• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Accelerator's passive reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't gotten around to reading the light novel yet, so I have a couple questions. For starters, the passive shield is tied to his subconscious calculation speeds, correct? I heard that it wasn't, but I can't imagine it working any other way. Second, if it is, does the amount of different vectors coming at him matter? For example, if his calculation speed was 3mph, would he be able to redirect 2 attacks going at 2 mph that hit his shield at the exact same time? In my mind, whether he does both at the same time, or one after the other, he would logically need to have a calculation speed of at least 4mph. If both of these assertions are true, then his feat of reflecting all UV rays would indicate that his passive reflection, even in his base form, works at billions of times the speed of light, since each ray would have it's own vector to redirect.

You don't measure calculation speed in mph ,but in data per second.

I have only seen the first season of the anime and from what i remember from his headshot scene ,when he was reprogramming the Last Order his passive reflection didn't work.I think his calculation speed can be calced using some reasonable assumptions but it would be hard and possibly pointless.

well, you can split Accelerators powers into Passive and Active.

Accelerators passive power is his reflection, and it requires no effort from accelerators part (it's a filter to let things in), he lets the minimum required things to live on in, and sends everything else away

His passive barrier doesn't require active calculations on his part, like how we breathe while sleeping.

The Active Part of his ability, which uses much, more of his calculation ability is when he directly manipulates vectors himself. for example controlling the Air in Academy city and compressing it to create plasma, or controlling Last orders brain, or creating tornadoes to fly around on, etc etc.

Does the amount of vectors affect his barrier? eh, kinda, if he cannot fully comprehend attacks, and they come in large numbers it may get through like Gabriel's sweep which was billions of attacks at once. (this was of a magical/divine origin, he was able to lessen the damage with his ability but it was still doing considerable damage because of his lack of magic knowledge) However if he completely understands how the vector came to exist and all it's variables, I would say it does not matter

Active and passive calculations should likely be taken seperate as LordAizenSama said.

And what is the passive calculation speed? Hard to say in the sense of Calculations per second.

If we interpret him redirecting light as one photon at a time, then its very high. We can likely interpret him redirecting heat as one molecule at a time, but what would that be per second?

Hard to really judge. Increadibly high is all one can actually say, so we sould likely do it like we do with reaction speed: Since he reflects lightbased stuff lets for now just say base "calculation speed" will be enough for all lightspeed attacks.

I agree, there's a world of diference from Accel's passive calculations, which are just him inverting the vectors of anything harmful; to Accel's active calculations, especially when he's doing something more complex and calculation intensive like erasing the virus in Last Order's brain or manipulating wind to create plasma. As DontTalk said it's probably best to simply go by him casually reflecting light even after his brain damage.

DontTalk said:
Active and passive calculations should likely be taken seperate as LordAizenSama said.
And what is the passive calculation speed? Hard to say in the sense of Calculations per second.

If we interpret him redirecting light as one photon at a time, then its very high. We can likely interpret him redirecting heat as one molecule at a time, but what would that be per second?

Hard to really judge. Increadibly high is all one can actually say, so we sould likely do it like we do with reaction speed: Since he reflects lightbased stuff lets for now just say base "calculation speed" will be enough for all lightspeed attacks.
He could just redirect the air molecules to make a deflecting "surface" and change the direction of the light though. Pretty sure it cost way less than directly control the vector of the light (otherwise we could have seen him using laser all the damn time)

His refliction is based on direction,he would have to calculate a lot if it were based on magnitude.he uses minimal calculations for his refliction as stated in the book. It is very clear to me it has no limit but it has a lot of weaknesses.

Andykhang said:
He could just redirect the air molecules to make a deflecting "surface" and change the direction of the light though. Pretty sure it cost way less than directly control the vector of the light (otherwise we could have seen him using laser all the damn time)
The thing is accel reflection work by passively revert harmful object to oposite direction. Since air molecule isn't considered as harmful, the reflection will not do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back