• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hello! Could someone inform me whether an autocausal event (causing itself) qualifies as acausal type 4 or 5?

definitely not type 5
idk about type 4 because it is about irregularity it could be

It could be more in line with Type 2 since if present self caused itself or future self caused its past
the present and future self lacking or not being connected to their past could do some paradoxical events such as causing itself

Type 4 is very likely , but not type 2 i think
So, type 2 I think does not fit because even type 2 can be influenced by external causes to come into being, while the self-caused event does not need an external cause to exist. For example, in physics a photon at the speed of light experiences time at zero, there is no passage of time for a photon. It's as if time has frozen and therefore there is no past or future, only an 'eternal now'. Despite this, a photon is not independent of a cause to exist, after all, its existence depends on a causal event, such as the excitation of an atom that emits the photon itself. A self-caused event, on the other hand, does not depend on any chain of causality to exist, it simply exists by itself. I think this is more inclined towards type 4 acausality, although type 5 acausality apparently is unlikely with this.

If you're talking about self-caused in the sense of being Eternal and always has been. then it can be Type 5 depending on how elaborate one explains it. being eternal on its own isn't enough as it can just be being outside a normal causality

If you're talking about self-caused in the sense of being Eternal and always has been. then it can be Type 5 depending on how elaborate one explains it. being eternal on its own isn't enough as it can just be being outside a normal causality
It's more on this side. Although I am aware that being eternal does not automatically grant acausality, I think it only grants type 1 immortality by default. But giving more context to what I am talking about:
A non-place? An atopos? Could the Big Bang be an atopos? "Certainly. What else?" However, an atopos that behaves as a mirror image to the atopos of Thez: for while Thez preserves all the information of this universe, the Primordial Autocausal Event – the so-called Big Bang – erases all the information accumulated by the predecessor universe.
The world was exhausted. The High Powers knew of universes that, at the end of their time, collapsed in on themselves. There, the arrow of time reversed. The old renewed itself inexorably. Everything converged into a single moment and then plunged into something even smaller, below the point, below time. And a Primordial Autocausal Event opened up a new cosmos.
In this phase of uncertainty during the Big Bang, there was neither life nor death, neither order nor chaos; there was only pure being in the vastness of cosmic nature. This total darkness practically represented the primordial state of the universe; it was the mathematical point where all mass was concentrated, a point without spatial extent or temporal duration, a state in which the protective enveloping function of depth did not yet exist. In this darkness, there was no where, no when; space and time were reduced to meaningless concepts.
Briefly, that's it. I wonder if this qualifies as type 4 acausality or something like that?

Back