• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Dewott the epic

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
It has come to my attention for the last several months that User and Founder of FC/OC, Dewott the epic, has been pretty inactive for more than at least half a year since me and SDZiel became admins of the site along with Abbadon the Choas King.

I have made this thread to discuss this issue with you the community on weather or not we should take away Dewott's rights as bureaucrat of this site. Had he done anything wrong at all? No. But the main problem with him is that he's no longer around to help run the very site he founded plus he only left three people around to manage the site and couldn't assigned any one else even if they had ever requested him nor did he bothered to see if anyone else was potentially qualifiable for any mod or admin postions.

So the main basic question is this: Should we take out Dewott the epic's bureaucrat rights for this site as he inacitve and no longer availible to run this site online?

I think so, yeah. He hasn't really been active for a while. I dunno.

Probably should still give him a retired bureaucrat tag, or something.

Promestein said:
I think so, yeah. He hasn't really been active for a while. I dunno.
Probably should still give him a retired bureaucrat tag, or something.
I have put a retired tag in the staffs page. And i really do think he has to have to them taken away. The last time he was physically here was May 25 of last year. And that was it.

Okay, yeah. I agree, then.

I agree with that. Since he was the one who founded the group, I think it would be fair that when he does ever come back to be acttive again, that he should gain his rank again.

LeonRaidenYun said:
I agree with that. Since he was the one who founded the group, I think it would be fair that when he does ever come back to be acttive again, that he should gain his rank again.
Well even if there's a chance he does come back, it probably wouldn't happen for a long while then, Leon. If he ever doesn't show up again, he will likely not regain his rights again.

CrossverseCrisis said:
LeonRaidenYun said:
Well even if there's a chance he does come back, it probably wouldn't happen for a long while then, Leon. If he ever doesn't show up again, he will likely not regain his rights again.

I see, I just thought it'd be fair if he did come back all of a sudden, that he gained back his rank as Leader, unless a majority vote is made, a new leader is selected or he makes some executive decision.

Well i'm just not sure, Leon. I checked all the wiki's on his profile and the last time he was on one of them on the latest was July. After that, he just stopped coming to here or any of the others all together.

We'll just have to see but again in my personal opinion, he needs to have them taken away. I would have contacted him if he agrees to step down but it's just not possible if he's likely not online here on the wikia network anymore. So my only option here Leon, is to create a consensus of sorts on what everyone here thinks on him for this.

I agree with CrossverseCrisis completely.

The lack of contributions is perfectly acceptable for a regular member, but it is very much unsuitable for one of the people with the highest degree of responsibility towards maintaining the wiki, and also leads to other problems.

The lack of activity creates an inability to judge suitable administrators due to his disconnect from FC/OC VS Battles wiki. The potential damage an incorrect Admin decision, no matter how accidental or how short, makes me fear the worst. Should he accidentally appoint completely unsuitable people as administrators, and then leave again, it could create complete chaos, destroy FC/OC VS Battles wiki as it is, and dissolve everything that the members here have worked so hard to build up.

Because of this we think that he should have his bureaucrat rights removed, but need community support for this suggestion to be implemented.

To other members, I understand your sentiments of this being too harsh a step. But FC/OC VS Battles wiki needs to be progressive, not stagnant, and the first step to do that is to look towards the future, and not get caught up in the past.

Simply founding a wiki is not enough to merit a bureaucrat position. Cross worked extremely hard, and had 4000+ contributions before he decided to apply for bureaucracy. In contrast, Dewott has a paltry 20-25 edits.

Dewott will, of course, retain his founder title, but that should be it, IMO. He has not worked for this community enough to bear any sort of position, let alone the position of the highest order.

And then there was 5. Man, if i can get just 3-4 more or so even, i'll send this to the wikia staff and they will handle the rest on Dewott.

i think we need to email him/her first as many people just straight out kick it no how about email him/her then if after like 4 days/1 week then maybe you give a vote then if it's mostly yes then kick him and IF him angry then just say "then why you doesn't reply us?"

I can't contact him as i just said to Leon earlier: He's inactive and no longer online on the wiki network. This is the only thing i could do since i seriosuly doubt he's coming back here.

hmm,welp i guess but you know instead like KICK him out then just give him this title

"HONORABLE MODERATORS/ADMIN" so that we atleast give him shows of respect

Nooneinworld said:
hmm,welp i guess but you know instead like KICK him out then just give him this title
"HONORABLE MODERATORS/ADMIN" so that we atleast give him shows of respect
Perhaps i may do that, Noone. But we'll see how this goes.

So i now have about six people (possible 7 if Noone actually agreed. I can't tell but i'll assume so).

he was previously reluctant to make others admins or bureucrats however he has been inactive for six months which is a long time, so he can be removed i guess

Faisal Shourov said:
he was previously reluctant to make others admins or bureucrats however he has been inactive for six months which is a long time, so he can be removed i guess
And if you ever ask me Faisal (hi there, btw), it's literally impossible for me to do that cause he's been inactive since May. That's over a half a year ago now. On all other wiki's i could spot him in that i've checked, he has not been there for two years.

I could actually contact him here but i doubt he would have answered rite away and idk his email either. So as bad as this may sound, this is the only thing i could possibly have done.

^hello there crossverse, i dont think he would come back because he wasn't too involved with it to begin with. if he had over 100 edits then it could be different but he didn't do anything beside creating the site. however he should still be paid due respect for being site creator

Okay. So now i have 8 people who agree on this. As i've said many times: as bad or harsh as this may be, this is the only thing i gotta do here. Plus as i've also said: i can't contact Dewott on his wall as i seriously doubt he's active on the wiki network anymore nor do i not know his email about this. Once more, this is the only thing i gotta do here regarding him.

Anyone else?

I don't mind one way or the other, but yeah, I don't see the problems with revoking the adminship of a guy who hasn't been active for a year, founder or not.

Oh, and I found his page on another wiki where he isn't inactive, at least according to Wikia, and left him a message. He never replied. This could mean he just didn't see it, but I think it means he just isn't on wikia anymore.

@Steve: Seeing that the last time he was here on any site was on May 25th of last year and hasn't made another appearance since, i think it's safe to assume that Dewott is no longer availible on the wikia networks anymore. Unless he does actually reply back, he is still going to have his rights taken away.

@Azure Sha: Again like i said to the others here earlier, i will give him credit as the founder as well as gving him the retired tag. But nothing more than that.

@Abbadon: I'll just take that as a yes there then.

I don't know if my input is acceptable, but I will do it anyway.

I agree with CrossverseCrisis. Do that, and just for a respectful nod, add one of the "former/honorary/retired" tags, just a fair sign of what he was to the site.

SoyHop said:
I don't know if my input is acceptable, but I will do it anyway.
I agree with CrossverseCrisis. Do that, and just for a respectful nod, add one of the "former/honorary/retired" tags, just a fair sign of what he was to the site.
Thanks anyways.

I've said it already. Just like how the former admins on VS gets a tag, so too will those like Dewott here will recieve one as well.

Back