• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AI and ChatGPT Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChatGPT themselves officially stated to not be reliant in terms of sources as they may give some inaccurate information.
You are just simply repeating what they said (People simply needs to read)
  • May occasionally generate incorrect information
  • May occasionally produce harmful instructions or biased content
  • Limited knowledge of world and events after 2021
Also, DT's draft is fine in my opinion, you simply need to ask them from where they got the information, and they simply give you sources.

(As you… always do anyway in regular basis? Perhaps this is common knowledge, but I guess a draft is fine)

I fixed DT's draft a bit to improve clarity and conciseness
"When using any A.I., such as ChatGPT, it is your responsibility to check the correctness of the information before sharing it with others. This includes verifying that sources obtained through A.I. are reliable and accurate, any mathematics or formulas used are correct, and any generated text accurately conveys the intended meaning."

Last edited:
Definitely agree with DontTalkDT’s post

it will act as a helping tool to speed things up and then be confirmed/reevaluated by the one who uses it

completely banning it or saying that it’s a skill issue and that it’s not needed, is just like saying it’s not needed when you use bots or calculators to speed things up

Otherwise in terms of calculations page I don’t think I have enough knowledge about that stuff

ChatGPT themselves officially stated to not be reliant in terms of sources as they may give some inaccurate information.
You are just simply repeating what they said (People simply needs to read)
It's unreliable in the same way Wikipedia and our site are unreliable. See here for more details.

I am aware? But the OP make it as they themselves did not suggest it while the AI clearly said that in their ToS, in their homepage, and while you are using it.
People are simply stupid for not noticing that.

Also, I am aware Wikipedia is not reliable as people simply can edit it. Moreover, the rule that he suggested it already exists in the calculation guidelines.

"When using any A.I., such as ChatGPT, it is your responsibility to check the correctness of the information before sharing it with others. This includes verifying that sources obtained through A.I. are reliable and accurate, any mathematics or formulas used are correct, and any generated text accurately conveys the intended meaning."

Here is the draft but generally, in my opinion, it should be mentioned as in general, when you are searching for information, citing the source and checking its reliability is your own duty irregardless of whether you got it from Google or AI.

I believe this draft is good.

A.I. is a tool like any other, and can be very helpful if used constructively, but this rule stresses the importance of checking over its generations, and ultimately allows its use while putting the responsibility of accuracy on the user.

Though, the A.I. itself should obviously never be used as a citation, and even if the information is originally learned through the A.I., the original source should still be tracked down. The A.I. itself tends to be helpful for this, as it has provided me specific comic issues in the past, for example.

Thank you for the reply. 🙏

So can we apply the rule in question now then?

Where should the text go? The CRT section of the Discussion Rules?

Thank you. 🙏
That leaves adding the reliable pages section.
Any suggestion regarding such pages?
and
are some I frequently find useful.
Feel free to summon our calc group and more knowledgeable still active former calc group members if you need help with input and suggestions.

I can guarantee you that ChatGPT or other AI tools have no connection to those websites either.
Also, which information are you referring to? Since you can bring an argument to the table, but I would like to hear instances or moments where you had difficiulties to find an information for your calculation.

After getting permission from Antvasima to post here, I will gladly offer you guys one of solutions for this ChatGPT problem.

There exist safe and secure ChatGPT plug-in named WebChatGPT, its available on Chrome or another browsers that i don't know of.

What did this plugin do?

It's simple, this plugin will access the current internet and search for any legitimate websites for the purpose of using information from them instead the database from their server (Open AI), plus with their citation (The adress of the website).

Here is the example.

Let just said you need to calculate how fast is a man dashing from earth to moon in 2 second, and then you enter the appropriate prompt into the ChatGPT to know the answer of.

ChatGPT will access the current internet and use the information from them with citation, and then calculate theam according to the information found in these websites.

Hope this help.

After getting permission from Antvasima to post here, I will gladly offer you guys one of solutions for this ChatGPT problem.

There exist safe and secure ChatGPT plug-in named WebChatGPT, its available on Chrome or another browsers that i don't know of.

What did this plugin do?

It's simple, this plugin will access the current internet and search for any legitimate websites for the purpose of using information from them instead the database from their server (Open AI), plus with their citation (The adress of the website).

Here is the example.

Let just said you need to calculate how fast is a man dashing from earth to moon in 2 second, and then you enter the appropriate prompt into the ChatGPT to know the answer of.

ChatGPT will access the current internet and use the information from them with citation, and then calculate theam according to the information found in these websites.

Hope this help.
@DontTalkDT

What do you think about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back