• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Add a new rule for VS Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

A6colute

VS Battles
Retired
I think about it multiple times, so...

How about add a rule that in a VS Thread its author must to add links to characters profiles pages?

I agree full heartedly, I'm tired of seeing people say say such and such is not immune to this when if you could just take like 3 seconds out your time to go the actual profile you would see that such character is immune...

I think it's a good idea. But, I'm usually not so lazy that I don't look at the profiles myself.

Isn't there already a practice of the participants and their respective verses being included in the tags? If we could just get everyone to follow this as a rule, that would be great.

I do not mind if this rule would be added.

I already added a rule about reading both profiles before making a decision, but this sounds fine to me.

Isn't there already a practice of the participants and their respective verses being included in the tags?

Adding tags is a good thing, but direct links to profiles much more useful.

Plus, It's not a problem, to write Son Goku instead Son Goku.

Sounds good to me. Makes it a little easier on the voters to just click on the link in the OP if say, they list only the last name of a character or the one or both character's don't have a profile, in which case it will alert everyone that the page needs to be closed.

Also agree with this. It will make it faster for other people to check the profiles and lessen redudant comments.

I agree with this, considering some characters have the same first name and people usually don't write the character's full name in the title.

This would make life a lot easier. Could we also have the score between the characters in the OP so it makes the score easier to track. For Example:

"X character" : "Current Score"

"Y character" : "Current Score"

Inconclusive : "Current Score"

Hmmm alright with the new rule, but people can just check their profiles on their own and providing a link sounds a bit idk like empty work.

@Grudge

Indeed, and this rule would be extremely difficult and tiring to enforce (going through every single new VS Thread and making sure they have the necessary links).

Maybe we can word it as a suggestion instead of a rule then?

"When creating a versus thread, preferably add links to the relevant character profiles" perhaps?

That would work. Plus, as long as the OP has decent grammar, they wouldn't be that hard to find anyway through the search function.

Okay. Feel free to add the sentence that I wrote above to the versus thread rules page then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back