• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Additional/advance some Ability & Existence for Ilùvatar.

Pashh

He/Him
Plot Manipulation for Eru Ilúvatar.

The primal feats to supports my premise, comes from;

• Letter 192:
"The Other Power then took over: the Writer of the Story (by which I do not mean myself), 'that one ever-present Person who is never absent and never named".

The statement was written on Tolkien Letter; 192. It's stamped on Eru Ilúvatar Profile at Tolkien Gateway. The letter is reffering to Ilúvatar. The letter would bring upscaling and the compromise that comes from it will be explained.

— First. As starters Tolkien said, if there is a person who would took the "Story" and take parts as the Writter willl seen the reality as a mere drama-Fiction. It means, the one who took it was the Author of Lord of the Ring's Fiction. That one who is called as the "writter" mean he can do everything he want. Including controls what is fundamental in the fiction, such as backgrounds or story behinds it in the Space-time.

• An answer for a question such as about "Where's the Metafictional Element? Governing everything and the story means nothing if there's no existence of metafictional elements."

To answer this kind of problem, first we need to take a review from the first Paragraph that I wrote, Specifically in the part of the Feats. The statements that comes from that letter is explaining Ilúvatar as writter and took the story from the Author (Tolkien). Nah indirectly, if that happen, that mean Ilúvatar and Tolkien as the Author (their existence) is equivalent. Because logically. And basically, a writter who sees "world" as a part that can be written in such canvas can be defined as an Existence that is higher than the mere-reality he controls (Which is superior than a mere 4-Dimensionality Continuum of Space-Time in this context). Talking about in Layman's Term, simply the Writter (Author) who govern such thing prolly sees the reality as a mere fiction, and it can brings step into the fictional element. We are understand that Plot Manipulation doesn't guarantee a higher tier, because seeing a reality as a mere-fiction doesn't need a higher axes of dimensional cardinality.

The simple analogy for that, as an example a writter from 3-Dimensionality creature's (we) wrote a story everything about 2 Dimensional Being who doesn't exist in our world and we literally perceieve them as meaningless. They have a dimensional axis lower than the 3-Dimensionality Creature. That's the reason why there is a differences that concerns "Dimensionality" and "Fictional Element".

— Conclusion

Ilúvatar as the writter holds the capability to governs everything and wrote them in a story, and the context will fall to Metafictional Element. That's qualified for Ilúvatar Plot Manipulation since basically they sees them as a literall "Meaningless". There is also a place who exist beyond everything and starts everything, this place holds a value as a bigger place to the normal realities.

So basically what will he got from this?
• Higher Dimensional Existence & Plot Manipulation (Exist on the place that sees world as a mere parts of story And Qualified for Metafictional Element)
• Higher Dimensional Manipulation (Interacts with a being who sees the world also as a story and is the original writter).

Last edited:
following, i think you should post this thread to profile wall of this verse supporter or admin/moderator and request to evaluate this crt

Last edited:
Moving this here to address the idea that Eru "hijacking" Tolkien's work gets him into higher tiers. This interpretation comes from the line in 192 that "The Other Power then took over: the Writer of the Story (by which I do not mean myself), 'that one ever-present Person who is never absent and never named". Here it appears that Eru/God took over Tolkien's work, with the argument positing that Tolkien/Author is 5d and that Eru should be 6d for being an author above him. However, while Eru/God is the ultimate creator within Tolkien's cosmology, this argument frankly misunderstands the relationship between God and author.

In Tolkien's own words, God, or in this case Eru, is the one and only creator. From this comes creations and sub-creators, wherein creations, like Tolkien himself (within the context of this verse) have created sub-creations like LOTR, becoming sub-creators.

Tolkien is logically below God Almighty, but this does not really have too much of a direct effect as there is no equal language of qualitative transcendence for the relationship between sub-creator and creator. Of course, it might/likely exists in the Catholic context/thought Tolkien was writing in, but using such religious contexts outside of directly mentioned things is not allowed in this wiki, and even mentioned religious contexts seem to be iffy. The most this might get is an "at least" from Eru > sub-creator = 5d > Eä (a 4d universe) and other sub-creations.

Also, in case Omnipotence is brought up as an example of transcendence, being infinitely more powerful than anyone within your tier does not make you a tier higher once it comes to stuff like tier 2 or 1.

See Letter 153
"We differ entirely about the nature of the relation of sub-creation to Creation. I should have said that liberation "from the channels the creator is known to have used already" is the fundamental function of "sub-creation", a tribute to the infinity of His potential variety [...] I am not a metaphysician; but I should have thought it a curious metaphysics — there is not one but many, indeed potentially innumerable ones — that declared the channels known (in such a finite corner as we have any inkling of) to have been used, are the only possible ones, or efficacious, or possibly acceptable to and by Him!" - Letter 153

In response to a comment from Peter Hastings regarding the reincarnation of Tolkien's Elves
"God has not used that device in any of the creations of which we have knowledge, and it seems to me to be stepping beyond the position of a sub-creator to produce it as an actual working thing, because a sub-creator, when dealing with the relations between creator and created, should use those channels which he knows the creator to have used already"

Edit: I'm not sure if this post was edited, or if my previous post was aimed at the wrong guy, but this can be ignored now, since this post does not address a 6d upgrade.

Last edited:
Abilities wise, Higher Dimensional honestly seems appropriate due to Eru's higher dimensional existence, but stuff like plot manipulation is more for people like Dread to answer.

That being said, Eru has an outright statement of being unable to interfere with free-will (although this is likely due to him also being an upholder of free-will, rather than a lack of ability) meaning he likely does not/will not manipulate plot in ways that deprive free-will.

"Free Will is derivative, and is.'. only operative within provided circumstances; but in order that it may exist, it is necessary that the Author should guarantee it..." - Letter 153

"The indestructibility of spirits with free wills, even by the Creator of them, is also an inevitable feature..." - Letter 211

Plus miraculous intervention is less plot manipulation, more direct action (nudging Gollum or destroying Numenor)

Last edited:
Back