• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alakazam vs Itachi(Grace)

just to know what would happen if itachi somehow use his sharingan powers on him?
in a hypothetical scenario were his sharingan abilities do land amaterasu would be devastating and totsuka likely one shots

sadly base itachi also known as sick itachi is carried by mindhax during his time alive in the show and doesnt pass the power cliffing point in naruto, this changes when he gets his other forms ofc

yeah but it uses alot of chakra and the side effect of susanoo would put itachi at a major disadvantage every second its out, five summit form sasuke using the Incomplete susanno for abit describe it as every cell hurting.

i dont think he would resort to it cause im pre sure alakazam isnt a close range fighter and he has precog and teleportion

maybe if it was edo itachi could won, but yeah alakazam take this

change my vote to Alakazam FRA

So a summary of what we got is so far
Synchronise reflects amaterasu
Itachis sealing gets dodged
Alakazams mindhax is in the millions while itachis is in 6000s
Itachi can resist the telekinesis
Susanoo might destroy alakazam but its taxing and if its melee or projectile, Alakazam might tp away passively

Why not make this Edo Itachi?

Without Edo, it's a borderline stomp.
Edit:
You're putting an almost blind and terminally ill Itachi against someone who can counter almost all of his moves.

Last edited:
It will teleport far away before anything that will threaten it reaches it, even while asleep. So he would probably teleport away before being looked at. And due to SBA they are both far away and alakazam can precog to see the future but he has to look at itachi to use the information analysis
That Precognition is Mega Alakazam's ability. OP specified no Mega, so that Precognition does not apply here.
(If it were Mega, the specific feat is "a glance at someone gives it the full knowledge of the course of their life, from birth to death". My memory of the wording may not be exactly accurate to it.)
Do you know why ice, fire and electricity manipulation are on alakazam's profile? They aren't moves it learns through level up
Elemental Punches via Egg Moves. (It also gets Charge Beam in Pokemon Go.)
According to Cal, drowzee who alakazam scales above can mindhax millions of pokemon

Someone ask him how he knew it was millions
I would like to know about this, too.

That Precognition is Mega Alakazam's ability. OP specified no Mega, so that Precognition does not apply here.
(If it were Mega, the specific feat is "a glance at someone gives it the full knowledge of the course of their life, from birth to death". My memory of the wording may not be exactly accurate to it.)

Wait, egg moves are part of profiles now? I had no idea

in this case i change my vote to Itachi cause even if he use amaterasu and will be in the same position as Itachi has is immortality regeenration and his ap advantage

Wait, egg moves are part of profiles now? I had no idea
At least in part evidenced by DexNav, Pokemon can have them in the wild.

Anyway, Edo Tensei Itachi has Low-Godly Regeneration.
What Mind Manipulation DOES Alakazam actually have? & don't you dare say Psychic type moves; I've checked their descriptions & most of Alakazam's Psychic type moves are either Telekinesis or Energy Manipulation.
Alakazam FRA
Reasoning likely inapplicable against Edo Tensei Itachi, because Edo Tensei has better Regen for when Synchronize copies the Amaterasu on Alakazam onto Itachi.

At least in part evidenced by DexNav, Pokemon can have them in the wild.

Anyway, Edo Tensei Itachi has Low-Godly Regeneration.
What Mind Manipulation DOES Alakazam actually have? & don't you dare say Psychic type moves; I've checked their descriptions & most of Alakazam's Psychic type moves are either Telekinesis or Energy Manipulation.

Reasoning likely inapplicable against Edo Tensei Itachi, because Edo Tensei has better Regen for when Synchronize copies the Amaterasu on Alakazam onto Itachi.
Hypnosis can be used as sleep manipulation or mind manipulation. Also confusion is something similar to it

Hypnosis can be used as sleep manipulation or mind manipulation. Also confusion is something similar to it
Alakazam does NOT learn Hypnosis, in fact. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hypnosis_(move)
Also, Confusion isn't Mind Manipulation, other than its 10% chanxce to inflict the Confusion status.
Confusion (Japanese: ねんりき Mindpower)
"The target is hit by a weak telekinetic force. This may also confuse the target." (Most recent description, used from XY to SwSh so far.)
So again, most of Alakazam's Psychic-type moves are NOT Mind Manipulation.

What other options does it have to Mind Manip as a win con?

Alakazam does NOT learn Hypnosis, in fact. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hypnosis_(move)
Also, Confusion isn't Mind Manipulation, other than its 10% chanxce to inflict the Confusion status.
Confusion (Japanese: ねんりき Mindpower)
"The target is hit by a weak telekinetic force. This may also confuse the target." (Most recent description, used from XY to SwSh so far.)
So again, most of Alakazam's Psychic-type moves are NOT Mind Manipulation.

What other options does it have to Mind Manip as a win con?
I guess confusion is the closest thing it has to mind control

Ice Manipulation, though he has to get close in range, he can still dodge with precog

I guess confusion is the closest thing it has to mind control

Ice Manipulation, though he has to get close in range, he can still dodge with precog
Sharingan can be used to mimic his movements so maybe after some time he will predict his movements

Sharingan can be used to mimic his movements so maybe after some time he will predict his movements
That's pretty strong

Precog is for almost every psychic type, and kadabra and abra has it

Again Sharingan is borderline useless against Alakazam, it doesnt fight physially as its muscles are literally atrophied

unless alakazam can mindhax, he has no wincon against edo itachi
at best it would be a drawn out loss changing vote to itachi for now

then he can just susanoo and gain ap advantage

also as i said before if Itachi use amaterasu in one of his limbs like arms or legs and he will suffers amatersau too the Itachi could just cut his arms legs in fire or even stop them by his order and then grow back, but no for Alakazam

Technically Alakazam could use Skill Swap to swap its ability with Itachi's regen
well im not sure how they interact but edo tensei isnt itachis skill or more so its sort of a current state he has, he died was revived by a third party using another sacrifice, the low godly regen is a benefit it why its a forbidden technique

edit even to switch a dead itachi to him wouldnt he need like death manipulation?

Alakazam can prevent him from doing that with Encore and would know to do so via Precog
then Itachi Mindhaxes him and still has the ap and dura adv with susanoo
Magic Guard nulls mindhax and moves like Guard Swap and Guard Split would cancel out the dura advantage, with stuff like Calm Mind being able to close the AP gap

well im not sure how they interact but edo tensei isnt itachis skill or more so its sort of a current state he has, he died was revived by a third party using another sacrifice, the low godly regen is a benefit it why its a forbidden technique
Yeah thats what abilities are for pokemon, its sort of like their natural physiology
edit even to switch a dead itachi to him wouldnt he need like death manipulation?
Skill swap works on ghosts and undead pokemon so i dont see why he would

Needs to know to use it. Alakazam might be able to intuit that the danger is the Mind Manip when it auto-teleports from everything but still senses danger, but it still needs to know when to Magic Coat.
Again Sharingan is borderline useless against Alakazam, it doesnt fight physially as its muscles are literally atrophied
I believe that was said in regards to Ice Manipulation, Alakazam's only means of which is Ice Punch.
But yes, Alakazam normally doesn't move its body much. I guess Sharingan could observe how it teleports & levitates?
That's pretty strong
Precog is for almost every psychic type, and kadabra and abra has it
Precognition is for Future Sight, which is an attack in the future. Not very useful Precognition.

In Alakazam's case, it's also for having the abilities of its pre-evolutions, such as:
"Using its ability to read minds, it will identify impending danger and TELEPORT to safety."
"Sleeps 18 hours a day. If it senses danger, it will teleport itself to safety even as it sleeps."
"It senses impending attacks and TELEPORTS away to safety before the actual attacks can strike."
"It sleeps for 18 hours a day. Even when awake, it teleports itself while remaining seated."

also as i said before if Itachi use amaterasu in one of his limbs like arms or legs and he will suffers amatersau too the Itachi could just cut his arms legs in fire or even stop them by his order and then grow back, but no for Alakazam
AP Advantage's utlity is questionable against an auto-teleporting supergenius.

Alakazam uses Psycho Shift. "Here, I don't need this Amaterasu, you can have mine."
Also Magic Guard ability means it doesn't damage Alakazam anyway.

Many Pokemon abilities (Which are what Skill Swap exchanges.) are a product of how the Pokemon is, so I'm also unsure if Edo Tensei's Regeneration can be Skill Swapped or not.
Alakazam can prevent him from doing that with Encore and would know to do so via Precog
Precognition that allows that unlikely with Base Alakazam; See above.
Magic Guard nulls mindhax and moves like Guard Swap and Guard Split would cancel out the dura advantage, with stuff like Calm Mind being able to close the AP gap
Magic Guard prevents damage, not Status Effects.

(Though, reading Itachi's Mind may help it be prepared, especially if Itachi doesn't know Alakazam is constantly reading his mind from the start & he needs to screw with it for Alakazam to not see his Mindhax coming.)

Needs to know to use it. Alakazam might be able to intuit that the danger is the Mind Manip when it auto-teleports from everything but still senses danger, but it still needs to know when to Magic Coat.
Precog
I believe that was said in regards to Ice Manipulation, Alakazam's only means of which is Ice Punch.
But yes, Alakazam normally doesn't move its body much. I guess Sharingan could observe how it teleports & levitates?
Sharingan's precog is observation-based, it lets th user predict the opponent by observing the movement of their muscles, that wouldnt help against Alakazam's fighting style
Many Pokemon abilities (Which are what Skill Swap exchanges.) are a product of how the Pokemon is, so I'm also unsure if Edo Tensei's Regeneration can be Skill Swapped or not.
Regenerator is an ability that can be skill swapped
Magic Guard prevents damage, not Status Effects.
My b i always get the two mixed up

As I said, Base Alakazam's Precognition is only:
1. Future Sight (Seeing its own attack in the future that it sets up per the use of Future Sight.)
2. Abra's danger-sensing & auto-teleporting.
That's the extent of how clearly it knows the future.

It's MEGA Alakazam that knows the 'course of someone's life from birth to death with a glance, & this match uses Base. That's why I told you "See above"; I explained it in the post of mine you just quoted.
Sharingan's precog is observation-based, it lets th user predict the opponent by observing the movement of their muscles, that wouldnt help against Alakazam's fighting style
Fair. I was just saying that although it usually doesn't matter, Ice Punch WOULD require physical movement. I brought up Ice Punch because Garchomp777 implied the use of it in this post.

What's the exact mechanics, in lore, of Edo Tensei?
Is it the zombification technique where the Ninja's body & chakra but not their mind are under the control of the reviver that was used by the villains in The Great Ninja War? specifically, the war that had Naruto have to fight the other Tailed Beasts?

im feeling kinda skeptical towards the way pokemon would fight outside of there turn based counterpart, seems pretty op
but dont see soul resistance for edo itachi so he either dies outright or its human prime itachi which does worst unfortunately
voting alakazam for now

As I said, Base Alakazam's Precognition is only:
1. Future Sight (Seeing its own attack in the future that it sets up per the use of Future Sight.)
2. Abra's danger-sensing & auto-teleporting.
That's the extent of how clearly it knows the future.

It's MEGA Alakazam that knows the 'course of someone's life from birth to death with a glance, & this match uses Base. That's why I told you "See above"; I explained it in the post of mine you just quoted.

Fair. I was just saying that although it usually doesn't matter, Ice Punch WOULD require physical movement. I brought up Ice Punch because Garchomp777 implied the use of it in this post.

What's the exact mechanics, in lore, of Edo Tensei?
Is it the zombification technique where the Ninja's body & chakra but not their mind are under the control of the reviver that was used by the villains in The Great Ninja War? specifically, the war that had Naruto have to fight the other Tailed Beasts?
Taking dna from the person you want to revive, then binding thr soul from the afterlife to the sacrifice more profiency brings out most of thr power they get low godly regen and limitless refill of chakra/energy. they retain thr personality but u can remove it if u want to manually control them

edit: removing the soul would destroy edo itachi yes

im feeling kinda skeptical towards the way pokemon would fight outside of there turn based counterpart, seems pretty op
but dont see soul resistance for edo itachi so he either dies outright or its human prime itachi which does worst unfortunately
voting alakazam for now
Alakazam is actually one of the most likely Pokemon to fight smart. Being smart is part of its shtick.

"Its brain can outperform a supercomputer. Its intelligence quotient is said to be 5,000."
"A POKéMON that can memorize anything. It never forgets what it learns--that’s why this POKéMON is smart."
"A Pokémon that uses psychic power. It is highly intelligent and capable of instantly identifying its foe's weakness."
"Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result, it remembers everything."
"It has an IQ of 5000. It calculates many things in order to gain the edge in every battle."
"ALAKAZAM’s brain continually grows, infinitely multiplying brain cells. This amazing brain gives this POKéMON an astoundingly high IQ of 5,000. It has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world."

Taking dna from the person you want to revive, then binding thr soul from the afterlife to the sacrifice more profiency brings out most of thr power they get low godly regen and limitless refill of chakra/energy. they retain thr personality but u can remove it if u want to manually control them

edit: removing the soul would destroy edo itachi yes
There are sacrifices involved in causing Itachi to be Edo Tensei? Are they done before, during or after?
Is Edo Tensei the same technique as what was used for the Zombie Ninjas that aided the White Zetsus in the war?

Alakazam is actually one of the most likely Pokemon to fight smart. Being smart is part of its shtick.

"Its brain can outperform a supercomputer. Its intelligence quotient is said to be 5,000."
"A POKéMON that can memorize anything. It never forgets what it learns--that’s why this POKéMON is smart."
"A Pokémon that uses psychic power. It is highly intelligent and capable of instantly identifying its foe's weakness."
"Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result, it remembers everything."
"It has an IQ of 5000. It calculates many things in order to gain the edge in every battle."
"ALAKAZAM’s brain continually grows, infinitely multiplying brain cells. This amazing brain gives this POKéMON an astoundingly high IQ of 5,000. It has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world."

There are sacrifices involved in causing Itachi to be Edo Tensei? Are they done before, during or after?
Is Edo Tensei the same technique as what was used for the Zombie Ninjas that aided the White Zetsus in the war?
i swear if i catch alakazam doing dumb shit in thepokemon show
but yes super intellect play his abilities right and its a stomp unironically no soul resistance actually tragic for itachi

sacrifice is done before the war
yep the zombie ninjas are kabuto reanimation/edo tensei

Back