• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding Resurrection to 2009 Jason

According to Brad Fuller, the producer of Friday the 13th (2009)...
With that being said, Jason Voorhees (2009) is currently listed as having Mid-Low, possibly High-Low Regeneration under the belief that he actually survived being stabbed through the heart and having his head grinded by a wood chipper despite not having Immortality listed anywhere. However, with this interview in mind, his Regeneration should be removed and replaced with Resurrection.

His last stamina justification — "After awakening from getting his head crushed in a meat grinder and being dumped in the lake, he immediately proceeded to attack people once again without any delay" — should also be removed, as this attack killed him.

I feel like that both Human Jason and 2009 Jason need either Immortality Type 2 along with some minor regen since they stop bleeding/suffering from rather notably injures.

Resurrection only really works for 2009 Jason as a note. Human Jason just doesn't die somehow, but he never dies and comes back. Its why Tommy permanently killed him with a head wound.

I mean, the profile doesn't need a lot of sign off probably.
Becomes

I've always thought that was a matter of regeneration but it does make more sense if it was a case of him resurrecting himself since that's the more well-known Jason trait.

I'd say it's fine to add.

Back