• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ability addition for the Otsusuki

So the otsusuki physiology page is a bit outdated, here are some abilities that needs to be added.
Extrasensory perception
Able to detect chakra signatures and power levels accurately kilometers away

Cosmic awareness
Able to detect tears in entirely different space-times

Resistance to madness manipulation
Otsusuki should have full control over the ten tails they carry to devour planets.

Resistances to:
Perception manipulation, Illusion creation, dream manipulation, mind manipulation
This is due to the fact that otsusuki should be immune to the effects of the IT. Now at first glance you might want to say well they are the casters and as such won't be subject to it. But the nature of the jutsu in itself is what makes it impossible. First we should take into account genjutsu reflection which is basically just sending the genjutsu of a particular person back at him or her. This in itself proves casters are not immue to their own genjutsu. A typical genjutsu though does not take this into account as when cast it is directed at other peope. But the IT on a global scale is quite different. IT is cast ny reflecting a particular light on a moon to ensnare the whole planet at once. The caster in itself would be under that light too as shown with madara so the caster would have to have some kind of resistance to it so as not to be caught under it. Also sasuke who has the most powerful genjutsu in existence as known and having one of the highest BIQ in the series just never wants to use genjutsu on otsusuki, even when they are in a pinch or bad situation. To top it off they are also immune to omnipotence. which has some of the most potent mind manipulation in the series not to mention shinjutsu is meant to be superior in every way to ninjutsu and ninjutus is just a pale imitation of it.

Reality warping, mind manipulation, Emphatic manipulation, Status effect inducement, Memory manipulation
Otsusuki are immune to the effects of omnipotence which covers a wide range of abilities including Eida's charm.
For the last part daemon should also get these resistance. Momoshiki makes it clear that it is only Eida the caster that should be immune as well as otsusuki but daemon is also fully unaffected so he should get them

Agree: @Catzlaflame (neutral on MM and possibly for IT) @ActuallySpaceMan42 (neutral on MM and IT)

Last edited:
Agree, but neutral on Resistance to Madness Manipulation (we don't know if they sealed ten tails in them so only neutral on Madness Manipulation)

Resistances to:
Perception manipulation, Illusion creation, dream manipulation, mind manipulation
This is due to the fact that otsusuki should be immune to the effects of the IT. Now at first glance you might want to say well they are the casters and as such won't be subject to it. But the nature of the jutsu in itself is what makes it impossible. First we should take into account genjutsu reflection which is basically just sending the genjutsu of a particular person back at him or her. This in itself proves casters are not immue to their own genjutsu. A typical genjutsu though does not take this into account as when cast it is directed at other peope. But the IT on a global scale is quite different. IT is cast ny reflecting a particular light on a moon to ensnare the whole planet at once. The caster in itself would be under that light too as shown with madara so the caster would have to have some kind of resistance to it so as not to be caught under it. Also sasuke who has the most powerful genjutsu in existence as known and having one of the highest BIQ in the series just never wants to use genjutsu on otsusuki, even when they are in a pinch or bad situation. To top it off they are also immune to omnipotence. which has some of the most potent mind manipulation in the series not to mention shinjutsu is meant to be superior in every way to ninjutsu and ninjutus is just a pale imitation of it.
Absolutely I agree. I opened a CRT about this before. Of course, my argument was not based on Mugen Tsukiyomi. The person who performs Mugen Tsukiyomi is not affected by Mugen Tsukiyomi. This is a direct resistance. Likewise, Zetsu is not affected and Zetsu also has otsutsuki DNA. So, I think Zetsu's ability to hide his chakra and not be affected by Mugen Tsukiyomi is related to his Otsutsuki DNA. Black Zetsu is Kaguya's son, and White Zetsu is created by Kaguya. It has also been stated that chakra concealment is an Otsutsuki trait. Boruto gained the ability to hide chakra thanks to Momoshiki. Even in the episode where he loses his eye, Sasuke does not try to genjutsu Borushiki. Don't say she wasn't fast enough, Amaterasu could throw and Momoshiki saw her as a threat even though she lost her eye. So it's not like he didn't have time to do genjutsu.

I agree

Another blatant reason the Otsutsuki are immune to at least IT level Genjutsu is that Kaguya knew she needed an army to stand up to them despite the fact she can cast IT on multiple targets with just a glance yet didn't think that would be enough to stand up to them

neutral on IT resistance and Madness resistance, but the rest looks fine

I did disagree with the omnipotence thing in the past, but looking at it now, it seems fine.

neutral on IT resistance and Madness resistance, but the rest looks fine

I did disagree with the omnipotence thing in the past, but looking at it now, it seems fine.
Thanks for your input.
For the IT is it that you don't find the arguments convincing enough? And what about Sasuke not attempting to use genjustu on any otsusuki even whole having a more potent one than iT?

For the IT is it that you don't find the arguments convincing enough? And what about Sasuke not attempting to use genjustu on any otsusuki even whole having a more potent one than iT?
I mean there’s always the possibility he just chose not to use it, but tell ya what, on second thought, I can support a “possible” resistance.

Disagree with cosmic awareness. Momoshiki and kinshiki didn’t “sense” tears in kaguas world from another realm but in fact Kinshiki was sent there to check the condition of Kaguyas world and then he reported it to momoshiki after completing his search. This can be seen in the start when he uses kamui to come to him.
Then Momoshiki asks “him how did it go?” Which proves that kinshiki was indeed on some type of mission and wasn’t just chilling in the same realm.
In the reply to this he told him about finding tears in kaguyas world.
So what actually happened was that Momoshiki sent kinshiki on a mission to kaguuyas world and then kinshiki reported to him what he found after coming back.
Completely disagree with cosmic awareness.

Disagree with cosmic awareness. Momoshiki and kinshiki didn’t “sense” tears in kaguas world from another realm but in fact Kinshiki was sent there to check the condition of Kaguyas world and then he reported it to momoshiki after completing his search. This can be seen in the start when he uses kamui to come to him.
Then Momoshiki asks “him how did it go?” Which proves that kinshiki was indeed on some type of mission and wasn’t just chilling in the same realm.
In the reply to this he told him about finding tears in kaguyas world.
So what actually happened was that Momoshiki sent kinshiki on a mission to kaguuyas world and then kinshiki reported to him what he found after coming back.
Completely disagree with cosmic awareness.
I don't agree with this. First of all, it is hard to believe momoshiki just randomly remembered kaguya was on a mission a thousand years ago and just said well go and check. Most likely they sensed something was wrong and kinshiki was sent to check it out. And considering the tears recently just happened that checks out.
Also, when referring to kaguya world kinshiki didn't literally mean he could see the tears. It just refers to something he could sense and feel a region chakra was far too great. How do I know this? same episode they did not know here earth was and urashiki had to direct them and open a space time to where kaguya world was. So most likely kinshiki just sensed earth chakra and tears from kaguya own space time

I don't agree with this. First of all, it is hard to believe momoshiki just randomly remembered kaguya was on a mission a thousand years ago and just said well go and check. Most likely they sensed something was wrong and kinshiki was sent to check it out. And considering the tears recently just happened that checks out.
Also, when referring to kaguya world kinshiki didn't literally mean he could see the tears. It just refers to something he could sense and feel a region chakra was far too great. How do I know this? same episode they did not know here earth was and urashiki had to direct them and open a space time to where kaguya world was. So most likely kinshiki just sensed earth chakra and tears from kaguya own space time
Firstly, it was not Kaguya who was on a specific mission and momoshiki didn’t just randomly remembered about that. Momoshiki and the other two Otsutsukis with him were sent to investigate Kaguyas and ishiki’s whereabouts which we can see them do when they encountered Sasuke at
kaguyas former castle. The they meet Urashiki Otsutsuki who tells them about Kaguya former territory the planet Earth and how the god tree’s chakra had been distributed amongst humanity and it also had been divided into parts which humans called tailed beasts. Not only this, he also knew who were the jinchurikis of the tailed bears. It’s been made very clear from all of this that the otsutsuki’s “investigate” stuff. They don’t just automatically know about it automatically from multiple dimensions away. Heck they didn’t even knew about the former territory of Kaguya and where she had planted the god tree until they got told by urashiki after his investigation. Similarly, the Kinshiki knew about the tears after “investigating” or “observing” rather than cosmic awareness. As if they had cosmic awareness they need not do all the investigation they did.

Please stick to using the manga iteration. We (the wiki) don't use the anime version of the Versus Momoshiki Arc, so anything regarding the anime iteration shouldn't be used. At most it could probably be used as support, but definitely not the main argument.

Firstly, it was not Kaguya who was on a specific mission and momoshiki didn’t just randomly remembered about that. Momoshiki and the other two Otsutsukis with him were sent to investigate Kaguyas and ishiki’s whereabouts which we can see them do when they encountered Sasuke at
kaguyas former castle. The they meet Urashiki Otsutsuki who tells them about Kaguya former territory the planet Earth and how the god tree’s chakra had been distributed amongst humanity and it also had been divided into parts which humans called tailed beasts. Not only this, he also knew who were the jinchurikis of the tailed bears. It’s been made very clear from all of this that the otsutsuki’s “investigate” stuff. They don’t just automatically know about it automatically from multiple dimensions away. Heck they didn’t even knew about the former territory of Kaguya and where she had planted the god tree until they got told by urashiki after his investigation. Similarly, the Kinshiki knew about the tears after “investigating” or “observing” rather than cosmic awareness. As if they had cosmic awareness they need not do all the investigation they did.
1. Implying they were sent by anyone is head canon. Urashiki only referred to his superior's as momo and kinshiki and we were not told anyone sent those two, they discovered the tears themselves and decided to go and investigate. And you're just buttressing my point; They literally had no idea where earth was and in what time space which is why they kept searching kaguya's dimensions for clues. Urashiki had to show up and direct them to earth meaning they knew about the tears happening on earth without even knowing it's coordinates. I don't think you actually know what cosmic awareness fully entails. thinking having cosmic awareness just allows you know every single detail of everything going on in the universe and other space times is just ridiculous

Please stick to using the manga iteration. We (the wiki) don't use the anime version of the Versus Momoshiki Arc, so anything regarding the anime iteration shouldn't be used. At most it could probably be used as support, but definitely not the main argument.
The topic that we are discussing is not from the versus momoshiki arc. Its from academy entrance arc(majority of which is filler) and this episode is a filler so we can't get a manga version of it.

totally forgot about this thread. I think the only thing I'm waiting for is on IT. I also think Ishikki is a good support as since kaguya betrayed him He would need to have resistance to IT either way to survive everyone (including his host) jigen being trapped under IT when kaguya used it

So the otsusuki physiology page is a bit outdated, here are some abilities that needs to be added.
Extrasensory perception
Able to detect chakra signatures and power levels accurately kilometers away
I disagree with this. It's clearly not something universal to all of them, since both Isshiki and Momoshiki had to rely on the Byakugan to detect people and chakra signatures. There was even the whole subplot with the Anti-Byakugan dust essentially preventing Isshiki from finding Kawaki, which would not be the case if he had the ability to sense chakra.
Cosmic awareness
Able to detect tears in entirely different space-times
Why would this be universal to the lot of them? I think it's possible this could be tied to Kinshiki's sensory capabilities.
Resistance to madness manipulation
Otsusuki should have full control over the ten tails they carry to devour planets.
This would only count if they become its Jinchuriki, which none of them really do to our knowledge.
Resistances to: Perception manipulation, Illusion creation, dream manipulation, mind manipulation
I'm actually sort of okay with this. But I kinda have my own reasoning for it, which I'll share now.
So, from what we know so far, it seems that all Ten Tails are biologically similar. They all have a similar physical make-up, and for the purposes of this argument the important thing to keep note of is the fact that they all possess a Rinne-Sharingan (as far as we know). We also know they harvest a planet's chakra the same way, which is to turn into a tree and suck the life out of all living things on the planet, and then drain the planet itself of its energy. As we know from NARUTO, this is achieved through trapping everyone in a genjutsu using the tree's "blooming flower", which contains the Rinne-Sharingan. This is unlike how Madara and Kaguya would use it, with their own awakened Rinne-Sharingan, but that's because they are a weird exception. They merged with the God Tree itself, and so gained unique abilities, which include the ability to cast IT and spread the roots themselves given that they have become a stand-in for the Shinju itself. That being said, it's clear that the Otsutsuki mostly make use of the first method I mentioned with the tree. Basically, they reach the same goal, just using a slightly different method from Madara and Kaguya.

Anyway, since they are not even the caster in this case, and are just standing there waiting for the tree to do its thing, so they can then harvest its fruit. I think it makes sense they'd be resistant to it. Especially because we know the Shinju has no reason to exclude the Otsutsuki from its effects because the Tree actually instinctively wishes to devour Otsutsuki as we now know, so it would make no sense for it to just leave them be if it could otherwise absorb their chakra.

Finally, and this is just an added bonus rather an actual major part of the argument, but this would make sense out of something that has bugged the fandom for ages. And that is why Sasuke never used Genjutsu against any of his Otsutsuki foes. It's not like GJ is out of character for Sasuke. In fact, he used it all the time, even in the New Era. I once tallied how many times Sasuke used GJ, and he actually eclipsed Itachi's on-screen showings. Now, Sasuke obviously had way more screen-time than Itachi, so it's not strictly apples to apples, but the point was just to show that it's extremely in-character for Sasuke to cast GJ. Yet he never once bothered against these guys, and this could possibly reconcile that.
Reality warping, mind manipulation, Emphatic manipulation, Status effect inducement, Memory manipulation
Otsusuki are immune to the effects of omnipotence which covers a wide range of abilities including Eida's charm.
For the last part daemon should also get these resistance. Momoshiki makes it clear that it is only Eida the caster that should be immune as well as otsusuki but daemon is also fully unaffected so he should get them
I agree with this, and I already gave it to Hags, so you guys can just use the justification on his profile if you wish.

Why assume this is universal to all Otsutsuki? Sensory ninja exist, so the Otsutsuki who've shown this ability could just be sensors as well.
Okay I don't think we can use the standards for ninja for otsusuki. Them eating chakra fruits containing genetic make of entire species kinda make having variety of powers feasible although I admit they do have specific abilities. Why I think it is a trait is because something as advanced as resistance to extrasensory perception is described as coming naturally to them and based on their job description it does make sense. plus virtually ever single otsusuki on screen has shown this ability. Ishikki sensing where kawaki is through naruto's chakra in another dimension is another example.

Back