• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Witch's Duel (Eda Clawthrone vs Ashley)

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
full
07fd7bcbb78dd5b0f8f6ae8f2edd0d1b.png

ASHLEY vs. EDA CLAWTHORNE

Speed Equalized

Ashley:
Eda:
Incon:

Tbh, I'm kind of leaning towards Eda here. While Ash does have a higher flight speed, reaction speed, range, and can transmute to dura neg, Eda holds most other advantages here. She is a much more experienced and competent witch having fought many other witches with a similar powerset while Ashley is pretty clumsy iirc and her spells only work 40% of the time. Eda force fields should be capable of tanking Ash's magic blasts and protect her from being transmuted. But even with these advantages Eda is pretty screwed if Ashley gets mad due to not being able to do anything about her time stop.

Doesn't speed equalised mean that both flight speed and reaction speed are equalised together with Ash's combat speed to Eda's combat speed?

Doesn't speed equalised mean that both flight speed and reaction speed are equalised together with Ash's combat speed to Eda's combat speed?
In the speed equal section
"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

And since Eda's flight speed is way faster than anything else, it's still much faster

In the speed equal section
"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc."

And since Eda's flight speed is way faster than anything else, it's still much faster
I know all that. I'm just confused as to why the above replies say Ashley has faster reaction speed and flight speed

Well I asked some time ago for other reasons
Yup. Should be fair since Ashley's reaction speed is faster and her transmutation spells dura neg.
If you want possibly or likely tiers to count in a fight you have to specifically state they count.

Anyways considering everything this comes up to basically any of Eda's spells to hit kill while Ashley's only chance is a transmutation spell or somehow become angry enough to reality warp and to make things worse Eda is significantly smarter. My vote goes to Eda

Back