• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Intro
Continuing from this thread, I'm here to discuss the validity of the 5-B and 4-A ratings.

Planetary Storm Ratings
This scan is used to claim that the Storm Juubi is 5-B. However, for the same reasons we don't accept that the canon Juubi created the planet, we shouldn't accept this either. The god tree (Juubi) was planted on the Earth by Kaguya so it could absorb chakra, produce a fruit, and then Kaguya could consume said fruit. All of that meaning, the planet had to exist prior to the Juubi, such that the Juubi could be planted as a god tree to produce a chakra fruit. We also know Kaguya traveled to Earth with the Juubi in tow, which also proves the planet predates the Juubi. So, why does this scan claim the Juubi created the world? Because it did, the Juubi gave birth to the ninja world, by producing a chakra fruit as the god tree, Kaguya was able to birth two sons with chakra, and one of those sons (Hagoromo) was able to spread chakra throughout the world, effectively birthing the ninja world. As without chakra, we wouldn't have the ninja world as we know it. So all it means when they say the Juubi created the world is that it introduced chakra to the world, creating the modern world (in Naruto) as we know it, opposed to crafting the literal planet.

This scan claims that Juubito's Sword of Nunoboko can completely destroy the ninja world. I do believe that this statement could potentially be a 5-B statement; however, it is far from a concrete statement. First, the ninja world doesn't inherently (nor frequently) refer to the literal planet Earth, and often it's used to refer to the ninja society at large. This is seen with the aforementioned case of the Juubi creating the ninja world as well. Frankly, this statement mirrors exactly what is said in the canon story of Naruto, which is accepted as only High 6-A for this reasoning. Additionally, when dealing with "destroy the world" statements, we generally need more context to make the claim (and accept the claim) that the planet's GBE is being overcame (aka it's 5-B), as opposed to lower end interpretations (like surface wiping or High 6-A). All in all, I don't see any extenuating context that would make this statement superior to the one in canon, and should thus fall to the same scrutiny that the canon statement falls to. Thus, this should be a High 6-A statement instead. Neither Pre-Six Paths Naruto nor Sasuke would scale to this either, as the sword only breaks when Obito loses his will, and the Sword of Nunoboko's power fluctuates with its user's willpower.

This scan claims that the Madara that Night Guy fights (1 Rinnegan Juubidara) has the power to cause global calamity and destroy the ninja world. I take the same issues with this statement that I do with the Sword of Nunoboko. Again we know that ninja world and Earth aren't inherently the same thing, I won't re-explain why, as you can read the above paragraph. Second, the context of the statement seems to be much more in favor of surface level destruction, as it prefaces "destroying the ninja world" with causing calamities around the glove. Finally, yet again, destroy the world statements aren't inherently granted their maximum interpretations over the surface level destruction interpretations. And given the context of the statement, it appears to be more in favor of surface level destruction opposed to overcoming the planet's GBE anyway.

Multi Solar Storm Ratings
To address a very minor syntactical error, the Storm profiles state that Kaguya was going to destroy her realm using the ETSO. However, the ETSO doesn't exist in the Storm games, instead it's called the Final TSO/the TSO of Demise, and instead of slowly expanding, it explodes like a giant bomb. Basically, that is to say that the jutsu is different than the ETSO, and as per the accepted threads for Storm scaling, any canon information on the ETSO cannot be used for the Final TSO. Now onto the actual statements and scaling.

This scan is used to claim that Kaguya was going to destroy Earth with the Final TSO explosion from within her root dimension, thus traversing and destroying her starry sky dimension to reach Earth. First and foremost, you'll notice that page never says anything remotely like that, rather it states that the fate of the ninja world starts and ends with Kaguya. Once again, ninja world is very ambiguous as what it actually refers too, and furthermore we know that if Kaguya won, the entire world would be enslaved in the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Therefore, the ninja world would end in the sense that all ninjas would be incapacitated until they're drained of all chakra and die. Also, Kaguya seeking to destroy the Earth itself makes zero sense, considering she needs the Earth to have her IT chakra to fight Momoshiki and Kinshiki. Not to mention, "fate of the ninja world" doesn't inherently mean "destruction of the ninja world" at all. So not only does this statement not mean what it's claimed to mean, but it make any logical sense to arrive at that initial interpretation either.

This scan is used as support, stating that Kaguya's Final TSO can bring the world to extinction and possesses world shattering power. To begin with, I do believe that this is very likely a valid "world busting" statement. One, to bring something (that's not life) to extinction normally means to completely wipe it out, so her Final TSO has the power to completely wipe out a world. Two, there is a supporting statement that it possesses world shattering power. So, I believe it is fine to say that Kaguya's Final TSO has the power to completely destroy the world itself here. However, the issue lies in what "world" means in this context, because this statement is used to claim that Kaguya can destroy her entire dimension with a starry sky, but unlike canon Naruto, it is never stated that Kaguya is destroying her space/dimension. This video is the only clip we get of her Final TSO actually exploding. All we actually see before cutting back to the game play is the ground on the planet start to get destroyed. We never see the Final TSO's explosion reach into the depths of outer space to destroy the stars, nor do we get any solid indication of the dimension itself being destroyed. Rather it appears that the only thing the Final TSO was going to destroy the planet, which takes me back to my earlier issue. "World" here seems to be likely in reference to the planet. Therefore, the Final TSO would be 5-B and not 4-A, if that ends up being the case.

All that being said, I do think with some generosity in interpretation, the attack may still be 4-A. So, when watching the Final TSO ultimate (all the magazine scans for ultimate call them "ougi", so if you've been confused about what tf an ougi is, be confused no longer), we do see Kaguya take you to one of her dimensions, drop her nuke, and then you're brought out of said dimension. I believe an argument can be made that the intent was that the dimension itself was nuked, and that's why you're brought back. However, at the same time that could very well just be the game taking you back to the battle map you selected to play on, and as such just be a consequence of game play. Meaning that there is no deeper meaning or intention to be interpreted from the ultimate cutting back after the screen whites out. So, what I mean to say here is, I can see why someone would argue for a possibly 4-A rating, but I believe that most of the argument is just pure conjecture. The Final TSO in my opinion should just be 5-B, but if staff vote in favor a possibly rating I won't argue against it.

Conclusion
To wrap things up, I don't think Storm's 5-B rating is valid at all and I'm leaning towards the 4-A rating get removed as well, but I'd be fine if the majority staff vote in favor of it staying as a possibly rating. Without further adieu, be civil, and let's discuss.

Replace 5-B with High 6-A: KT, Tracer
Keep 5-B:
Replace 4-A with 5-B: KT, Tracer (maybe 5-B, possibly far higher instead)
Replace 4-A with 5-B, possibly 4-A:
Keep 4-A:
Ooo, makes sense: KingTempest

Last edited:
I’m in favor of replacing the 5-B ratings with High 6-A, and downgrading the 4-A rating to 5-B, maybe5-B, possibly far higher’.

Agree. The Juubi is used to achieve both tier 5 and tier 3/2 with different statements. Even the phrase "ninja world" doesn't make sense when applied to the entire planet. The premise of that phrase would imply there's only ninja on the planet, which isn't true. Not everybody is even capable of properly manipulating chakra to be a ninja.

As for Kaguya, I like High 6-A, possibly 5-B.

H6A possibly 5B makes sense

if any evidence exists of Kaguya having created her own dimensions in Storm as well she could have 4A via creation but as far as I'm aware no such evidence exists

Back