• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Agamotto-Galactus scaling problem

So on Agamotto's page, he's at least a 2-A for fighting Galactus evenly. But at the same time, moderately-fed Galactus is a possible 2-A for matching Agamotto.

So Moderately-fed Galactus is scaling to...Moderately-fed Galactus.

This makes zero sense. Agamotto has literally no reason to be a 2-A, since the only reason a moderately-fed Galactus is a 2-A is due to scaling to him.

This needs to be fixed.

Agamotto can likely be assumed as = Strange and Dormammu, he's a sorcerer supreme afterall

Agamotto can likely be assumed as = Strange and Dormammu, he's a sorcerer supreme afterall
On his profile it does say that he should be above Strange since Strange uses his power/spells frequently. Not sure about this, but at least it gives a good reason for him being a possible Low 1-C.

However, the 2-A reasoning of scaling to moderately-fed galactus (who is only a possible 2-A while moderately fed because of Agamotto) is a massive error.

1. Do we know for sure that Galactus was only moderately fed when he fought Agamotto?

2. Agamotto could be upgraded to just Low 1-C, since on Dormammu's Vs Battles write-up it already says that a Low 1-C feat of his is being implied to have killed the Trinity of Ashes, who are equal to the Vishanti and threaten Eternity just by existing.

Thus, Vishanti = Trinity of Ashes ~ Eternity, so that would be a good reason for Agamotto to have the same tier as Eternity.

Also, As a young man, Agamotto faced against the Celestials with aid of the likes of Odin and Phoenix. (Avengers #1)

Not to mention, he held his own against Shuma-Gorath, and while he isn't equal to Shuma (who is supposedly far above Dormammu on his page), he should at least compare.

Also, apparently the conflict between the Vishanti and Slorioth would've seriously damaged the multiverse (2-A)

3. However, assuming that this is a Moderately-fed Galactus, then he wouldn't scale to it since it'd be an outlier if Agamotto is only a Low 1-C.

However, moderately-fed Galactus did overpower Odin, who can go up to a 2-A, and Mephisto in Hell, who can also go up to a 2-A.

Agamotto is one of the Vishanti, a mystical entity, and as such should be at least comparable to Dormammu.

Agamotto is one of the Vishanti, a mystical entity, and as such should be at least comparable to Dormammu.
1. See? THAT is something good for his profile, considering Dormammu does range from 2-A to Low 1-C.
2. Just want to thank you for helping.
3. Actually, considering that I managed to find other 2-A feats for a Moderately Fed Galactus (being comparable to Odin and matching Hell-amped Mephisto, who can both go up to 2-A), this is far less of a concern.
4. Didn't Dormammu kill the Trinity of Ashes, who were equals to the Vishanti. If so, Agamotto is at best =< Dormammu. Still impressive, but he's not as strong as Dormammu.

Yes, peak regular Dormammu was portrayed as stronger than the Vishanti as far as I am aware, but not overwhelmingly so.

Didn't Dormammu kill the Trinity of Ashes, who were equals to the Vishanti. If so, Agamotto is at best =< Dormammu. Still impressive, but he's not as strong as Dormammu.
Yeah, I was gonna say this. Agamotto definitely does not scale directly to Dormammu. At best, he should downscale similar to how Odin and Zeus do.

That said, the Vishanti clearly look down on Galactus (as shown when the other 2 stop Agamotto's fight with Galactus), so they're clearly as strong if not stronger than Galactus.

Speaking of Dormammu, honestly, Classic Dormammu (at his best incarnation) is probably somewhere above Eternity, but it's not a massive margin.

1. Killed Slorioth, who threatened Eternity by EXISTING
2. Literally sustains the Dark Dimension, which has more dimensions than the Marvel Universe (aka Eternity).
3. One-shot Giraud, who wounded Eternity and made him scream in pain
4. The first fight against Eternity was with Dormammu's WEAKEST incarnation, and even then he could've killed Eternity and nearly did so.
4.5. Speaking of, Umar is >= Dormammu's weakest incarnation, yet a later incarnation of Dormammu that was in an inferior body one-shot her.

But like I said, the margin isn't massive.

Last edited:
Yes. He also threatened to destroy the entire Dark Dimension if he did not get his way, after he absorbed Umar and Mordo, and the Defender vainly tried to make him even notice their attacks.

Yes. He also threatened to destroy the entire Dark Dimension if he did not get his way, after he absorbed Umar and Mordo, and the Defender vainly tried to make him even notice their attacks.
First point is good, although aside from Giraud I don't know how powerful the Defenders are so that could mean little.

But yeah, the only reasons Dormammu ever really lost in Classic are his ego and ridiculous plot armor.

Yes, the writers eventually realised that Dormammu was so powerful that he did not work as a regular supervillain, so they downgraded him to the degree that Cyclops-tier superheroes can regularly beat him up without any logical explanation. Al Ewing upgraded him a bit again recently, but only to being more powerful than Ego the Living Planet.

That reminds me that we still need to make a Modern Dormammu profile.
Honestly not looking forward to how much weaker Modern Dormammu will be.

Aside from blasting Shuma Gorath's eye and making him retreat, he has basically no good feats.

He’s got 4-B stuff iirc, but it’s been a while since I’ve researched him so idk.

I like that people just refuse to consider the fact that Dormammu deadass has different mechanics that were present even back in the day, they just became more prevalent modern day to consider verse integration.

How many issues is Dormammu exact? I'll do him after Kang's shit resolves.

Nvm I got it myself, 140 issues + (maybe) 150 issues of the Hood.

It's a project alright, but doable, he'll be the next fella I do :v

Okay. Thank you for the help. Classic Dormammu has already been thoroughly researched for our current profile page though, but a reference section would be a good addition.

Last edited:
Back