• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Speed Equalization Rule Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Alright, I don't know why this is allowed but I definitely think it shouldn't be.

TIME MANIPULATION!!!!!!. Honestly why is this not banned for Speed Equalized fights?. It outright destroys the reason for speed equalization in the first place.

Example: In the rules it states Speed Equalization nulls any speed alteration from Statistics Amplification and Transformations. Meaning if two Goku's fought each other and one had Kaioken, he would get the AP and Durability increase but his speed will not increase and stay the same otherwise it would be a speed blitz. Yet if the other Goku could freeze time, it's allowed... Even though that literally is just another speed blitz.

People with Time Stop or Slow would just smack around whoever they fight because the other cannot do anything.

I've seen some members ban Time Stop but I've seen several fights that have speed equalized but leave time stop or slow even though that would go against them being equal in speed as they won't be able to defend themselves as they are now slower or frozen in time.

"It outrights destroys the reason for speed equalization in the first place"

Except it doesn't. You cannot blitz someone if you need to set up a time manipulation in the first place in order to "blitz". Honestly the same goes for speed buffs. It's becoming really silly if we're willing to ax both a character's speed AND time hax just to make the opponent win.

I can agree with that; futhermore, some characters with gravity manipulation can slow down enemies too, should be a rule for them too?

^ See where this is leading us? We're gonna ban literally everything that can be used to slow down someone just to prevent a "blitz"?

I am against this. I am also vehemently against restricting speed buff or debuff skills. We equalize speed to at least make the fight possible, what happens from there is dependent on the character abilities. However, if a character can buff their speed, we should restrict that. Same for Time Hax. It is no different that having a character who Power Nulls first thing or Mind Haxes first thing with a thought. That's more playing into the nature of the character more than anything.

I think banning everything that can be used to slow down your opponent or speed up yourself, just to prevent a blitz is a bit ridiculous. It's a difference between technique and raw speed imo, only raw speed should be banned, if you can't keep up with your opponent due to their technique, just means you lose due to their technique, unless it's something ridiculous like time manipulation which makes you immeasurable in speed or something.

Equalizing speed should just give a chance for the matches to take place, not to nullify a character's inherent abilities.

My opinion;

-Raw speed is the MOST that should be equalized.

-Speed Buff and Debuff Moves are to be allowed.

-Time Manipulation nor any slow down or speed up technique should be restricted.

Speed Equalization is meant to do nothing more other than allowing matches to take place. Nothing more nothing less. We can't go around restricting every little thing revolving speed because loloutspeed. That's what the ability does. We should not restrict abilities like that.

This is restrictive, redundant and remarkably unremarkable, being as frank as possible.

So many abilities will be restricted if we allow this to happen. Literally any instant ability will need to be banned, since they are instantaneous and don't leave the opponent with an opportunity to fight back.

This means ALL characters who thrive in these abilities are all but gone.

Anyone who has OP instant hax, no matter what it is, is now banned altogether because these haxes are probably their main hax. This will thus reduce the number of reasonable matches. Drastically so.

It hurts our VS community. All to prevent a favorite character from "losing badly".

I am vehemently against this in any shape or form.

I don't think I can add much else.

I'm also against this. Speed Equalized skews a fight enough in one character's favor. Banning speed and time boosts would ruin the credibility of a fight.

well I don't like speed equalization in the first place, so it doenst make a different to me but, I don't think taking out speed/time change out of a character's 'power gallery' is necessary. its just another power, with much more limits, strains, and restriction, than basic speed.

I'm pretty much with the op, except that I would only restrict time slow / time acceleration, not time stop or other time manipulation, since the other stuff isn't really equivalent to a speed change of the character. Basically instant techniques should not be viewed as having speed in this context.

When it comes to "skewing a fight in one characters favor" the argument that a character wins a speed equal fight through the speed he gains from a technique is much worse, in my opinion.

For example: Having Homura Kamishiro win against Kaguya Otsutsuki, because Homura can multiply his speed by 10, through time manipulation, and is then faster than the Kagura that is nerfed to his base speed is just a terrible outcome, given that the character with a speed disadvantage wins, due to having a speed advantage in the speed equalized setting.

Having the speed advantage turned upside down like that is exceptionally unfair and I don't think the option actually extends the amount of viable matchups.

In my opinion no speed related arguments should be used in speed equalized matches, unless the thread creator excludes certain things from being equalized, and if exceptionally unfair advantages are generated via this regulation to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

At that point then we are nerfing a character's abilities to skew a match and not just putting them on an equal playing field in terms of initial raw speed. At that point it's the ability that gives the character the win. The speed buff is an ability. We are now starting to become over restrictive here. I am vehemently against restricting speed increasing or reduction skills. We've already equalized normal speed, no need to restricts other things.

The character with a speed disadvantage wins due to a hax that stops time, which consequently slows someone down. Hard, but unless we want to abolish half of the abilities available to us, a decision that would hardly be appreciated by our users, I suggest we learn to live with it.

I'm going to be honest.

I'm really sick of "lol time blitz X 3000".

But one problematic character is not enough for me to change my stance on speed equalisation. I think that time manipulation abilities are fine to use in speed equal matches. And I also think that other forms of speed buffs and debuffs should be allowed as well. Just the base speed should be equalised.

If your match involves the Supersonic character winning against the MFTL+ character thanks to speed equalised and a speed boosting ability, then it just wasn't a good matchup in the first place.

I'll highlight this. I believe it's important, since it could end up affecting many, many similar abilities.

If you guys disagree with it, you can remove it.

I am 100% against this. This is restrictive, obsessive, unneeded, and only amounts to further ruining matchups by removing things that should be factors in the match even more. Soon we will equalize every single stat, it is terrible. This is no different than banning any single hax that gives a user an advantage over the another. Should we ban Strength Amplification / Nerfing as well cause it "Makes one stronger than the other?" No of f*cking course we shouldn't. If a character has an ability that puts him an advantage over the other, than guess what, that's just the very nature of Vs. Debating. One character will come out on top, one way or another. Trying to nerf people because you favorite characters lose in speed equalized matchups is terrible.

In Agreement: DT

In Disagreement: Saikou, Dragon, Matt, Glass, Kep, Ever, Monarch, Celestial, Anti, Lorenzo, Dziga and PaChi

If these abilities would be problematic enough to make it stompy, then its not added due to being a stomp, same as they already are. I can begrudgingly accept equalizing speed even when its not always needed, but this is too restrictive and vague, as well as the possibility to extrapolate to any instant and important ability.

In Disagreement: Saikou, Dragon, Matt, Glass, Kep, Ever, Monarch, Celestial, Anti, Lorenzo, Dziga, PaChi, Light, Reb, Woki

I'm iffy with speed equalization in the first place but this would be overkill. Would make a lot of fights pointless and a lot of chars unusable. I like to create 2 scenarios, speed equal and speed not equal.

In Disagreement: Saikou, Dragon, Matt, Glass, Kep, Ever, Monarch, Celestial, Anti, Lorenzo, Dziga, PaChi, Aria, Love, Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back