• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abomination CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Resistances he should have:
Disease Manipulation (Was okay swimming in water of and living in the sewers) - Incredible Hulk Volume 1 Issue 431
Electricity Manipulation (Shown here) - West Coast Avengers Volume 2 Issue 25
Fire Manipulation (Survived after this) - Amazing Spider-Man Volume 1 Annual 23

His Underwater Breathing should be replaced with Type 1 Self Sustence as he was fine in space - Indestructible Hulk Volume 1 Issue 14
And on the same token the stuff mentioned his page about enhanced lung capacity should get nuked since well if even if he only has underwater breathing he'd not need to hold his breath underwater, this (Solo Avengers Volume 1 Issue 12) is the only feat I'm aware of where he holds his breath so

Possible New Key:
He could have a Chaos War Key due to being resurrected by The Chaos King in which he has feats such as ripping Hulk's throat and slashing Red She-Hulk's face (Incredible Hulks Volume 1 Issue 618) which shows his AP and natural weaponry, I'd rate him as 4-B AP wise personally due to it being unlikely Hulk at the time held back considering the situation also before anyone says anything yes at the time death was not present in the universe and Abomination alongside other demons was tasked to hunt her down but this shouldn't give him anything special since any immortality would be due to death not being around rather then anything he has.
Also he should have pain resistance due to being unfazed by this (Incredible Hulks Volume 1 Issue 619)

And if we discuss resurrections, Abomination's type 4 immortality should go
While yes he's a gamma mutant he has died several times each time he was revived it was through other means such as again The Chaos King or a bunch of scientists doing it with Hulk's tissue (Hulk Volume 3 Issue 3)

Is this uncontroversial enough so I can edit the page or do we need more people's input?
If yes can you ping Ant and like a few other Marvel people?

Oh also maybe radiation manipulation should be removed
The feat linked on the page is after he was resurrected with Banner's tissue so it might've what given it for him rather then it being a power it has, now Ig it could be another Key for him, something like "Banner Tissue" Key which would be At least 5-A for stomping Hulk and would have the radiation manipulation

This largely seems fine to me, but he only appeared briefly during the Chaos War. An extra key seems unnecessary.

What bout a Key for the second time he resurrected then?
It's also brief but technically it's how he's rn since there have not been major appearances since outside like Squirrel Girl, but that's well her so it doesn't really matter
If not then I'd say remove radiation manipulation since it's not a power he had before hand and acting like that version and the one before that are the same is wrong imo since after the scientists brought him back his mind was completely animalistic

Can I start editing the page to add the uncontroversial stuff in?

We likely did not see enough of him after the second time he was resurrected.

You can add the uncontroversial parts, yes.

We likely did not see enough of him after the second time he was resurrected.

You can add the uncontroversial parts, yes.
We should probs remove radiation manipulation then since it's tied to that
Also regeneration as I couldn't find any feats for it

I am not sure. If these abilities were included by Zark/Impress and the statistics were not increased, she probably had good reasons for it, so it is probably best to let the page remain as it is in that respect.

This abilities were not added by Zark tho?
The only edit of hers I can find in the page is the one that was made after the 4-B Marvel revision and I really doubt she researched in depth everyone who was affected by it in terms of P&A section

And even checking several respect threads such as this or this and there's no actual feat of regeneration so unless someone brings me a direct feat that I have missed alongside those other people I'm inclined to believe that this power has no merit behind it

As for radiation manipulation again, he only gained that power due to specific reasoning so unless we're giving him a new Key it should not be a part of his powers since he never showcased it prior at all

Well, what were his physical feats after his resurrection? I have read the issues, but it was a long time ago, and the stories were not very interesting.

Okay. The problem is that Hulk has a variable portrayal of his power level, as Zark started to apply, so I do not want to mess with the structure of her system.

Okay soooooo if we can't scale him to Hulk for some reason can we just remove the regeneration and radiation manipulation and call it a day?

I am not sure. If they are powers that he has demonstrated, we should preferably keep them.

As I've said already as far as I can tell he has no regeneration feats so that power gets nuked regardless
Radiation is tied to his second resurrection so unless we make a Key of that we can't have it in, that version of Abomination is a mindless beast who was made by banner's body tissue so we can't act like it's the same as before his death

I mean I think a seperate key for that would work.

Still not sure why we can’t scale him because hulk varies (canonically by the way, since anger.) but Hulk is just 4-B on his profile.

No, it is just World War Hulk that is straight 4-B. The others are listed to vary between 5-A and 4-B depending on how angry they are.

Anyway, okay then. I suppose that you can remove the abilities, in lack of better options.

Okay. Thanks.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back