• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Notes:
AP:
Garou: 113 Kilotons<
Shigaraki:6 Kilotons

Durability:
Garou: Scales to AP
Shigaraki: Close to Baseline 7-B(6.3 Megatons> )

Speed: Equalized

From what I understand, Garou's reactive evolution in human form only happens when he's on the brink of death, which in this case shouldn't happen as Shigaraki's Win condition is a one-touch kill.
Garou is very superior in H2H combat, Shigaraki is superior in stamina.(Fought for 1 month in 48-hour intervals with only 2 hours of sleep a piece, pre-regeneration, is able to out stamina superior fighters just through sheer durability and stamina.)
Two absolute tanks going in head to head combat. Let's see who wins.

Garou can't really harm him, however he should be superior in terms or combat speed and general martial arts experience.

Garou's AP does massively upscale from 113 kilotons, it'd be a reasonable estimate to put it at 1~ megaton since there's a huge scaling chain from the 113 kiloton feat that involves as many as 10 genos upgrades.

IDK if that means Garou could do anything since it's still a 6X difference but it's closer than you might think

Garou's AP does massively upscale from 113 kilotons, it'd be a reasonable estimate to put it at 1~ megaton since there's a huge scaling chain from the 113 kiloton feat that involves as many as 10 genos upgrades.

IDK if that means Garou could do anything since it's still a 6X difference but it's closer than you might think
I don't know how much 100% OFA is but 113 kiloton should be too low considering that's even weaker than Captain Celebrity but if it's strength approaching a megaton, I think it would account for something.

And I think Garou can strike fast & hard enough to overcome Super-regeneration if he has that kind of strength. But he still has a weakness of being land-bound, I've never seen the guy fight mid-air so I don't know how long he could stay mid-air to avoid waves of decay.

He does have acrobatics, so he could do double flips and triple flips and change velocity mid-air, but only for a second or two and he needs to build up most of the momentum on the ground. Does decay travel through air or some sort of physical medium? If so, Garou could plausibly deflect or slow it with the fist of flowing water, crushing rock. If it's just intangible then he'd have to dodge as you say and it wouldn't be easy for him at close range with speed equalized

Perhaps we should put Half Monster Garou instead to make this fairer? Human Garou seems to lack AP to actually deal significant harm to Shigaraki.

Okay, so the Half Monster Garou that fought Rover? That would probably be an even fight since Shigaraki would have an AP advantage at first with the 6.3~ durability , but Garou's reactive evolution should allow him to catch up if the fight goes on for a while without vaporizing him. The Garou that fought Darkshine or later versions are too strong IMO

Half Monster Garou that fought Rover might work. If the difference is only 2x or even lower and also the fact that Garou usually targets his opponent's vital points like how he fought Tanktop Master, then it doesn't matter here. Garou might win if he somehow manages to avoid Shigaraki's hax. Anyways, if the OP isn't gonna change to his Half Monster form. I'm voting for Shigaraki here and I think this match is unfair cuz human Garou lacks AP to actually deal any significant harm to Shigaraki.

Last edited:
He does have acrobatics, so he could do double flips and triple flips and change velocity mid-air, but only for a second or two and he needs to build up most of the momentum on the ground. Does decay travel through air or some sort of physical medium? If so, Garou could plausibly deflect or slow it with the fist of flowing water, crushing rock. If it's just intangible then he'd have to dodge as you say and it wouldn't be easy for him at close range with speed equalized
Decay is hax so it can't be deflected or anything. Now that I think of it, OPM world lacks hax a lot otherwise Saitama wouldn't have been as invincible.

Anyway, the main problems with decay are:
1. It can travel through physical matter and affect anything in contact with something that's decaying so it spreads like a wave.

2. It has the range of 1/3 of a city in a circular manner with Shigaraki as the epicenter.

To escape it, I only see 2 ways, outrun it with superspeed or fly into the air.

Decay is hax so it can't be deflected or anything. Now that I think of it, OPM world lacks hax a lot otherwise Saitama wouldn't have been as invincible.

1. It can travel through physical matter and affect anything in contact with something that's decaying so it spreads like a wave.

2. It has the range of 1/3 of a city in a circular manner with Shigaraki as the epicenter.

If there are actually only 2 ways to escape his hax as you said, then even Half Monster Garou will lose here. Garou doesn't fly and with speed equalized he doesn't outrun either.

If there are actually only 2 ways to escape his hax as you said, then even Half Monster Garou will lose here. Garou doesn't fly and with speed equalized he doesn't outrun either.
There would be a way to win if:

1. One can overcome Shigaraki in close quarters so that he can only passively defend the same way Deku did. He caught him with Black Whip and yanked him around while beating him and didn't give him any breathing room to use Decay. Garou is even more experienced in martial arts than Deku.

2. If someone is faster than Shigaraki and has the AP to knock him out, a blow to the head should do it, just like All Might knocked AFO out with a single punch at Kamino. Shigaraki is not beyond being K.O.ed and I believe that Garou is fast enough to land a solid hit, however Shigaraki's resilience is not to be underestimated & the guy can even move when half awake + he has AFO autopilot.

3. Moving in the air. Now in MHA, once characters reach a certain level of physical strength, they can create air pressure shockwaves and even use air pressure to fly by kicking or punching the air. Shigaraki can do this with his current physical strength level so if Half-Monster Garou is as strong as Shigaraki, he should be able to do the same and move mid-air to avoid decay.

Do we grant characters abilities that they haven't showcased just because they are comparable in strength to characters in their universe

Shigaraki stomps with decay hax, far superior durability, and High-Mid regeneration.

Even dozen of blows from a baseline 7-B couldn't defeat Shigaraki while his body was already falling apart, and his regen was slowing down. And Decay isn't something Garou can stop, putting Shigaraki against someone like Garou who needs to get close and physically attack is a bad idea.

To survive his decay you either need resistance to decay, or the ability to fly. Even if Garou outran the decay, he's too far away from Shigaraki to hurt him and he can just touch the ground again should he get to close. Garou to my knowledge can't fly.

Izuku could only do anything because he could fly, blackwhip and 100% are useless without flight. Garou lacks the AP to knock out someone who can take a baseline 7-B blow to the face and stay conscious, even without any regeneration and his body falling apart.

Speed is equalized, and we do not give anyone powers they don't posses. Just because Shigaraki can create wind pressure, doesn't mean Garou can.

Yes. Using shockwave to fly is completely out of character for Garou. He has only shown to create shockwaves during his fight with Darkshine and that's his half monster and I also don't know how he can fly with it. Half Monster Garou would lose anyway due to decay hax for reason above, let alone Human Garou.

Yeah, Garou needs speed (which he has) and AP to win this matchup. With speed equalized, you'd have to go far into his Monster Form. If Garou were, x5, x10 above baseline 7-B, would that be able to put Shigaraki away?

Question, did Deku divert or slow down the initial decay blast when he used those air shockwaves? Not a MHA fan but I thought he was able to interact with the decay wave using shockwaves

Question, did Deku divert or slow down the initial decay blast when he used those air shockwaves? Not a MHA fan but I thought he was able to interact with the decay wave using shockwaves
No, his 45% air pressure wave didn't work at all. Everyone had to run. Decay can't be affected by physical force.

Back