• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About This Lightning Feat

I mean I’d recommend first finding out if this feat is even valid for scaling to the total energy of a lightning bolt in the first place as like I said I believe we have strict standards when it comes to that.
Do you know how we would determine that?

As I said, I am really iffy on this part, as it does not sound resistance at all. Durability sounds more reasonable.
Funny enough but this Lightning Strike should probably classify as a Side Flash strike rather than a direct strike for its effects on the body due to the fact that the actual bolt of lightning is hitting in one direction but is able to spread to multiple people in a different direction.

This means that the current is flowing through the body for longer periods of time which causes more burns to occur and cells to heat up which would explain the noticeable smoke and burn marks rising from them after they’ve been struck.
What about this argument for heat resistance @Dread?

Do you know how we would determine that?
Here I find this on the lightning page on vs battles.

To quote:

The energy of electricity can directly be calculated if its current and electrical potential difference is known.

If the current is a ampere and the electrical potential difference is v volt, then the power of the lightning is given as a*v J/s. Usually 1 second of this is addressed to the AP, unless the electrical flow couldn't be sustained for that long.

It should be noted that for real electricity enduring a lightning strike usually doesn't require durability equal to the lightnings full energy. There are two reasons for that:

1. The lightning will usually take only a certain path through the body. Along that path there can be strong burns, but the rest can be largely unaffected.
  2. The lightning doesn't discharge its entire energy in the human body. It will usually also heat up the air and pass on into the ground where its energy disperses. The amount of energy lightning produces in form of heat when flowing through is largely determined by the objects electrical resistance.
Due to this, and possibly other factors, it is for example possible for humans to survive being hit by lightning, even though an average normal lightning contains approximately 1.6 billion Joules. The energy of secondary effects that lightning might cause, can in some cases fully apply on the other hand.

The energy of electricity can directly be calculated if its current and electrical potential difference is known.

If the current is a ampere and the electrical potential difference is v volt, then the power of the lightning is given as a*v J/s. Usually 1 second of this is addressed to the AP, unless the electrical flow couldn't be sustained for that long.
I think this part is what we have to determine.

Unfortunately, this is where my usefulness stops, as I have no clue what to do next lol.

I guess we can try contact calc members to determine whether or not it's calculable.

Does anyone know a calc member that's knowledgeable in calculating these kinds of lightning feats (besides KLOL)?

I’ll be real and say I don’t think this strike would scale to durability because there isn’t enough evidence they actually absorbed the total energy of the strike and even if they did it would have to be divided by the number of people struck by it too.

The regular lightning resistances should’ve good though.

Either way I'm happy if the resistances get added, or the feat actually gets calc'd.

I would then be able to flex the fact that Johnny and Dukey can resist heat that's hotter than the surface of the Sun lel.

They have nothing to do with durability.
Kinda expected that?

So what about the arguments Mait made for heat and electricity resistance?

Funny enough but this Lightning Strike should probably classify as a Side Flash strike rather than a direct strike for its effects on the body due to the fact that the actual bolt of lightning is hitting in one direction but is able to spread to multiple people in a different direction.

This means that the current is flowing through the body for longer periods of time which causes more burns to occur and cells to heat up which would explain the noticeable smoke and burn marks rising from them after they’ve been struck.
I mean if they’re that much smaller then that means their cells should be that much smaller too which means it should take less time for the lightning to heat up the comparatively smaller cells than it would for the regular larger cells.
Yeah it should be. It would more likely explain the visible burn marks across their entire bodies.

Basically the lightning is taking more time to travel inside their bodies while their bodies should naturally be heating up faster due to their small size.

Should be valid heat resistance in this particular case.

Then I'll just put them on the list of people that agree.

Unfortunately, the fandom is blocked on my laptop (it's stupid I know) so someone else will have to add the heat and electricity resistance to his profile.

Then I'll just put them on the list of people that agree.

Unfortunately, the fandom is blocked on my laptop (it's stupid I know) so someone else will have to add the heat and electricity resistance to his profile.
If you give justification and scans, I can add it right now. Please link the profile character.

Ya need to add references with the episode number + name
I tried doing them before, and I have no clue how to do it.

Even then the website is blocked, so I couldn't do it regardless.

Do you want me to give the episode name + number and tell someone else to add the reference (if that's the case, then everything on Johnny and Dukey's profile needs references, and that'll be very, very time consuming).

Peak goonery from me btw.

But of course, I do have to give hella thanks to Maitreya-sama and Dread-sama for helping me out here!

Back