• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
May be wrong here, but I feel like being able to avoid an attack with an 'agility' stat implies that the attack is already dodgeable by normal means in-universe. Not trying to downplay or anything. Just seems like a logical conclusion to make.

However, if it were indeed to apply to Flagg's instant transmutation, then it would mean both characters have the potential to avoid each other's hax, which would make deciding the winner out of the two of them...well, hard.

well, in persona an attack "missing" might mean different things

for example, even mental ailments like confusion, and such can "miss".

in the case of this attack in question, the boss really just points to a character and they turn, there's no "dodge" animation either when it "misses", which there are for attacks that are..well..dodged in the literal sense.. which to me seems to indicate the "miss" here is more a sign of the character resisting it than it "missing".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbVnkoQYcSE check around 45:40 for an instance of said attack missing. (was kinda hard to find a video of this specific boss doing this specific attack and it missing, lol)

but it is quite hard to translate some of the elements in persona's mechanics to a real fight..i'm really not sure how this would work which is why i'm not voting.

Fair enough. I suppose I can see what you mean. I'm definitely no expert on Persona 5 or SMT in general, so I'm mostly just trying to piece Akira together here in my head.

And yeah, I can agree that with some games, translating their mechanics into actual 'fighting' logic can be hard. Especially true of things like turn-based RPG mechanics.

(Also, I'm now thinking of an actual scenario where a mental attack literally just 'misses' its target, and it's making me chuckle.)

See, I knew of the rat spell, but I didn't recall an enemy that actively casted it on the player, so. I mean, I don't think it's about Akira having resistance to the ability, so much as it failing, like Mudo does sometimes.

Back