• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adam Conover Profile Deletion

We have characters who are tiered based on one line of dialogue, a paragraph, limited speculation, a single appearance, an incredibly unknown verse etc, and a handful of them are put at extremely high levels for it. Yet we're gonna delete an actual profile who's the star of the show, with an accurate tiering with little to no vagueness? That's not cool. Saying he's a YouTube persona more than he is a character is like saying Justin Bieber is a YouTube artist more than he is a celebrity. If another argument is that because he has the same name, or that he's the same person, that's also not cool. Is Little Bill the same as Bill Cosby? Is Miley Stewart the same as Miley Cyrus? Are Tia and Tamera in Sister Sister the same as their real life counterparts? If we delete this, let's also delete Alex Russo for being Selena Gomez, Iron Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe) for being Robert Downey Jr., Superman (DC Extended Universe) for being Henry Cavill, etc.

Well, Adam Conover is not playing another character. He is simply using his own name as host of a show.

Sera Loveheart said:
Either we:
A. Allow these types of profiles as a whole
Under exceptional circumstances, I fail to see why people haven't leaned more towards this. Allowing the Angry Video Game Nerd due to his decade-long career (probably longer), two officially licensed games and a movie which was released in theatres is perfectly acceptable, much more so than letting in lets say Filthy Frank and Pewdiepie; even if that's controversial, we can just put in his game/movie incarnations as opposed to using his youtube videos. A similar approach could be made towards Adam Conovor, as iirc he appears in a television series.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Under exceptional circumstances, I fail to see why people haven't leaned more towards this. Allowing the Angry Video Game Nerd due to his decade-long career (probably longer), two officially licensed games and a movie which was released in theatres is perfectly acceptable, much more so than letting in lets say Filthy Frank and Pewdiepie; even if that's controversial, we can just put in his game/movie incarnations as opposed to using his youtube videos. A similar approach could be made towards Adam Conovor, as iirc he appears in a television series.
Exactly AMM. I feel the same way about the Nerd (at least his movie/game incarnations).

The real cal howard said:
LoyalservantofInti said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_P9PR5ckFk&list=PLuKg-WhduhkksJoqkj9aJEnN7v0mx8yxC&index=10

2:00

"looks like our CGI Budget ran out"

He's 7-A out of something that is canonically just special effects.
Inti, not only are you clearly biased, which you've pointed out several times before, but you clearly don't understand proper fourth wall breaking and actual toonforce, given your track record.
What? He directly states the wall is just special effects. And you know what, I'll admit UI'm biased against Adam Ruins Everything due to my political views, but how would you feel if we had a profile for an incredibly conservative person? after all, Trump has legit 5-A feats if you go cpomposite. but you wouldn't feel comfortable with that, would yyou?

What pray tell is the storyline? What pray tell makes him a legit not JBW character? What pray tell makes him more suited here than JBW? What pray tell makes him more than a Youtube personality?

Also Cal, that is not what this is about. Vaugueness has nothing to do with it, nor does being a real life person, feats, how many appearances, etc. This is about the type of character. The rule is no youtube personalities. The fact of the matter is we are flip flopping on what is and isn't allowed due to people's personal feelings on the whole "the wiki is too serious" bit. JBW is the place for this profile.

If Beerus said that the universe busting thing took a lot of Toei's budget, is he no longer 3-A? It's called 4th wall breaking. Which given your Bugs Bunny and Popeye shenanigans, I'm not sure you understand.

Are the Trump things official releases? Are they not a farce of the guy? If Trump saw it, would he be offended? If the answer is no for these questions, then your argument is invalid.

Technically, Adam is playing a character in his show, but this character has the same name as it's actor and is aware that he is in a show, so, I'm not sure if he should be considered a"TV personality" or a character.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Simply put he does bot belong here. Heck he already has a file on JBW. Why is he here?
They are different pages. I.e. the JBW one is more of a joke.

The real cal howard said:
If Beerus said that the universe busting thing took a lot of Toei's budget, is he no longer 3-A? It's called 4th wall breaking. Which given your Bugs Bunny and Popeye shenanigans, I'm not sure you understand.

Are the Trump things official releases? Are they not a farce of the guy? If Trump saw it, would he be offended? If the answer is no for these questions, then your argument is invalid.
For the first thing, if that happened, yes.

For the second, let me think of something else. If Fox News had a character who has special effects portray him similar to a reality warpet, would you feel comfortable with us having a profile about him?

Can we please try and keep this on track please.

What's the verdict then? I want to see direct arguments for/against this decision and then an agreement on the final conclusion.

Cal is right on the Beerus thing, even if he said that the animators blew the budget on the shockwaves it'd still count.

Also stop talking about politics.

I suppose we wait for Ryukama and Darkanine to reply first. More admin input would be appreciated too.

Well like I said, he's the author of his own show. for example, we wouldn't allow a profile about the writers of sponge bob, even though they've appeared on the show.

I agree with Sera and Dragonmasterxyz. It is far more convenient for our regulations if we simply move the profile to the Joke Battles Wiki. This should not be considered as a big deal.

Also, Inti, this is not a political discussion, or a political wiki. If I can almost consistently keep out my extreme concerns regarding the overall situation in the world, so can you.

I agree with Sera. How is 4th Wall Awareness even a power if we don't take too kindly to reality-fiction interaction?

I suppose it's listed for indexing purposes.

Awareness is one thing, interaction is another, and from what I've read above, he says his actions blew out the budget of the show. What do we make of that?

As Sera mentioned, we cannot give this profile special privileges simply because it portrays a celebrity that is popular with our staff. I would appreciate if somebody could move the profile to Joke Battles, and then delete it.

@Yumi-tan

Õ«îÕà¿Òü½Òü»ÒÇüÕìÿÒü½ÒüéÒü¬ÒüƒÒüîµ×Âþ®║ÒüºÒüéÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒéÆÞ¬ìÞ¡ÿÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÒüôÒü¿Òü»ÒÇüÒüéÒü¬ÒüƒÒü«ÞæùÞÇàÒéƵö╗µÆâÒüÖÒéïÒüôÒü¿Òü¿Òü»þò░Òü¬ÒéèÒÇüÒÇîÞÂàÞÂèþÜäÒü¬ÒâòÒéúÒé»ÒéÀÒâºÒâ│ÒÇìÒü¿ÕÉÿÒü«ÒâèÒâ│Òé╗Òâ│Òé╣Òü¿ÞªïÒü¬ÒüòÒéîÒü¥ÒüÖÒÇé

@Ant

Well, Cropfist already remade the page but Ven thinks we should wait for Ryu and Dark to respond, considering one or the other made the profile. I wasn't there for the initial discussion so I don't remember how exactly it was accepted to begin with. They may shed light on that.

Cropfist has already made the profile on JBW by the looks of things, it's safe to delete it here I guess,although waiting for it's creator's opinion is probably best first.

I see. What are your thoughts Cal?

I made it clear above. Saying Adam is simply a YouTube personality even though he has his own show is like saying Justin Bieber is nothing more than a YouTube personality even though he got his own record deal.

Cal, the same thing can be said about AVGN. As Sera mentioned above we gotta do one or the other. We can't accept this but not others. It's not fair and shows our bias.

I'm perfectly ok with AVGN. It's others who aren't for some reason.

Funny thing is, when we initially moved joke profiles over, we said we would keep Chuck Norris iirc.

Back