• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About This Lightning Feat

RandomGuy2345

He/Him

In the following feat, Johnny, Dukey, and their subatomic versions of themselves survive a lightning strike.

Now of course, you might see this as your average lightning bolt, but I got some evidence here that might prove otherwise.

The lightning strike burnt the ground, and the crew were relatively fine after it, receiving only scars, as well as smoke coming out from behind them, which very well may justify them taking the heat of the lightning.

Not only that, there's a legit statement from that exact same episode stating that the lightning was trying to eradicate them. The lightning was even shown destroying their house.

So based off this, this is some tough ass lightning, and it isn't your average bolt.

So my main question is whether or not Johnny and Dukey would get a resistance to electricity/heat manip.

Agree: 2 (@Maitreya, @KingTempest)

Neutral: 1 (@Dread)

Disagree:

Last edited:
Funny enough but this Lightning Strike should probably classify as a Side Flash strike rather than a direct strike for its effects on the body due to the fact that the actual bolt of lightning is hitting in one direction but is able to spread to multiple people in a different direction.

This means that the current is flowing through the body for longer periods of time which causes more burns to occur and cells to heat up which would explain the noticeable smoke and burn marks rising from them after they’ve been struck.

Funny enough but this Lightning Strike should probably classify as a Side Flash strike rather than a direct strike for its effects on the body due to the fact that the actual bolt of lightning is hitting in one direction but is able to spread to multiple people in a different direction.

This means that the current is flowing through the body for longer periods of time which causes more burns to occur and cells to heat up which would explain the noticeable smoke and burn marks rising from them after they’ve been struck.
So even more justifications for heat resistance :devilish:

Wait if they’re subatomic doesn’t that mean that it takes less time for their cells to heat up as well?

Either way ye I agree

Wait if they’re subatomic doesn’t that mean that it takes less time for their cells to heat up as well?
In the episode, Johnny and Dukey shrunk themselves to a subatomic size, and they end up meeting the subatomic versions of themselves.

So yes, Johnny and Dukey were at a subatomic size when they got struck.

Is that a good or bad thing?

I mean if they’re that much smaller then that means their cells should be that much smaller too which means it should take less time for the lightning to heat up the comparatively smaller cells than it would for the regular larger cells.

I mean if they’re that much smaller then that means their cells should be that much smaller too which means it should take less time for the lightning to heat up the comparatively smaller cells than it would for the regular larger cells.
So a good thing?

Yeah it should be. It would more likely explain the visible burn marks across their entire bodies.

Basically the lightning is taking more time to travel inside their bodies while their bodies should naturally be heating up faster due to their small size.

Should be valid heat resistance in this particular case.

Minor Resistance could work I suppose, given the obvious burn marks.

Oh in case I don't have to tell you, this wouldn't scale to durability because

1. Johnny is way too far from the source of the lightning AKA energy negged due to resistance from air and other materials

2. Johnny is grounded AKA lightning dissipates safely into the ground

Also since the lightning was explicitly stated by Johnny's sisters that it was trying to eradicate them, wouldn't it be different from your average lightning strike? Especially since I showed proof of how much damage the lightning does (it destroyed their house).

What about @Maitreya's arguments? Are they false?
Also if it is a minor resistance, how hot would the lightning be?
Also since the lightning was explicitly stated by Johnny's sisters that it was trying to eradicate them, wouldn't it be different from your average lightning strike? Especially since I showed proof of how much damage the lightning does (it destroyed their house).
@KLOL506?

I don't want to sound to be nitpicking, but I will try my best to avoid by just asking the question. Are you sure that both lightning strikes (the one they got and the other one) are equivalent same? Since it sounds that the lightning strike (the second one) is greater than the other one.

Also for resistance purpose, as I see in the video, there is one that destroyed the floor, and they avoided it quickly. I would not call it resistance honestly, rather low degree of resistance.

Again, I am not trying to nitpick, but I needed to comment on this detail as I find it fair to note.

If you're referring to this, it was a very obvious laser strike from those weird looking monsters.

I don't want to sound to be nitpicking, but I will try my best to avoid by just asking the question. Are you sure that both lightning strikes (the one they got and the other one) are equivalent same? Since it sounds that the lightning strike (the second one) is greater than the other one.
I think the lightning strike that destroyed the house was supposed to be a demonstration for how powerful the lightning was. It would make sense since the lightning was trying to "eradicate" them, so the lightning would have to be pretty damn powerful.

I think the lightning strike that destroyed the house was supposed to be a demonstration for how powerful the lightning was. It would make sense since the lightning was trying to "eradicate" them, so the lightning would have to be pretty damn powerful.
I think this is solid justification for electricity resistance.

Of course, heat resistance is a bit more complicated, but I think from what I've shown, I think I can make a decent enough case for it.

If you're referring to this, it was a very obvious laser strike from those weird looking monsters.

Oh, this is from the monster? Alright, I am mistaken. Apologies.
I would argue for durability rather resistance. It is my opinion, tho. Since they took some pretty effect and damage, so I would not call it resistance. But nevertheless, you can argue that human being can survive those and yet has no resistance.

So I will stay neutral on this thread. For heat resistance, you need to calculate for that.

I would argue for durability rather resistance. It is my opinion, tho. Since they took some pretty effect and damage, so I would not call it resistance. But nevertheless, you can argue that human being can survive those and yet has no resistance.
Really? Because from what I've seen from other lightning-related threads (check the one for MHA), you can make an argument for electricity resistance.

Unless we potentially calculate the amount of force it took to destroy that house.

I am neutral on this. Yap. Thanks for understanding me. I mean, they took a massive effect to the point I won't really call it resistance, rather durability.

I’m pretty sure we have very strict standards here on scaling the total amount of energy a lightning bolt dishes put to a characters’ AP/durability because a human being doesn’t fully absorb the energy the lightning bolt gives.

A lightning bolt already carries a very large amount of energy in of itself and it doesn’t like completely eviscerate houses like it did in the show, so if it was to account for their durability I guess you gotta first find out how much energy is needed for a lightning bolt to just destroy a house like that lol.

A lightning bolt already carries a very large amount of energy in of itself and it doesn’t like completely eviscerate houses like it did in the show, so if it was to account for their durability I guess you gotta first find out how much energy is needed for a lightning bolt to just destroy a house like that lol.
I'm assuming it would get very good results right?

Like, far above the normal AP of an IRL lightning strike?

An average lightning bolt has like 1-2 billion joules of energy behind it and those things aren’t like popping off the roofs to medium sized homes so yeah probably.

I’m pretty sure we have very strict standards here on scaling the total amount of energy a lightning bolt dishes put to a characters’ AP/durability because a human being doesn’t fully absorb the energy the lightning bolt gives.

I assume this still can be calculated. Also, the house seems to be much wooden (typical house in US). I think this can be calculated, tho.

I mean I’d recommend first finding out if this feat is even valid for scaling to the total energy of a lightning bolt in the first place as like I said I believe we have strict standards when it comes to that.

Back