• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer vs Venom

First of all, we should put all the feats Venom went through and, which Venom are we using? Eddie, Agent, 2099, Anti?

Soooo, we're taking it as the original Venom, I guess. Both of them are quite comparable in speed, lifting and striking strength but, none of them have the same durability attack potency since it was said that Venom was superior to spiderman and can survive a building and destroy a building while Alex easily whipped out all infected, including hunters, military tanks and helicopters in Town Square with a devastator and became much more powerful even in the start of Prototype 2. He even survived a 5x hiroshima bomb that could have ended hiroshima(No offense) without a trace. So, it's around town level but, he did not consume both supreme hunters and only consumed a bunch of military, Blackwatch soldiers and commanders, hunters, probably hydras and a weakened Elizabeth Greene who should have lost most of his biomass in the Infected mother of nature body thing when you fought her as a boss and all this helps him survive a nuke. He could have even tanked a nuke with his agile armor and he's more durable when he ate both 5 evolveds in the end of the second game.

BUT, this is why we need some feats of both Venom and Alex because Venom may be more powerful in tactics and experience in his own feats against Alex's combined strategies, tactics of thousands of military and Blackwatch soldiers and commanders. So yeah, we need some feats for this.

Wooooooow, seriously? That's it?! Does he, like, endure through a flamethrower and reached to a user and punched him or, able to continue fighting on even with him being hurt by sonic things or what? He's just slimey? If that so then, Alex takes this battle without any biomass dramatically depleted. This fight is bascially like spiderman against Alex in the other debate.

From What I get, Venom needs a host to actually do stuff.

He's weak aa Gains thigh frequency sounds and it can actually be enough to destroy him.

However, Venom is no Ordinary slime.

From what I get he's a symbiotic parasite so I believe that he might be immune to the Mercer Virus... Maybe

Yeah but, I don't know dude/dudette. If the arena has some explosive barrels like from half-life 2, Alex can try and burn it or force the host out of the symbiote and constantly try to destroy it, making Alex the winner in both situations.

And, Alex might even try to consume the symbiote and maybe be able to control it since it was said he has mind resistance against millions of people.

In all honesty I think Alex has this. it should be pretty easy for Alex to trigger Venom's weakness and be able to use it against him with his wits. Not to mention that Alex literally has a thousand or more minds in his head, so mind control won't be too useful against him

So I vote for Alex. Surprise asdtgh, I like Alex Mercer as a character : p

Alrighty then, winner is Alex Mercer. Imma try to eit his victories right now. This is actually quite easy.

lol

By feats Mercer is on Spiderman's level who can lift wagons and destroy building with his punches. Venom is 3-4 times stronger. And I dont think Mercer can infect him because Venom can exist in space without problems.

And how come Venom's strength is superior to Alex Mercer's? Plus, you don't have any evidence of Venom being 3-4 times stronger. Also, Mercer don't need to infect him but consume the symbiote as well. No matter how many times the symbiote tries to break free and mind control Alex, Alex's mind resistance can take care of that problem since he literally have millions of people's minds in his. Along with Alex being more powerful than before, you still sure Venom would win?

That's why he weakens him with sound attacks

It's easy for someone that's a super genius. And neither of them could really kill each other at first. If there's civilians Alex is gonna have an easier time too.

And if you do have scans it's better to show them instead of claiming you have scans

Asdtgh said:
Does Venom survive a 5x hiroshima bomb? Can he one shot tanks and helicopters?
Mercer was on the verge of death being nothing but a pile of goop, he would've died had a random crow not appeared, something that happened by luck. So much for surviving eh?

The fact that he survived it in the first place and wasn't completely vaporized lends credit to his durability.

The Everlasting said:
The fact that he survived it in the first place and wasn't completely vaporized lends credit to his durability.
He was still going to die though if not for that Crow. So no, I don't think it is that impressive especially when you're nothing but a pile of goop, some durability eh?

The Everlasting said:
Didn't he have an ability that once his health reaches a critical level he becomes temporary invulnerable? Iirc at least

And yeah agreeing with DBM here. He almost got away from the nuke on the first place anyway so it's not credible tanking

That is partially true, I realise that he's adrenaline surge only give him a chance of invulnerability, much less than a moment of invulnerability. Meaning, when an attack that should have depleted the rest of his health hits him, he's health will not completely deplete instead, it gives him a percentage of what's left of his biomass health while still being vulnerable after that one chance.

2:47-2:51: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQZjRQUc9cU

9:19-9:23: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn0BcLnX--I

And, even with he were to nearly die if it weren't for that crow, he did take the nuke point blank and it should have incinerate him for the longest time. However, his body is logically durable enough to get him to survive it as a goop. Otherwise, he would have been completely obliterated, leaving no trace of him. However, was he gone completely? No. It's true that it's not credible tanking but, he should be able to tank it with the 5 evolveds' biomass. The reason he should and not 'shouldn't have survived' is because his body was too torn apart, or too opened, to be regenerated and plus, he's in the sea with his biomass leaking out to the water. And, this is not about his durability but his debate with Venom.

Back