• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abilities for Sword King characters

These guys do not have profiles yet however some of the abilities they might have are quite strong i would say so i made this Q&A to get some more opinions just in case. I'll be posting the scans along with what i think the ability is or gives.

Acausality type 4: (Han-Bin)
This is the scan.
So what makes me say acausality here instead of resistance to precognition is due to the way it was achieved. The future created and seen by the goddesses did not occur but not because the prediction was wrong (which is what i assume would have happened if it were just resistance) but rather because Han-Bin changed reality without being part of that prediction. The fact that Han-Bin was isekai'd into this world AND the fact that his guideline is defective could be the reason for both of these, on the other hand i am not too sure if this is good enough evidence or whether i should wait for more context just to be sure. This part was the main reason why i made this thread to begin with.

Death Manipulation/Biological Manipulation (?) not sure what to call this: (Han-Bin and Kivye/Kivryelle)
Killing using Aura destroys their cells when killing them

Invulnerability and Attack Reflection for prana: (Leonhart the Inquisitor)
Prana is 1 of the 4 energy sources in Sword King. When fighting Leonhart, Ryu Han-Bin couldn't break his barrier because his Aura was weaker than Leonhart's prana meaning all the damage directed at the barrier was being redirected to the attacker's hand. I am not sure on the limits of this however it should be noted that Ryu was already physically superior to Leonhart yet he still considered attacking without Aura useless and once he started using Aura he could break the barrier.

Creation for Prana: (Leonhart)
This.

These are just some of the more controversial ones i wanted to get out of the way.

Imo the one for acausality does not really give acausality it seems more like resistance to precognition like you initially said.

Biological manipulation works and maybe limited death manip via biological manipulation.

Forcefield creation and attack reflection work. Not sure it is actually invulnerability though because it's reasoning for it working is aura/prana difference and reflecting the attack back. Of course this is within their AP regardless due to NLFs.

So more context needed for Acausality? Fair, that was my original thought too, it was just the description that seemed weird.

The invulnerability, i guess it would need better elaborated mechanics for that. Fair enough.

Ty for the input.

Hm, not sure about invulnerability. Without equal aura, it reflects the damage. It doesn't need to be invulnerable for that to be a thing.

As for creation, not sure creating energy constructs counts as that, but that's mostly semantics for it. As long as you descibe it, it should be fine.

I think I'm fine with limited Acausality? Reality needs to be altered for something different to happen, so it's a bit different from just resistance.

Well, he outright says "you're stronger but the damage is redirected to your hand" and mocks him for attacking without his aura, so yeah.

Have you read the Novel? I think its better to use the novel as source rather than the manhwa, it should be more detailed in the novel.

Also loves this vertical slash, IIRC vertical slash could transcends space-time.

6dd724771bc2e80d8e63fd6693574e27.jpg

cc87541d31c82f8b690a8d0d00d5b59f.jpg

Have you read the Novel? I think its better to use the novel as source rather than the manhwa, it should be more detailed in the novel.
I haven't actually but i have heard around that the Manhwa is becoming more and more different from the novel. If i do read the novels at some point i might need separate profiles for Manhwa and Novel depending on how different it is.

Back