• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Goku's Speed

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
Wouldn't he be realtivstic earlier? I am assuming the feat that makes him in the quadruple digits in speed during the Saiya-Jin Saga was with Piccolo blasting the Moon (Which is mach 1535.0654). Assuming Goku's speed was the same in the Saiya-Jin Saga, he still would have gotten a speed-boost from 100x gravity, according to DBZ Volume 8

"Forced to ally with Vegeta against their common enemy, Gohan and Kuririn fight desperately against Freeza's elite troops, the seemingly unstoppable Ginyu Force! But the tables may be turning as Son Goku finally arrives on Planet Namek, his strength and speed increased ten-fold by training under 100 times Earth's gravity! Could Goku have become the legendary "Super Saiyan"!? And even if they defeat Captain Ginyu, can they prevent Freeza from wishing for immortality on the Dragon Balls - and Vegeta from betraying them and doing the same?"

His speed would at least be
mach 15,350.654 by the Namek Saga, which is already Sub-Relativistic. With the speed boost he gets from his Zenkai (I do not know how big it is), and his Kaio-Ken and Super Saiya-Jin, wouldn't he be relativistic by the Freeza Saga?

If we don't count the lasers and Goku dodging solar flare thing, I agree with him being relativistic in Freeza saga.

i found this on a interview

Nirazaki: There have been many changes since the Saiya-jins came to earth. Do you ever think about the progress?

Toriyama-san: Yes I do. Doragonboru has come a long way. They went from running at super speed to moving at the speed of light! (Laughs)

the probability of being fake is 85 %

Soul01 said:
i found this on a interview
Nirazaki: There have been many changes since the Saiya-jins came to earth. Do you ever think about the progress?

Toriyama-san: Yes I do. Doragonboru has come a long way. They went from running at super speed to moving at the speed of light! (Laughs)
I saw that on Neoseeker, the next few comments stated they did not think that was from a real interview

Does what I said sound like sound enough proof? Or would that quote just be thrown out? It is stated on Dragon Ball Volume 24 (DBZ Volume 8)

there was a forum about this on kanzenshuu and most of them agreed that it was fake ,considering the answer toriyama made were not the real toriyama would made

Nah I say your quote is legit. I think we should ignore that interview since we do not know if that's real or fake.

Assuming Goku's travel speed increases proportionally, and using the fact that he got at least 2x faster, his base form would be mach 30,701.308. Assuming SSJ is also only a 25x speed multiplier. His combat speed as a SSJ would be mach 767,532.7, or 0.87c.

I do not know how much faster Goku got by the Cell Saga, but assuming he trained deep in the Room of Spirit of Time (Which slowly increases gravity) he might have surpassed 350g (What Vegeta trained on). So if I multiply his speed during the Freeza Saga by 3.5, his combat speed as a MSSJ would be mach 2,686,364.45, or 3.045c.

Does this seem to high or inconsistent?

RouninOtaku said:
@FanofRPGs: The problem is that there are assumptions in there which need to be proven.
I am completely unsure if his combat speed increases proportionally with his travel speed

The 25x SSJ multiplier is a low end that assumes SSJ is more about strength, the 2x boost from his Zenkai is also a low end as he obviously gets much more faster than just that. The number I got was a lowball.

Well, theres no real need for a low end when SS has a given multiplier that increases all stats.

Then as a SSJ during the Freeza Saga he has a speed of mach 1,535,065.4 or 1.74c and MSSJ Goku has a speed of mach 5,372,728.9 or 6.09c.

Sheoth, does this seem reasonable enough or is there too many assumptions?

maybe i should have read the thread before saying what i did, my bad

when producing a calc make it in a blog post then ask the calculation group and admins to overlook it

so ill delete your post in the calc request thread, trust me this is my fault not yours

Where do I ask them? Via a personal message? Which part of the calc crew does DBZ?

The problem with assuming that a power level increase results in linearly proportionate amounts of speed is that a doubked speed level results in 4 times as much energy for low levels, and goes towards infinity when it approaches the speed of light. Using simple multipliers for this seems basically useless without explicit proof of speed levels.

Antvasima said:
The problem with assuming that a power level increase results in linearly proportionate amounts of speed is that a doubked speed level results in 4 times as much energy for low levels, and goes towards infinity when it approaches the speed of light. Using simple multipliers for this seems basically useless without explicit proof of speed levels.
I really only made that assumption with Goku's Zenkai, or is the SSJ Multiplier also a problem?

I think so, yes, but it is better to ask Lord Kavpeny about Dragon Ball matters.

@Darkness552:

The "faster than lighting" claim is widely disputed as being either an actual ability learned by Goku, or just some spiritual BS Popo was spewing. In the anime filler, Goku was shown dodging lightning afterwards, but of course, that is simply the anime.

Because all the good showings are left to the anime....

Back