• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not really sure how Chap gets past regen or cellular absorption
I dont think the things cellular absorption would work on chap, his insides are literally acid so the thing trying that would be a death-sentence for it. Regen im not sure, but xeno acid can break molecular bonds and has melted metal armor.

Last edited:
Since no location was specified, SBA puts this fight in Central Park, meaning Chap's gonna be fighting a cities worth of Thing's in a couple hours.

Ah I should've specified the location cause a hoard of things vs one alien sounds like a stomp

The battle takes place in an empty room

Last edited:
I see, wouldn't chap's silicon exoskeleton help with that? even if it that dosent work xeno's can merge with diseases and viruses like cellular necrosis into a symbiotic relationship, the thing is far from a virus, but it could still be possible since they somewhat work the same.

Last edited:
Do you have a official source? Cause isn’t that from a wiki? I believe you I’m just curious

But since that’s the case that does make this rather interesting, though the thing’s regen will make this difficult I know the Thing cause use acid so it possibly evolving to absorb the acid blood isn’t completely off the table. Though I’m not sure. How high in 9-B do both scale? That may actually be the deciding factor.

I actually remember the silicon thing from the last Alien vs Thing match, I'm kinda curious about that too.

So, what I think you are referring to with the Thing using acid is when it sprays the dog and it starts to melt and I think that can be easily explained by the Thing's existing abilities. Namely that fluid is probably chock full of active Thing cells and they are breaking down the dog rapidly. As for the scaling, I dunno about Chappy, but the Thing has no calcs, just busting a person sized whole in a wall.

Do you have a official source? Cause isn’t that from a wiki? I believe you I’m just curious

But since that’s the case that does make this rather interesting, though the thing’s regen will make this difficult I know the Thing cause use acid so it possibly evolving to absorb the acid blood isn’t completely off the table. Though I’m not sure. How high in 9-B do both scale? That may actually be the deciding factor.
its from the DVD commentary of the 1979 alien, which sadly isn't free online

"The Chestburster rapidly matures to an adult phase (within a matter of hours), shedding its skin as it grows and replacing its cells with polarized silicon"

Ash also says this about the facehugger, just about the same thing said above.

I actually remember the silicon thing from the last Alien vs Thing match, I'm kinda curious about that too.

So, what I think you are referring to with the Thing using acid is when it sprays the dog and it starts to melt and I think that can be easily explained by the Thing's existing abilities. Namely that fluid is probably chock full of active Thing cells and they are breaking down the dog rapidly. As for the scaling, I dunno about Chappy, but the Thing has no calcs, just busting a person sized whole in a wall.

Big Chap is 12890 kilojoules from scaling to other xenos, could that thing feat be calced?

If you wanna try getting it calced, be my guest. I don't like dealing with the request thread.
its from the DVD commentary of the 1979 alien, which sadly isn't free online

"The Chestburster rapidly matures to an adult phase (within a matter of hours), shedding its skin as it grows and replacing its cells with polarized silicon"
That's actually very interesting. That should absolutely resist assimilation. So this is who can tear apart the other faster and Chap has acid blood. This might be a stomp unless the Thing can kill Chap with as little damage as possible.

Chap's regen isn't all that good, so I'm not sure what your on about.

Now that I think about it, considering the Thing would need to be completely doused in acid to be fully destroyed, The Thing probably wins with a couple of lethal strikes to the head or something.

The acid is pretty potent, a couple drops of it can eat through multiple floors of a ship, also worthy to note that xeno acid is stronger than any acid on earth and can break molecular bonds. Aliens have survived the front of there head being blown apart and much worse so I dont think a couple of strikes to the head would take it down before chap retaliates. Chap also seems to have the AP advantage and far superior lifting strength.

the things regen only works for a host and since there is no suitable host around regen wont be working.

Last edited:
Actually going Big Chap. Should be able to take enough damage that enough of the Thing will be melted away that it really can’t fight anymore, given it had no biomass to regenerate with.

The acid is pretty potent, a couple drops of it can eat through multiple floors of a ship, also worthy to note that xeno acid is stronger than any acid on earth and can break molecular bonds. Aliens have survived the front of there head being blown apart and much worse so I dont think a couple of strikes to the head would take it down before chap retaliates. Chap also seems to have the AP advantage and far superior lifting strength.

the things regen only works for a host and since there is no suitable host around regen wont be working.
  1. Acid Potency: The Thing can drop pieces being melted so Chap really does need to douse it to get the kill.
  2. That clip of the Xeno "surviving" it's head being blown apart looks more like death throes to me. Either way being decapitated should be lethal.
  3. Lifting strength is useless here considering the Thing's biology will allow it to just break down and escape any holds Chap puts him in
  4. The Thing's regen is based on it's cells being independent organisms. Any damage that's not acid damage basically didn't happen as far as the Thing's concerned. Yes the Thing will require additional biomass to replenish any mass lost to acid, but aside from Chap literally gutting itself, I don't see enough acid being spilt to kill off the Thing. This nonsense about hosts sounds like a misconception.

1. Acid Potency: The Thing can drop pieces being melted so Chap really does need to douse it to get the kill.
  2. That clip of the Xeno "surviving" it's head being blown apart looks more like death throes to me. Either way being decapitated should be lethal.
  3. Lifting strength is useless here considering the Thing's biology will allow it to just break down and escape any holds Chap puts him in
  4. The Thing's regen is based on it's cells being independent organisms. Any damage that's not acid damage basically didn't happen as far as the Thing's concerned. Yes the Thing will require additional biomass to replenish any mass lost to acid, but aside from Chap literally gutting itself, I don't see enough acid being spilt to kill off the Thing. This nonsense about hosts sounds like a misconception.
would the thing be able to hold chap long enough to decapitate it though? if a sword wasn't able to decapitate a xeno I dont think the thing be able to do so unless the thing gets a goodgrip on chap, which is somewhat unlikely considering chap's seemingly superior physical strength. The amount of acid coming out from the fight should incap the thing enough for chap to kill it, even if tiny bits fall off I'm pretty sure chap would make quick work of them since they would either by attacking him or trying to attach to an already incapitated thing, things have been incapacitated by gun fire before so it shouldn't take much effort to incap one and then kill it, especially with the help of molecular acid.

also keep in mind that xenos can spit this acid as a projectile, its not just used as blood.

Last edited:
would the thing be able to hold chap long enough to decapitate it though? if a sword wasn't able to decapitate a xeno I dont think the thing be able to do so unless the thing gets a goodgrip on chap, which is somewhat unlikely considering chap's seemingly superior physical strength. The amount of acid coming out from the fight should incap the thing enough for chap to kill it, even if tiny bits fall off I'm pretty sure chap would make quick work of them since they would either by attacking him or trying to attach to an already incapitated thing, things have been incapacitated by gun fire before so it shouldn't take much effort to incap one and then kill it, especially with the help of molecular acid.

also keep in mind that xenos can spit this acid as a projectile, its not just used as blood.
  1. Comparing the Thing's physical strength, which can break through the walls of an artic research base, to what appears to be a medieval swordsman, which would be 9-C btw, doesn't really work.
  2. I'm not sure why you keep insisting Chap is stronger. Both are uncalced and seem to have comparable feats. The Thing repeatedly throws full grown men around like toys.
  3. Chap never displays the ability to spit acid. The clips you provided are from Movies 3 and 4, which are different types of Xenos.
  4. Gunfire literally can't incap the Thing due to it's biology. The scans you provided are out of context and both are followed up with the Thing proving it was playing dead to lure people in closer.
  5. For the last time, Chap would need to gut itself to get enough acid damage on the Thing for an incap.
  6. I also wanna note that the Thing with a human level of mass can build and pilot spaceships and Chap is listed as animalistic to below average at best.
I seriously question the validity of most of these votes. Xenomorph's can be a good counter to the Thing, but it requires the right form and Chap is not it.

1. Comparing the Thing's physical strength, which can break through the walls of an artic research base, to what appears to be a medieval swordsman, which would be 9-C btw, doesn't really work.
fair enough. the sword-tanking feat was taken by the crawler, a much stronger soldier caste xenomorph, so looking at it again I doubt this would scale to a drone like chappy.
2. I'm not sure why you keep insisting Chap is stronger. Both are uncalced and seem to have comparable feats. The Thing repeatedly throws full grown men around like toys.
Understandable. the thing would still have a rather hard time man-handling a 300+ lb xenomorph though.
3. Chap never displays the ability to spit acid. The clips you provided are from Movies 3 and 4, which are different types of Xenos.
Fair
4. Gunfire literally can't incap the Thing due to it's biology. The scans you provided are out of context and both are followed up with the Thing proving it was playing dead to lure people in closer.
Wait really? I really should've proof-readed those scans lol

5. For the last time, Chap would need to gut itself to get enough acid damage on the Thing for an incap.
6. I also wanna note that the Thing with a human level of mass can build and pilot spaceships and Chap is listed as animalistic to below average at best.
I seriously question the validity of most of these votes. Xenomorph's can be a good counter to the Thing, but it requires the right form and Chap is not it.

I dont think the things intelligence would help here much, considering the thing is stuck in an empty room with chappy

I believe I said this before, but a xenomorphs acid is pretty long-lasting so it can dig pretty deep before the thing splits into whatever different form it decides to take. The thing attacking chap is going to be a detriment to the thing, as if the thing cuts into chap acid will be spraying back at it, and considering a xenomorph can go through quite alot, the thing will eventually get weaker and weaker via the acids corrosiveness.

Even if the thing does kill chap, the amount of acid that would've drenched the thing would've likely killed it after the fight

also question, does the thing feel pain? I remember thing-forms screaming in pain(?) when on fire in the original movie

I believe I said this before, but a xenomorphs acid is pretty long-lasting so it can dig pretty deep before the thing splits into whatever different form it decides to take. The thing attacking chap is going to be a detriment to the thing, as if the thing cuts into chap acid will be spraying back at it, and considering a xenomorph can go through quite alot, the thing will eventually get weaker and weaker via the acids corrosiveness.

Even if the thing does kill chap, the amount of acid that would've drenched the thing would've likely killed it after the fight

also question, does the thing feel pain? I remember thing-forms screaming in pain(?) when on fire in the original movie
  1. Long lasting, but not particularly quick iirc. If, let's say, the Thing managed to gut Chap and most of it's body got doused, parts untouched would immediately abandon the whole and seek shelter.
  2. As to why intelligence is important, Chap is an animal hunting, while the Thing is theoretically smarter then humans. The Thing can learn quicker then Chap and fight smarter.
  3. Does the Thing feel pain? Technically Yes, as it copies the biology of what is assimilates, but it's not really important. Only fire, or in this case acid, would get any kind of reaction from the Thing and only so much as to get away from the source as quickly as possible.

Back