• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, something I noticed on Dark Kahn's profile is that when characters like Shao Kahn, Darkseid, Superman and Raiden are mentioned, their profiles are linked to MK and Injustice games. And this thread leaves me to believe that we do accept that DC vs. MK is somewhat canonical, or at least canonical to one of Kronika's timelines. In that case, I propose either making profiles for DCvMK Superman and Raiden or adding DCvMK keys for Injustice Superman and Second Timeline Raiden (or all the characters that appeared in both games that scale to full power Supes and Raiden) as they have fought Dark Kahn, a literal 2-C character.

Here's what I put forward in this particular instance.

DC vs MK has points of canonicity to both Midway and Netherrealm Second timeline and Injustice however, one needs to remember one thing: Outlier scaling.

Every other feat and statement of these assalopes, even in the game itself, is like, tier 9 to tier 8. 2-C is a massive outlier for the cast, and frankly, Dark Khan's profile should probably be deleted due to, oh you know...
  • Outdated Regen
  • Outdated Immortality
  • "Muh should have all their powers" BS
  • 2-C has no feats or reason to scale physically
  • LS section is bare bones as hell
  • No justification for Limitless Stamina
  • No separation between his projectiles and his merging for his powers
  • Wrath hammer as standard equipment even though he just summons the damn thing
  • Intelligence section is embarrassing at best with none of his own feats or the feats of the game
Did I get everything?

Dark Kahn should get overhauled completely and the canonicity of MkvsDC should be taken with a pair of pincers and a lot of grains of salt.
Vs - interactions don't necessarily provide canon information and it was stated somewhere (I should look better into it) that the developers use them both for reliable infos but for cool or funny references.

For example, MK11 Joker can't be the same as InJustice because, well, the latter's dead. The incursion in the respective universes also doesn't fit well the timelines, or at least it doesn't for MK9. The MK DLC characters in InJustice are also prolly not canon, just like other guests the Ninja Turtles and Hellboy, so them in themselves are hardly to be considered from the main MK timelines.
I'm all in for considering it part of the overall Netherrealm multivers, yet this is pointless to our purpose, as it doesn't really affect scaling in any meaningiful or reliable way.

Also, Reaper has nailed all the issues that are currently going on with the profile.

Maybe we could add MK Vs DC keys to the current profiles with their own scaling or something

However, considering MK1 feats are not even added yet, I'd say we should cover that first

Maybe we could add MK Vs DC keys to the current profiles with their own scaling or something
However, considering MK1 feats are not even added yet, I'd say we should cover that first
The issue is that those characters are most likely entirely different versions of the ones we see in mainline games.

So, what are we leaning towards? Deletion, new keys or new profiles
I'd prefer to just overhaul Dark Kahn's profile and fix it, if anyone wants to take the burden, even with collective help. The other characters don't honestly need their own profiles, they aren't relevant enough nor that different from their main versions, honestly.

The issue is that those characters are most likely entirely different versions of the ones we see in mainline games.

I'd prefer to just overhaul Dark Kahn's profile and fix it, if anyone wants to take the burden, even with collective help. The other characters don't honestly need their own profiles, they aren't relevant enough nor that different from their main versions, honestly.
BlackDarkness679 initially proposed the Dark Kahn profile, so if anyone knows him best, it’d be BlackDarkness, maybe tagging him here would help?

Back