• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Dragon Ball Heroes

Can someone please explain to me why every DBH character has life/ki/energy absorption listed on their profiles? No real source is given, except for the Keysword (which has an untranslated scan) and Chronoa (which just mentions an ability she has with no link to any description of the ability).

I assume it is due to their physiology nature? You need to check it if they have any.
I mean, DBH Goku's page just says that it's because he's a ki user, which I find odd since I don't recall that being a regular ki user trait. Is this something new that DBH introduced for all ki users, and if so, can I see the source?

It also cites him absorbing the spirit bomb which is very sus considering that energy was given willingly :v

I mean, DBH Goku's page just says that it's because he's a ki user, which I find odd since I don't recall that being a regular ki user trait. Is this something new that DBH introduced for all ki users, and if so, can I see the source?

It also cites him absorbing the spirit bomb which is very sus considering that energy was given willingly :v
I will share the thread to DBH supporters.

So canon DBS Goku's profile does mention the energy/ki absorption from the spirit bomb, which I guess works, but there's still no indication that this should scale to anyone and everyone, and especially no indication that these characters (including canon/ CC Goku) can just... absorb energy from other people. The "Can absorb energy/ki/life-force from his opponents" justification is 100% baseless.

Bump
Ex5SWSKWUAArBmn.jpg

I shared the thread link, but they are probably busy with profile creations. Till then, you are sure the verse has no physiology page themselves? Or a page that explains Ki deeply.

Nah, DBH only has 3 physiology pages and none of them explain ki absorption. A lot of ki/energy absorption from GT is unsourced, so maybe that's where it comes from? Although it isn't universal even in that continuity, so :v

It comes from "Draw", which is a pretty common life force draining ability. However,it is true that not everyone has it.

We likely forgot to remove it when we revised the abilities.
Can I see a scan of the ability? I saw a mention of the ability on Chronoa's profile, but as you can imagine, googling "draw dragon ball" isn't giving me the results I want.

EDIT: Nvm, found it. Ability seems alright but definitely shouldn't apply to everyone.

Can someone please explain to me why every DBH character has life/ki/energy absorption listed on their profiles? No real source is given, except for the Keysword (which has an untranslated scan) and Chronoa (which just mentions an ability she has with no link to any description of the ability).
absorption comes due to the Ki is connected directly in the soul of the being, removing all Ki the living being will cease to exist

to sum it all up: Ki in Dragon Ball is the being's own soul, explained in Dragon Ball

absorption comes due to the Ki is connected directly in the soul of the being, removing all Ki the living being will cease to exist

to sum it all up: Ki in Dragon Ball is the being's own soul, explained in Dragon Ball
...Okay, but that doesn't mean everyone can absorb it. That isn't how abilities work.

not everyone, but spirit bomb has already done this, including you can pass Ki to third parties and they can absorb this essence

Tenshinhan nearly died from expending all of his Ki.
Yeah, but that's not absorption. You literally have to ask for people to lend you your energy when using a spirit bomb, and passing ki to third parties is Power Bestowal.

Like, there aren't many examples of people forcefully taking other people's energy. The Draw skill is fine, but not many people can use it.

Back