge who want to take things in a different direction from where things were going in the past. Omniverse was arguably an example of the guys in charge of it looking back at Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, and deciding to hit the retcon button hard on what they didn't like (just look at all the Retcons listed on its TV Trope page ).

It's not simply "cartoon inconsistency"; that is something that can happen in any franchise that goes on long enough (e.g. both DC and Marvel Comics).

So I was looking on Alien X's page, and I noticed something strange.

"Stated by One Fourth of Man of Action that when the alternate versions of Bens across the Multiverse transforms into Alien X, they become THAT Alien X. There are no alternate versions existing in the past, present or future"

If its anything like a Retcon, then wouldnt it just apply to the Nalijians either way?

While I can now see where Ant is coming from, the huge problem with this argument is that the Naljians don't appear in Omniverse like the Contimelia do. They never appear in any part of the Ben 10 franchise again after that episode of Alien Force, so we have no actual way of knowing whether they would be put in the same boat as the Contimelia, beings who are actually higher-dimensional. or not be put in the same boat and have their higher-dimensionality questioned. Had we seen the Nalijians in Omniverse and Ben couldnt perceive their true forms like he couldnt with the Contimelia, then i'd agree with the cartoon just being inconsistent.

I think it looks like a inconsistancy either way. Just because we haven't seen them in omniverse doesn't mean we can assume either way which I guess is why they stay unknown.

Kukui has a good point. Either interpretation is possible.

Trust me man, I feel you. I could peddle a "well it is deathbattle, they get it wrong alot." narrative. But we focus on our own thing, they do theirs. Think this should be closed though since everything has been answered and rebutted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back