• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Ash Ketchum and not his Pokemon.

AshHoldingCosmoem
That Pokemon we-No, not Pikachu. It weig-No, not Alolan Vulpix either! Cosmoem! That tiny thing! In Ash's hands! THAT! It weighs 999.9 kgs!

Ash's current Lifting Strength:
Lifting Strength: Athletic Human (Lifted and carried a Larvitar, which can weigh up to 158.7lbs/72kg, with little to no effort)

Quoting the Lifting Strength page:

Athletic Human: 120 to 227 kg (The mass of a mature lion)

>Lifting 72 kgs falls into the range of lifting 120 to 227 kg.

Huh??????? U wot m8?

(Getting back to being serious....)Also, there's some neglected minor stuff that I found out about via a Respect Thread, some of which is on his profile. Most of it isn't, though.

Anyway, that anime screenshot shows he can lift a lot more. Heck, there's the infamous log-throwing feat. Someone actually calculated it offsite. https://imgur.com/a/9NXzV Perhaps we could see about putting that calc into one of our blogs & getting it evaluating it, or if it's not valid, recalculating it?

There's also the matter of Ash pulling on a truck from the side and managing to make it curve its course enough to not fall off a sharp turn on a cliff. Of note is the truck is carrying a Lapras, which weighs 220 kg. At this speed, that's some force to overpower, even slightly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3ogeya/respect_ash_ketchum_pokemon_anime/

Besides the obvious matters of Ash damaging or tanking Pokemon or dodging or reacting to their attacks -honestly, it happens so many times, I wonder if it isn't PIS/outlier- there's other matters. Like his stamina:

Currently, Ash's profile just lists his Stamina for himself as "High". At least give a justification! Those GIFs shows it somewhat well; We can see the sky change from bright blue to orange of evening in both. Heck, Spiritomb's assault seems to continue into the evening & perhaps even the night, meaning Ash may have run even longer.

To say nothing of the stamina implied by several feats from that Respect Thread's durability section.

Lastly, his powers and abilities section.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Extensive knowledge on Pokémon

Oh and there's this Azelf absurdity the Respect Thread brings up.

THE IMPORTANT PART is those 3rd, 4th & 5th last links I posted!

Since, based on those feats, it seems like there's precedent to give Ash Ketchum Resistance to Sleep Manipulation, Telekinesis & possibly to Possession. (Although, characters snapping out of possession when someone says something of personal significance to them is very common & episode context would really help better discern the validity, IMHO.)

Oh, and maybe these are notable:

So yeah. In summary:

1. Ash's Lifting Strength is blatantly wrong. Not merely because he has at least 2 better feats, but because IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT OUR LIFTING STRENGTH GUIDELINES. 72 kgs is NOT in the Athletic Human range.

2. Include justifications for Ash's Stamina rating of "High".

3. Should we give Ash Resistance to Sleep Manipulation, Telekinesis &/or Possession?

4. Repurpose &/or recalculate the log throw feat &/or the linked offsite calc for our wiki?

5. Given the myriad of feats for it, would it be reasonable to scale Ash to Pokemon he has damaged, survived attacks from, &/or dodged?

6. Is there anything else notable in the Respect Thread?

Hopefully this seems reasonable! Looking forward to any input!

@Rapid: Yes, as mentioned in the post. It's also mentioned in his profile. And I linked an off-site calc.

But as my post mentions, VSBW standards have us obligated to have an official calc of it on our site using proper measurements for us to use as a source on the profile for the yield. We can assume the yield for the feat on our profile, & we do, but it would still be good to get a more precise value for it. That's why one of my summarizing points in the opening post is:

"4. Repurpose &/or recalculate the log throw feat &/or the linked offsite calc for our wiki?"

No clue, but that's another issue to work on. He's definitely shown use of it. You wanna add it to the opening post's list of summarized points, or shall I, Cal?

Also, any of this you disagree with?

the strength feat may be wrong but it may have a reasoning. you see, he carried a Larvitar which weighs roughly 72kg with LITTLE TO NO EFORT, which means that if he strained himself to his maximum he would likely be peak human

Back