• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About hurricanes, etc.

Hi guys, I agree with everything what is written in the calculation page, but I can't understand, why is someone gives level for the physical overpowering any kind of character, who can generate hurricanes, storms, thunders with his magic or whatever. How does this shit work? Please explain this thing to me.

In some cases, characters use the same source of power they use to create hurricanes for their physical abilities as well.
I think this is idiotic. One of those types of calculations that should be removed, characters are usually much stronger than they should be logically. It is the moments with the creation of thunderstorms that the authors really do not care about absolutely.

Hurricanes and similar phenomena are considered to be Environmental Destruction, so they do not scale to other stats. And I known its a common practice, but I personally wouldn't scale it to other stats even if it share the same source of energy, and rather than scale one simply should find another feat.

Yeah, I personally held issue with Esdeath being given full scaling to her storm she creates after literally needing to absorb a ton of hee own creations for a, what I considered, to be a pretty evident non-standard amp she can't just always do but uh, she got it anyways and won her fight in DB.

I really don't see the logic in scaling characters to City simply because their influence attracted some dark clouds and then them NOT displaying anywhere close to that power level from then on. I guess you can scale their "magic" or "aura" to the feat but eh. It's always been an iffy thing for me.

Back