• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Tier 10 Durability

I agree that while it can be somewhat confusing at face-value, common sense is key.

(Ignoring how energy disperses) For a base-ball bat being 9-C, I personally believe that should only apply to durability for the simple reason that someone can swing a bat with 50J energy behind it while someone else could reach the 400+J cap. We should not say that a person has Street durability if someone were to tank a bat swing to the head, unless we clearly see someone unphased while an aluminum bat bends or breaks after making contact.

In the case for a bullet, if it enters the body and even passes through it, then obviously, the person does not have 9-C durability as he clearly did not tank the shot. But if the bullet stops at the skin while carrying the full KE, then clearly the person has the durability to withstand the shot.

I know that the above was explained to some degree by some users and staff, but I wanted to give my opinion on the matter.

Well, given the piercing damage, I think that it requires considerably more than 9-C durability for bullets to bounce off.

Bullets bouncing off your body is 9-B.

And to be completely bulleproof, i.e, no bullet caliber can hurt you, you have to be 8-C or so, there was an OBD calc.

And it's because of things like these that "Died to bullets" really shouldn't ever be used as an argument to downgrade characters, because they are simply not as impressive or powerful as writers think they are.

The difference between the various types of damage such as "piercing", "blunt" and "slashing" is just the area of impact. There is no such a thing as greater resistance to blunt damage (Except in fictional works), it is a simple matter of energy distribution over a larger/smaller area of damage. Like, an hypothetical punch could have 500 J worth of energy, and a bullet could carry the same value. In the punch, the total energy would be divided by, say, 20 cm of impact, while the bullet would focus all those 500 J against 1 cm of flesh.

Just an example, but it does point out what I'm trying to say.

@Matthew Okay.

@EliminatorVenom I am aware of this, yes.

To be frank, a bullet is way overkill. It would solo 99999/100000 humans. Very few would actually survive a headshot or shot to an organ from any mid range 9-C .

10-A, is 10-B but you could take, mathematically like, a bit more hurt. Instead of an Athlete's punch insta-killing you, you would, at worst be knocked out, but it wouldn't kill you, AKA go above your durability "tier".

Hope that helps if anyone else was still kind of confused.

Back