• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alakazam vs Itachi(Grace)

i swear if i catch alakazam doing dumb shit in thepokemon show
but yes super intellect play his abilities right and its a stomp unironically no soul resistance actually tragic for itachi

sacrifice is done before the war
yep the zombie ninjas are kabuto reanimation/edo tensei
Ah okay, so it's a finite supply of sacrifices given as part of the revival processes, rather than a constant supply.
What did you mean by "then binding thr soul from the afterlife to the sacrifice more profiency brings out most of thr power"?
More proficiency of the reviver, the revived, or the sacrifices, & what effects does it 'cause? (Ex: Longer revival duration? More powerful zombie?)

Why does Soul Resistance matter?
Not a Stomp, since Itachi has Win Conditions, IIRC. Very hard to achieve, since they in part, rely on Alakazam not fighting optimally (Ex: Not using Magic Coat against Mind Manipulation.), but IIRC, that's still not a stomp by our standards, since unlikely Win Cons are still Achievable Win Cons.

What about the Psychic of Alakazam? I honestly think it's one of the most underrated moves considering how versatile it is. Alazakam and Kadabra have used it many times to control the target completely with their mind, or to defend, reflect, or completely control opponents' attacks or projectiles.
Kinda OP tbh.

Last edited:
Ah okay, so it's a finite supply of sacrifices given as part of the revival processes, rather than a constant supply.
What did you mean by "then binding thr soul from the afterlife to the sacrifice more profiency brings out most of thr power"?
More proficiency of the reviver, the revived, or the sacrifices, & what effects does it 'cause? (Ex: Longer revival duration? More powerful zombie?)

Why does Soul Resistance matter?
Not a Stomp, since Itachi has Win Conditions, IIRC. Very hard to achieve, since they in part, rely on Alakazam not fighting optimally (Ex: Not using Magic Coat against Mind Manipulation.), but IIRC, that's still not a stomp by our standards, since unlikely Win Cons are still Achievable Win Cons.
Edo tensei require only one sacriface and you get a zombie that lasts forever iirc

Kabuto perfected his predesscer technique so the edo tensei/zombies revived are closer to thr original power

Bfr/sealing is the main way to stop them the naruto verse doesnt use soul base attacks mayb god tiers

What alakazam does in character might give itachi a chance but leaning heavily towards him for now

Sharingan's precog is observation-based, it lets th user predict the opponent by observing the movement of their muscles, that wouldnt help against Alakazam's fighting style
We've never had a thread talking about this officially, but from what I know as a Naruto fan, and talking to other Naruto fans on the site. The Muscle tension thing is pure headcanon spread by some unknown source.

The truth is; we don't know exactly how sharingan precog works (Not anything conclusive, anyway), so we give it the low-speculative end of analytical prediction AKA battle precog.

We've never had a thread talking about this officially, but from what I know as a Naruto fan, and talking to other Naruto fans on the site. The Muscle tension thing is pure headcanon spread by some unknown source.

The truth is; we don't know exactly how sharingan precog works (Not anything conclusive, anyway), so we give it the low-speculative end of analytical prediction AKA battle precog.

"The user is granted incredible clarity of perception, enabling them to read lips[22] or mimic something like pencil movements.[23] Sasuke Uchiha's Sharingan was even able to see on a cellular level.[24] In combat, this allows them to see fast-moving objects and, once fully developed, offers some amount of predictive capabilities: they can anticipate an opponent's next move based on the slightest muscle tension in their body and act accordingly to dodge or intercept.[13] They can also read the enemy's hand seals to give them an insight of the performed technique's nature, regardless of the speed of performance, so long as the hands are not physically hidden from view.[25][26] Although a Sharingan user can see these things, they also need the physical ability to actually act on the visual information. In the anime, it is shown that with advanced enough prowess, via eye contact, the user can even enter the target's mind to look through their memories.[27], and even erase them within a long range for several targets.[28]"

Is this not accurat?

Maybe or maybe not, it's complicated.

Someone like two years ago or something even argued sharingan legitimately shows images of the future, using those same scans as evidence.

Point is, we can infer some things from the scenes in question, but we are never flat out told these things. Which is why you have people taking the image of movement statements and showings as more literal, which would make it legit precog.

What about the Psychic of Alakazam? I honestly think it's one of the most underrated moves considering how versatile it is. Alazakam and Kadabra have used it many times to control the target completely with their mind completely, or to defend, reflect, or completely control opponents' attacks or projectiles.
Kinda OP tbh.
When was it used to control someone's Mind?
& while Alakazam does have Psychic powers that could let it defend or reflect....

Psychic (Japanese: サイコキネシス Psychokinesis)

Most recent description: "The target is hit by a strong telekinetic force. This may also lower the target's Sp. Def stat."

Secondary effects (Confusion status inflicting for Confusion (move), & Sp. Def drop, for Psychic (move).) aside, Psychic, the move, is just Confusion (move), but stronger; They're both telekinetic attacks, but one is explicitly a weak telekinetic force, & the latter, explicitly a strong telekinetic force.

Presumably, especially based on the anime, it can telekinetically control someone's body, but that's at best, Body Control. Telekinetically forcing someone to slap themself isn't Mind Manipulation, & things like Sabrina's Kadabra telekinetically manipulating Pikachu's electricity don't help the case for it to be Mind Manipulation either.

So, Alakazam probably does use its mind to use the power, but it doesn't seem to control the target's mind.

Any OTHER instances of Psychic-type Mind Manipulation that may be applicable for Alakazam you could cite, please? No offense meant, & sorry for any bother. Just trying to value thoroughness.

Alakazam does NOT learn Hypnosis, in fact. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hypnosis_(move)
Also, Confusion isn't Mind Manipulation, other than its 10% chanxce to inflict the Confusion status.
So again, most of Alakazam's Psychic-type moves are NOT Mind Manipulation.

What other options does it have to Mind Manip as a win con?
Alakazam's mind manip comes from the fact that it is stated to know all forms of psychic abilities, with mind manipulation coming under one of the most prominent psychic abilities in Pokemon. Its potency is debatable, but it does have Miracle Eye to alleviate resistances.

Alakazam's mind manip comes from the fact that it is stated to know all forms of psychic abilities, with mind manipulation coming under one of the most prominent psychic abilities in Pokemon. Its potency is debatable, but it does have Miracle Eye to alleviate resistances.
Ah, okay. So presumably it can do Hypnosis & such. Anyone know what potency of Mind Manip such techniques would scale to?

I was referring to Alakazam's mind, not to the opponents' minds, sorry (Basically Alakazam controlling the opponent's body and moves with its mind).
However, I do believe that there are cases where the move Psychic has been used to control minds.

I was referring to Alakazam's mind, not to the opponents' minds, sorry (Basically Alakazam controlling the opponent's body and moves with its mind).
However, I do believe that there are cases where the move Psychic has been used to control minds.
You just don't know which at the moment?

Miracle eye only nulls dark type immunities

Sadly no, as it's been quite some time since I've seen the anime, so you can count it what I said as a rave.
But well, my initial point was that, that Psychic can control the body of opponents.

Sadly no, as it's been quite some time since I've seen the anime, so you can count it what I said as a rave.
But well, my initial point was that, that Psychic can control the body of opponents.
Fair, & I agree, but it usually does so forcefully, AFAIK. If anyone sees any evidence of it being used for Psychic powers....

Ah, that's likely because Dark types are the only types that no-sell Psychic moves in-verse.

"Resistance" in Pokemon is just damage reduction. Resistance on this site typically refers to no-selling something at a given level.

I just want to mention that this probably wouldn't happen in the match proper, for a few reasons, but....
(Again, not arguing this isn't how the match could be won, it's just a possible resulting scenario.)

Itachi is terminally ill, & suffers from blurry vision, if my memory serves. Pretty sure he's also vomited blood at least once, right?
One of Alakazam's OTHER abilities/entries (Seriously, the thing is OP.) is:
"It is said to have an IQ of approximately 5,000. Its overflowing psychokinetic powers cause headaches to anyone nearby."
(& headaches by being in proximity is also an ability its pre-evolution has, so presumably, Alakazam's ability is more severe.)

& Alakazam has ANOTHER weird ability:
"If it trusts someone deeply, it will let them have one of its spoons. Anything you eat with that spoon is apparently delicious."

So, with Itachi's terminal illness, blurry vision, & headaches... a scenario comes to my mind where after a long battle, Itachi succumbs to nausea, surrenders, & Alakazam, in an attempt at making peace with its opponent, puts the spoon in Itachi's mouth as he vomits.

Itachi: "....I-It's... ugh... delicious. But please go away. You're... you're giving me a headache."

It's disgusting, implausible, & perhaps a little morbid, but part of me finds it humorous, & a little heart-warming. (That & I wouldn't truly want either of these 2 to kill each other. IIRC, Itachi actually had good intentions, & is a pretty nice guy, deep down.)

My previous post is unrelated to the verdict of the match.
It's just an amusing possible interaction between the two. For a more proper analysis of the match, you should view the posts on the first page of this thread.

Among other reasons that make it unlikely to happen that Alakazam trusts Itachi with its literally flavour-enhancing spoon as he vomits from illness & nausea, is because one or both of them would probably be burning alive from Amaterasu at the time.
However, Amaterasu doesn't damage Alakazam because Magic Guard, & doesn't matter for Itachi because Edo Tensei Itachi has Low Godly Regeneration.
Yes for alive Itachi but not for Edo Tensei Itachi
True. (Though, alive Itachi was previously used in this match.)

Last edited:
Looks like Alakazam can win this one, so Alakazam FRA.

Also, if Alakazam has access to Dynamax it would only make Alakazam a much bigger problem to deal with.
huehuehuehue

I just want to mention that this probably wouldn't happen in the match proper, for a few reasons, but....
(Again, not arguing this isn't how the match could be won, it's just a possible resulting scenario.)

Itachi is terminally ill, & suffers from blurry vision, if my memory serves. Pretty sure he's also vomited blood at least once, right?
One of Alakazam's OTHER abilities/entries (Seriously, the thing is OP.) is:
"It is said to have an IQ of approximately 5,000. Its overflowing psychokinetic powers cause headaches to anyone nearby."
(& headaches by being in proximity is also an ability its pre-evolution has, so presumably, Alakazam's ability is more severe.)

& Alakazam has ANOTHER weird ability:
"If it trusts someone deeply, it will let them have one of its spoons. Anything you eat with that spoon is apparently delicious."

So, with Itachi's terminal illness, blurry vision, & headaches... a scenario comes to my mind where after a long battle, Itachi succumbs to nausea, surrenders, & Alakazam, in an attempt at making peace with its opponent, puts the spoon in Itachi's mouth as he vomits.

Itachi: "....I-It's... ugh... delicious. But please go away. You're... you're giving me a headache."

It's disgusting, implausible, & perhaps a little morbid, but part of me finds it humorous, & a little heart-warming. (That & I wouldn't truly want either of these 2 to kill each other. IIRC, Itachi actually had good intentions, & is a pretty nice guy, deep down.)
me too bro

Back