• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About TWEWY, The Noise, and Soul Manipulation

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Right, so as one of the few people who recognize that TWEWY even exists, I feel the need to rectify a very large ability omission from TWEWY characters, and as you can see from the title, it's Soul Manipulation.

Now, why would TWEWY characters get this ability? Well, this has to do with their primary enemies in the game, the Noise. Now, despite the TWEWY wiki being a secondary source for this information, they do a pretty good job summarizing my main point within the first sentence of their page on the Noise, stating:

"Noise are a race of beings, summoned physical forms from a Soul bound to a Pin, incarnated between the Underground and Realground planes of Shibuya."

Essentially, the Noise are composed of Soul, just as everything in both the UG and the RG are composed of it. And anyone who can fight Noise, like Players or Reapers, should have Soul Manipulation for being able to interact with the Noise. Or heck, even by fighting each other would give them good reason for this, as they themselves are Souls as well.

Currently, I'm gonna attempt to get a compiled list of all of Neku's Pins put together so all of his abilities can be written down, but this is the elephant in the room, and I wanted it out of the way.

If they are the physical forms of a soul, I don't think fighting them would give anyone soul manipulation

Hm, fair enough. However, while this does kick the Players from getting this, I suppose at least the Reapers should get Soul Manipulation, since they're the ones who are able to convert the souls of fallen Players into Noise, and furthermore through some process never really shown in the game, are also able to convert the Noise into Pins that all of the Reapers use, which is a direct act of Soul Manipulation. Reapers are also able to summon packs of Noise and have them attack players, but that's probably Summoning, if anything.

This means that Sho Minamimoto would likely be the only one benefitting from this at the time being. However, it's likely that Joshua may also have access to this in his Composer key, being comparable and superior to other high-ranking Reapers such as Megumi Kitaniji.

Great, I'll add that to those two profiles.

Also, the TWEWY profiles are seriously in dire need of just plain cleanup. But that's a subject for a different day.

Wait, Noise Creation is already listed under Sho as Matter Manipulation, and it's probably how Joshua has it as well.

Should I replace it with Soul Manipulation, since creating the Noise is an act of manipulating souls, not matter?

Back