• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About youtube

The Universal truth is that every Vs debating community hates every other community. You just hear more hate about us because this wiki is the biggest community out there, so the topic of "Is VSB good" comes up way more often than "Is Comicvine good" or "Is Spacebattles good". Another reason is because only this wiki visualizes that it believes in, through profiles. You know what this wiki believes in by looking at the profile, while on other sites you have to dig deep and talk with prominent figures on other communities to know what they scale. Its basically just easier to shit on VSB.

Tl;dr: People talk more about us and its easier to form a opinion about us, thus we are more prone to get hate.

The Universal truth is that every Vs debating community hates every other community. You just hear more hate about us because this wiki is the biggest community out there, so the topic of "Is VSB good" comes up way more often than "Is Comicvine good" or "Is Spacebattles good". Another reason is because only this wiki visualizes that it believes in, through profiles. You know what this wiki believes in by looking at the profile, while on other sites you have to dig deep and talk with prominent figures on other communities to know what they scale. Its basically just easier to shit on VSB.

Tl;dr: People talk more about us and its easier to form a opinion about us, thus we are more prone to get hate.
That must be hard to deal with

Once you realise that scaling and debating is heavily opiniated and influenced by standards based on each community (We may accept something as a feat while Comicvine would not and vice versa) you will stop to care althogether about what others say about the wiki. In a perfect world everyone would just stop giving a shit about what their neighbor thinks and focus on ironing out their own scalings and debates but this is no perfect world.

Yeah, all Vs debating communities are very toxic and even the very concept of it is. But VSBW is IMO the best of the worst; because we make an effort to make a giant list of profiles with a giant list of balanced details to index, and mostly simple and easy to read tiering system, various stats with even those stats having sub categories. It makes debating a lot easier, but it's also makes it easier for haters to attack us. When on other communities, people either don't hate it solely because they can get away with a lot more bad shady stuff there compared to here, or if they do hate it, it's harder to explain why as far as profile/character indexing is concerned. There's also the fact that our wiki actually forbids shit talking other communities in great length while other communities literally allow people to shit talk other communities as much as they want; which IMO actually shows who the real good guys are assuming there are any.

Though admittedly, there are other wikis that have potential to be just as enjoyable as this one; mostly because it's the same premise and some people offer more freedom. And even people from this wiki can be too hard on other wikis that took inspiration from this wiki; and it's no surprise if some of those wikis can be more up to date with certain niche verses here. But for the most part, this is the place I stick to; it's just the most organized, up to date, inspirational, and reliable for the most part out there.

I agree. To me this site feels more convenient for looking at the profiles with logical tiering. Plus there are no downplays nor wanks on this site.

Reactions: Sus
Plus there are no downplays nor wanks on this site.
lrr28ohcbln31.jpg

I think a bit of the hatred for VBW stems from people who take debating seriously or feel a specific passion to a verse which they feel is downplayed or wanked and they feel the need to attack those who disagree.
Now tbf I'd be lying if I didn't say I myself have disagreements on certain verses and their tiering and don't lie, I'm sure others here are the same but it doesn't excuse being a jerk to others about others not having the same views.

Back