• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yugi Mutou VS Light Yagami.

Light has the Death Note, Yugi is Season 0/First Manga Part (no God Cards)

Fight takes place in a schoolyard, they play a Shadow Game.

Yugi- 1

Light- 0

You know... I've always wanted to see how these two would square off in a battle of wits. ''Especially'' the psycho Yami Yugi from the earlier manga.

TartaChocholate said:
You know... I've always wanted to see how these two would square off in a battle of wits. Especially the psycho Yami Yugi from the earlier manga.
Same

Depending on the game i would have to give this to Yugi. Plus Yami Yugi wouldn't easily give out his name to Light. May i also add that Yugi has an abnormally high luck factor on his own.

Perhaps giving a bit of context could help and how they ended up in a shadow game. Light's aproach to Yugi and how skeptical or suspicious he'd be and how many measures he'd take with a person really depends on what situation he's in.

Ok, so here's what I have

Dark Yugi tracks down Light (somehow). Along the way, he acquires another Death Note (Important for the Shadow Game). He meets Light and challenges him to a Shadow Game. The game is essentially Poker, but instead of chips being given to the winner, the winner writes a letter of the opponent's name. Yugi specifically tells Light that if he tries to cheat, there is a Penalty and punishment will be dealt.

Hmm, if luck is involved Yugi has an important edge. Light will be completely on guard if Yugi already confronts him as Kira. Though it's likely Light will figure out quickly Yugi's supernatural luck. Now the issue is if he has any options at all.

Yugi via Illusion Creation and Mind Manipulation, he'd make Light write his own name in his death note.

Sharaku Jr. said:
Ok, so here's what I have

Dark Yugi tracks down Light (somehow). Along the way, he acquires another Death Note (Important for the Shadow Game). He meets Light and challenges him to a Shadow Game. The game is essentially Poker, but instead of chips being given to the winner, the winner writes a letter of the opponent's name. Yugi specifically tells Light that if he tries to cheat, there is a Penalty and punishment will be dealt.
The issue here is Light would never agree to anything so risky. He would pretend Yugi is some kinda nutjob all the while formulating a plan to get Yugi's name.

Wouldn't Yugi using his abilities to affect Light directly count as cheating? It's been a long time since I've read the manga, but IIRC Yugi can affect the game but messing with the opponent is breaking the rules.

Apies has a point, though, Yugi trying to make Light play the Shadow Game in itself could be the battle as Light wouldn't take such a massive risk and if the game went underway, Light's fate would be sealed as Yugi's abilities and supernatural powers ensure his victory in it.

<_> Man fights are hard when it's not just punching someone

Light Yagami doesn't understand exactly who the shadow game works, so he likely would try in cheat but yugi would counter by Illusion Creation and Mind Manipulation.

I keep seeing Illusion and Mind manip being brought up as wincons, but based on what's linked in the profile those only really seem to be used after Yugi has beaten his opponent as a punishment.

Lol, it's a latin american meme that pokes fun at Yugi's allegedly being a cheater and has him screwing over random characters with his cards just because he can.

I had forgotten his Shadow Games had some pretty shady moves for him to win.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Regardless, Light would have to agree to the game in the first place and he won't.

Edit: If this isn't cheating I dunno what is.
Perhaps Yugi could have gathered some incriminating evidence against Light and make the condition that he would give him the evidence if he beat him in a game?

@Nehz Yugi would need to blackmail Light yes, but Light is still a strategic genius and won't just stumble into whatever trap Yugi is trying to set.

Back