• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the monsters in Yu-Gi-Oh!...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so it's been a while since I've seen/read Yu-Gi-Oh!, but what is the deal with the monsters in the series? I get that they are cards and that the Duel Discs create holographic projections of them, but sometimes they seem to be able to attack/interact with real people or environments? Is this because of the Millenium Items or activating the Shadow Games? Is there a clear answer or explanation to this?

Really? There's no clearly defined reason? I think in the earlier parts of the manga, Yugi claimed it was because of the Shadow Games and Pegasus was also able to do this to fight Yugi through the T.V. What other ways are used?

Ryu-Kishin and Blackland Fire Dragon alive
Yugi bringing the monsters to life.

Dark Yugi VS Pegasus - TV
Yugi's duel with Pegasus.

The reason depends on version, arc, season, and universe. Or are you only referring to the original series?

Oh, I'm referring to the original Manga all the way to Millenium World. Basically just Yugi's story, not GX or 5D's.

In that case, it would depend, but it really boiled down to Shadow Game magic and duels. Though some characters at some points could manifest them in the real world outside of a duel.

O'k, so it is due to Shadow magic. Question though, are the monsters always bound by their appropriate games rules, or can they be manifested whenever a Shadow-user may wish?

Really just boiled down to Shadow Games and the power of the Millennium Items IIRC, admittedly, I'm not as much of a expert on DM as Duel Terminal or ARC-V, but there are a few threads on this subject that have pretty much discussed to death and back, so I'll go with that. Sorry if you were looking for something better, but in all honesty the series doesn't address it well.

THanks for that, the reason I was asking is because everyone knows the series doesn't really address it so I just wanted clarity, but yeah, I assumed it was due to the Millenium Items/The Shadow Games.

Prana should indeed be a universal/cosmic level threat that Manga Atem should scale to and Capsule Monsters has multiple feats includding summoning 100% real monsters that should put Yugi in the 4-C / 4-A range.

Also, In GX, Yugi's deck creates an alternate space time to duel Jaden in.

Back