• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Speed Equalization Rule Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, with characters like Mega Man for example, his time manipulation has a strict time limit, and while Time Slow still lets him use his weapons it also still lets characters of equal speed be able to react. So I say it should be case by case.

Monarch Laciel said:
But one problematic character is not enough for me to change my stance on speed equalisation.
How about a few hundred or thousand match ups like this?

Say Homura can Ap wise be put fairly against any other tier 5 (a stretch, I know, but for the sake of example). In tier 5 I would say 95% of all characters are above Mach 10. That would mean there exist around 1000 match ups in which the speed advantage is reversed just for this one user of a speed buff technique.

Now that is a high end, but once you consider that you probably have a few hundred characters that posses speed amplifying techniques you should have a broad estimation of the amount of matchups, that have this reversal occuring, in mind.

In my opinion the entire thing is like allowing Goku to go SSJ in a match against base goku, because transforming is one of his most important techniques.

@DontTalkDT

I am sorry but your argument is incredibly fallacious and leads to a slippery slope.

So what if the power allows for a speed increase? Really, it changes nothing. Speed Equalization equalizes base speed. It says nothing of Statistics Amplification Abilities, Nerfing Abilities, Time Manipulation, Distance Erasing, etc etc.

If a character has these abilities and can win because of them then that's that. Every Vs.Matchup has to have a means of a conclusion, and if a character has the powers that allow them to become faster than the opponent, that is a 100% legitimate means of victory.

Complaining about means of artificially increase your speed is no different than complaining about any ability wielded by any character ever that has granted them victory over another.

The only reason we have the Speed Equalizing rule is because Speed differences limit a stupidly large amount of otherwise interesting match-ups to "X Characters Blitzes". The goal was never to just nerf Speed characters to oblivion because they win using speed. I don't see why this is even being brought to discussion. Is Ren that broken?

People need to calm down a little.

Yeah, we get it. This proposition is a bad idea that will probably lead to worse ideas. But some of the responses I'm reading are overreactions at the very minimum, and others are difficult to even look at because of how much they're blowing this thing out of proportion. There's no need for reacting in such an extreme, nor is there need for the extra snark and venom. And this is coming from one of the more openly sarcastic people on this wiki.

So far, I haven't seen any snarky responses. Calling out arguments as fallacious isn't something snarky.

Comment before the inevitable Hakai.

Also, no to the OP, no to Speed Amplification and Nerfing getting nulled, no to all of it.

Maybe "snarky" wasn't the word I was looking for. I'm tired right now.

Still seems like there are conclusions being jumped to. Forgive me here, but I highly doubt that something like a rule against time manipulation in speed equalized matches would lead to regular "all stats equalized" matches and "disabling of any hax that gives an advantage" becoming a norm, not unless numerous other supremely dumb rules were put into place afterwards.

I don't agree with this, obviously. I don't even agree with speed equalization in and of itself half of the time. But the person made one suggestion and everyone seems to have taken it a lot further than it was meant to have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back