• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality Questions

Is it possible for an entire verse to function under the idea that time paradoxes are impossible? Essentially giving everyone in the verse Type 1 Acausality by default due to how the verse works

Why isn't Type 2 Acausality separated? For example, two separate types of Acausality, one for existing in the past but not having a future and another for the opposite.

If a character has Type 2 Acausality but other characters in the verse have prior knowledge and even memories of said character, does that make the character having Type 2 Acausality invalid?

Last edited:
Is it possible for an entire verse to function under the idea that time paradoxes are impossible? Essentially giving everyone in the verse Type 1 Acausality by default due to how the verse works
Dragon Ball kinda of works like that as any changes made through history simply results in the formation of a new timeline the previous time line is not affected by it but it doesn't gives them type 1 acausality

Dragon Ball kinda of works like that as any changes made through history simply results in the formation of a new timeline the previous time line is not affected by it but it doesn't gives them type 1 acausality
Why?

I think is because is a verse mechanic rather than a character immunity, in dbz's terms they are just protected by spacetime avoiding paradoxes themselves, but someone with acausality type 1 would be immune no matter what cosmology they are in.

Yeah it should.

Probably, depends on the characters remembering him

If I were to guess, it'd probably have to be explicitly stated that the individuals themselves are immune to paradoxes. If it's impossible because of some universal law present in the verse, then I don't think they should have Type 1.

Why isn't Type 2 Acausality separated? For example, two separate types of Acausality, one for existing in the past but not having a future and another for the opposite.
Probably to kill two birds with one stone, if I was to guess. But I'm not entirely sure.
If a character has Type 2 Acausality but other characters in the verse have prior knowledge and even memories of said character, does that make the character having Type 2 Acausality invalid?
I don't think so. That's just their perception of the character. For example, Character A fights/encounters/does whatever with Character B who has Type 2 Acausality. Character A thinks back on it five years later. A thinks he's remembering a past version of B, but it was B's present existence that they're actually recalling, just one that was five years ago.

Back