• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Could we count feats are pokemon in mystery dungeon as part of their main profiles or would we count them as their own verse?

What feats are we looking at?

The Mystery Dungeon series takes place in a seperate universe from the main series where the mechanics are vastly different, including stats. I find it hard to argue that the species should have the same level of power as their coutnerparts in the main series, even if they are technically the same.

I do know, though, who the God tier will be if it ends up being a seperate verse.

It doesn't matter. So does the implied Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon Omega Ruby, but we still count them as real showings for Pokemon overall.

Pokemon is a multiverse, and that's all there is to it. I'm about to use that claim with the characters in Digimon and whatnot because this stuff is getting silly.

Davy0 said:
It doesn't matter. So does the implied Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Pokemon Omega Ruby, but we still count them as real showings for Pokemon overall.

Pokemon is a multiverse, and that's all there is to it. I'm about to use that claim with the characters in Digimon and whatnot because this stuff is getting silly.
so the feats are part of a pokemon's real abilities. thanks. that's what i wanted to know.

But wouldn't this put pretty much every Pokémon you can start with at 2-C since they canonically have to defeat Palkya or Dialga in their respective games? I think it would make much more sense to put mystery dungeon as a seperate category on the main Pokemon pages.

Blahblah9755 said:
But wouldn't this put pretty much every Pokémon you can start with at 2-C since they canonically have to defeat Palkya or Dialga in their respective games? I think it would make much more sense to put mystery dungeon as a seperate category on the main Pokemon pages.
so how do you suppose we scale mystery dungeon?

Blahblah9755 said:
those feets probably shouldn't count as that's a pretty big outlier. but other things preformed by specific pokemon as those seem less impossible to properly disser

well for mystery dungeon they aren't as you can fight dialga multiple times and then fight palkia. but only the canon fights should count. meaning only the main pokemon and main partners should count.

Squid peanut said:
I haven't played much in terms of mystery dungeon, is there any unique power held by those two
well by story canon only the player and partner fight dialga, palkia, and others. in the first games only the player and partner fight and injure a non-mega rayquaza. in the 3rd one. i forgot what they did. the new one that should be out soon has some intense stuff such as fighting giratina.

so if we want we could have a special thing for this kind of pokemon as it seems they don't represent their species as a whole

Squid peanut said:
so if we want we could have a special thing for this kind of pokemon as it seems they don't represent their species as a whole
yeah as it is a world without humans. so this could be scales like any other rpg.

nah i'd say 3-B to 3-A. if that. at least 5-B imo if it's an outlier to a point.

Squid peanut said:
okay, just was going off of a previous comment that said 2-C
2-C would be too high. see i want a good conclusion and 2-C is completely unreasonable. rayquaza may be a good scale. as a low ball consensus. so i'd say 6-B for the first game. At least 5-B for game 2. i forgot about game 3. and all i've seen of game 4 they fight giratina. so i'd say 5-B at least.

This also means that the feats of Rayquaza from Blue and Red Rescue Team can be calced. (Smokes an imaginary cigar)

So are we gonna consider explorers of space and time to be inconsistent then since it would put them at 2C, if so that seems fair, I just want to make sure I'm on the same page.

First off, the player character Pokemon is "special" in that it's far stronger than its normal counterparts so that meakes sense. He grows stronger and is even commented as such multiple times in multiple series of Mystery Dungeon, that's not a problem.

The player characters are different across the series. They will be what they are commented as "defeating" with their strength in the main game.

But since they defeated the literal embodiments of space and time, shouldn't they be 2-C, at the very least they should be high 3A since it theoretically should be impossible for a 3A being to defeat a 2C being

I don't recall anything being said about the player Pokemon and their partner actually being stronger than other Pokemon. What was special about the player Pokemon is that they had the ability to use the Dimensional Scream to predict the future or see the past by touching objects or other Pokemon.

As for Dialga and Palka, defeating Dialga would be a feat limited to the player and their partner anyway since the Hidden Land does not allow anyone but the player Pokemon and partner Pokemon to enter (and Grovyle, but he's out of the picture before you reach Temporal Tower). Post-game Spacial Rift is open to all, though, meaning Palkia could technically be defeated by anyone.

However, the player Pokemon and their partner are clearly 3-dimensional, and as such by our standards should not be capable of damaging or affecting a 4-dimensional being or a being with powers over universal dimensional framework such as Dialga or Palkia.

Unclechairman said:
I don't recall anything being said about the player Pokemon and their partner actually being stronger than other Pokemon. What was special about the player Pokemon is that they had the ability to use the Dimensional Scream to predict the future or see the past by touching objects or other Pokemon.
As for Dialga and Palka, defeating Dialga would be a feat limited to the player and their partner anyway since the Hidden Land does not allow anyone but the player Pokemon and partner Pokemon to enter (and Grovyle, but he's out of the picture before you reach Temporal Tower). Post-game Spacial Rift is open to all, though, meaning Palkia could technically be defeated by anyone.

However, the player Pokemon and their partner are clearly 3-dimensional, and as such by our standards should not be capable of damaging or affecting a 4-dimensional being or a being with powers over universal dimensional framework such as Dialga or Palkia.
yet they did multiple times. primal dialga and palkia. both who were bloodlusted.

There are many seemingly three dimensional beings capable of 4 dimensional power. I don't see why it should be different in the case of the player and partner.

Blahblah9755 said:
There are many seemingly three dimensional beings capable of 4 dimensional power. I don't see why it should be different in the case of the player and partner.
for example Seiya and the lake trio. who are also fought.

for example Seiya and the lake trio. who are also fought.

Even Dialga and Palkia themselves appear three dimensional to those who don't know better. Unless there's something stating that they're three dimensional, then they could hypothetically exist on any dimension, and just have a 3D appearance.

Back