• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A suggestion for Bumping a Thread Rules

So, should I insert a brief "Please avoid bumping topics that have been inactive for over a month" into the versus threads rules page?

It's not the bumping itself that's annoying, but it's, in my opinion, the bumping of concluded discussions that's already had the results recorded. That doesn't make any sense.

TheMightyRegulator said:
It's not the bumping itself that's annoying, but it's, in my opinion, the bumping of concluded discussions that's already had the results recorded. That doesn't make any sense.
Hmm, I guess us discussion mods should lock every thread that's been concluded. That way we won't se a lot of unnecessary bump

Okay, "Please avoid bumping topics that have been inactive for over a month, or that have already been concluded" then?

Hmm. Just my two cents, but more like "Please don't bump topics that have been inactive for over a month without a legit argument or topics that have been concluded at all"?

"Please avoid bumping topics that have been concluded and inactive for over a month in which the results have been tallied and applied to the relevant profiles or articles."

Well, the sentence structure did not quite work. Perhaps: "Please don't bump topics that have been inactive for over a month without a legit argument, and entirely avoid bumping topics that have been concluded."

Hmm. TheMightyRegulator's suggestion could work as well.

Antvasima said:
Well, the sentence structure did not quite work. Perhaps: "Please don't bump topics that have been inactive for over a month without a legit argument, and entirely avoid bumping topics that have been concluded."
Love it.

Okay then. Do the rest of you prefer my version or TheMightyRegulator's (And no, the fact that I technically outrank him in this wiki should not play into it. We are just having a discussion)?

Okay. Since I am going to bed soon, I will insert that version in the meantime. If the rest of you want me to modify it, I can deal with that tomorrow.

Back